Author