Author Topic: What did you do in your shed / man cave today?  (Read 1804858 times)

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: What did you do in your shed / man cave today?
« Reply #1625 on: May 17, 2014, 05:39:49 PM »
Noticed the kitchen was getting hard to open and close

So I had a close look thinking I may need to clean and grease the rollers, but found the problem to be much bigger. The tracks that are welded to the kitchen frame were all buckled up and worn.

Spoke to the Conqueror about a fix, they said that they had this happen to some of their earlier models, but had changed the design now and made them stronger. Long story shortened, they gave me these new improved replacement parts (all stainless), even though I bought the trailer second hand from a private seller, they still bent over backwards to help me.

So it was out with the old -

In with the new-

and then all back together tikkety boo  ;D
ready to go out and play again

Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
« Reply #1626 on: May 17, 2014, 05:41:39 PM »
Noticed the kitchen was getting hard to open and close

So I had a close look thinking I may need to clean and grease the rollers, but found the problem to be much bigger. The tracks that are welded to the kitchen frame were all buckled up and worn.

Spoke to the Conqueror about a fix, they said that they had this happen to some of their earlier models, but had changed the design now and made them stronger. Long story shortened, they gave me these new improved replacement parts (all stainless), even though I bought the trailer second hand from a private seller, they still bent over backwards to help me.

So it was out with the old -

In with the new-

and then all back together tikkety boo  ;D
ready to go out and play again

A great result and tremendous support from Conqueror

GG

Offline Pirate_Pete

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1627 on: May 18, 2014, 07:31:56 PM »
I with the help from my younger brother managed to run the 16mm cable back to the 50a Anderson plug, wire up the reversing camera & fit the replacement mirror with the monitor in it, mounted the UHF antenna & head unit & got them all hooked up & running on the 3 day old PX Ranger Super Cab.

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #1628 on: May 18, 2014, 07:41:51 PM »
Replaced the speakers in the barn doors of my GQ. They haven't worked for about 5 years - thought I should get a round tuit.
Also rattle tinned the wiper arms with flat black as there was no paint left on them. Also shouted her some new wiper rubbers. Goes like a brand newy now.
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1629 on: May 19, 2014, 10:58:26 AM »
A great result and tremendous support from Conqueror

GG
I've been to them a couple of times for advice and spare parts, and have always found them to be exceptionally helpfull.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline Pirate_Pete

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1630 on: May 19, 2014, 06:21:25 PM »
Finished the Ranger today. As I got so far yesterday I went the next step that I was thinking I wouldn't get done unit we get back from our trip

Master auto CBs for the Anderson plug & switched supply for the accessories

Accessories fuse block

Socket for Waeco Thermoelectric Fridge

Just fits

UHF

I also hid a socket in the A Pillar for the iPhone & GPS

When I was at it I also did the continuos power on mod for the electric windows so when the vehicle is turned off you can still use them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline grafy82

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1631 on: May 19, 2014, 09:55:01 PM »
Not exactly in the shed but... I've been wanting to put lights up in the carport for ages now and had slowly been collecting bits and pieces off eBay to do the job. I ended up going 12v with a solar panel and small battery to keep it all going. I used 1.5watt globes with Edison Screw fittings and I've mounted 8 sockets (only 4 are on in the picture) so a total 1amp draw. I've set a up a 12v motion sensor to activate the lights when the car drives in or you walk down the stairs to get in the car. Not that it'll probably ever get used for that long but I should have roughly 4 hours of continuous light at night, running the battery down to 50%. As I said, there's only 4 lights on out of 8 in the picture and it doesn't do it justice, but it's really plenty bright and I'm stoked. I'll finish off tomorrow with the other 4 lights.

Cheers

Wes
My Trailer Build
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=16864.0

You can't believe everything you read on the Internet. - Julius Caesar

Offline Nick74

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1632 on: May 19, 2014, 10:34:05 PM »
Polished up the pootroll ready for sale

Cheers Nick
2013 PB Challenger
2011 GIC Offroad aka Katie
If I loved these tyres any more they would be beer - David Freiberger 2015

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1633 on: May 20, 2014, 07:53:09 AM »
Not exactly in the shed but... I've been wanting to put lights up in the carport for ages now and had slowly been collecting bits and pieces off eBay to do the job. I ended up going 12v with a solar panel and small battery to keep it all going. I used 1.5watt globes with Edison Screw fittings and I've mounted 8 sockets (only 4 are on in the picture) so a total 1amp draw. I've set a up a 12v motion sensor to activate the lights when the car drives in or you walk down the stairs to get in the car. Not that it'll probably ever get used for that long but I should have roughly 4 hours of continuous light at night, running the battery down to 50%. As I said, there's only 4 lights on out of 8 in the picture and it doesn't do it justice, but it's really plenty bright and I'm stoked. I'll finish off tomorrow with the other 4 lights.

Cheers

Wes

looks like a great idea... can you provide a link to the 12v motion sensor you used?

Offline grafy82

• Hard Floor Camper User
My Trailer Build

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User

Offline grafy82

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1636 on: May 20, 2014, 08:01:58 PM »
thanks mate.  are they just wired up in series with the led's?  and it acts like a switch?

Not 100% sure (da structions in chinglish) but there is a load pin which the positive of the lights go into, an L pin which the positive of the battery goes into and an N pin which both negative wires go into. Clear as mud. ;D
My Trailer Build

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1637 on: May 21, 2014, 07:37:35 AM »
Not 100% sure (da structions in chinglish) but there is a load pin which the positive of the lights go into, an L pin which the positive of the battery goes into and an N pin which both negative wires go into. Clear as mud. ;D

cool, thanks again...

Offline fridayman

• Tent User
    • TRIP TALES
« Reply #1638 on: May 21, 2014, 09:59:34 AM »
I fixed my Karcher pressure washer to be better than new. I never knew that the pulsing it did with the trigger off (since I bought it new) was a problem. It's only when the pump stopped turning off that I realised there was a problem. They are actually surprisingly simple and I would encourage anyone to try and fix one should it go wrong. Just be mindful that they are full of oil  - until you spill it all over your workbench... It took as long cleaning up the oil as it did to fix the leak.

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1639 on: May 21, 2014, 12:08:38 PM »
I fixed my Karcher pressure washer to be better than new. I never knew that the pulsing it did with the trigger off (since I bought it new) was a problem. It's only when the pump stopped turning off that I realised there was a problem. They are actually surprisingly simple and I would encourage anyone to try and fix one should it go wrong. Just be mindful that they are full of oil  - until you spill it all over your workbench... It took as long cleaning up the oil as it did to fix the leak.

so what did you actually do?

Offline fridayman

• Tent User
    • TRIP TALES
« Reply #1640 on: May 21, 2014, 01:05:44 PM »

so what did you actually do?

With the casing off, I turned it on and saw the leak was from the soap feed nipple at the bottom of the pump. On mine this nipple had not been installed correctly from the factory and required me to take off a metal cap/brace. Unfortunately the bolts that hold the cap on, also hold the pump to the "gearbox" on the bottom of the motor. So when I undid these bolts, all the gearbox oil came out and made a mess of my work bench. Tip: keep the unit upright and upside down if you do this. Once I could get the nipple off it was obvious that the o-ring seal had pinched on original installation. Fortunately I have a tray of assorted o-rings so swapped it out and pressed the nipple back in. Google helped me find out what, and how much, oil to put back - I replaced the oil with 100ml of 15-40w (although the recommendation is 30w). With everything back together it now works better than ever and there is no more water leaking/spraying/dripping anywhere.
Having read up on it a bit now, a common problem is the washer motor pulsing when the trigger is off, usually due to a small leak somewhere. This is bad and usually leads to more expensive problems / pump failures, so is worth fixing early. 

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1641 on: May 21, 2014, 03:31:30 PM »
With the casing off, I turned it on and saw the leak was from the soap feed nipple at the bottom of the pump. On mine this nipple had not been installed correctly from the factory and required me to take off a metal cap/brace. Unfortunately the bolts that hold the cap on, also hold the pump to the "gearbox" on the bottom of the motor. So when I undid these bolts, all the gearbox oil came out and made a mess of my work bench. Tip: keep the unit upright and upside down if you do this. Once I could get the nipple off it was obvious that the o-ring seal had pinched on original installation. Fortunately I have a tray of assorted o-rings so swapped it out and pressed the nipple back in. Google helped me find out what, and how much, oil to put back - I replaced the oil with 100ml of 15-40w (although the recommendation is 30w). With everything back together it now works better than ever and there is no more water leaking/spraying/dripping anywhere.
Having read up on it a bit now, a common problem is the washer motor pulsing when the trigger is off, usually due to a small leak somewhere. This is bad and usually leads to more expensive problems / pump failures, so is worth fixing early.

excellent, detailed explanation. thanks for the tip...

Offline deepop

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Living the dream.
« Reply #1642 on: May 21, 2014, 08:16:53 PM »

Yes what he said.   Thanks for that.   I have to pull mine apart - pump seems to have partially stopped working.   Not getting much pressure out of it.
Manual petrol 105 series 'cruiser.
Aust. trailers semi off road trailer with Southern Cross Canvas tent, water, gas, kitchen and other stuff.

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1643 on: May 23, 2014, 05:41:53 PM »
Drained the water from the tank, quick flush and 1/2 filled it back up for our quick trip tomorrow
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline Brumbypt

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Trailers, trailers, trailers, trailers..
« Reply #1644 on: May 23, 2014, 07:03:49 PM »
Been working on a commodore for the last few days, new DVD touch screen double din bluetooth DAB unit, pulled all the centre console off to take the front centre surrounds off to get the radio holder out and new one in.

After the advice from you guys, I bought the adaptor plug, but after getting them home and plugging them in, rang the auto shop and spoke with the installer and he said I  don't need it. grrr $40 for a couple of adaptors. Also need an adaptor for the car aerial, so will have to take out the unit again, but this time it will be easy. Also have bought a reversing camera off eBay, so need to plug that in when it arrives.

Also had to install a new front guard and drivers door and she did a little whoopsie..

It was good to work on the car with no drivers door.

Also fixed a puncture in her nearly bald tyre with a plug.

Also changed all 4 speakers.

3 days.. now my back etc is so sore cos the car is so darn low. Much prefer to work on 4wds...

Peter,
sent by telegram stop
1993 80 series landcruiser

Offline evolution

• Pain is just weakness leaving the body
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1645 on: May 23, 2014, 08:30:05 PM »
Hey peter,
What model commodore? I'm presuming a vy-vz?
Also what kind of stereo? Pioneer?
Feel free to send me a pm mate, I'm more than happy to walk you through it.

Cheers
Evo
Owner at Regional Campers
Explore a different world!

Offline Brumbypt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1646 on: May 23, 2014, 08:34:02 PM »
VZ

Peter,
sent by telegram stop

Offline Brumbypt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1647 on: May 23, 2014, 08:35:41 PM »
Already done, installed and working..

VZ berlina, pioneer 3600DAB... dvd touch screen with bluetooth music and phone.. Love the unit, might have to get one for the cruiser.

Peter,
sent by telegram stop

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1648 on: May 23, 2014, 09:48:59 PM »
Already done, installed and working..

VZ berlina, pioneer 3600DAB... dvd touch screen with bluetooth music and phone.. Love the unit, might have to get one for the cruiser.

Peter,
sent by telegram stop

Same one I put into The 80. It is a great unit
Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline feisty

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1649 on: May 23, 2014, 09:57:53 PM »
Hi guys . Just wondering how much digital radio there is in the country.   Cheers

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Feisty
Sahara 100TD & Pioneer Argyle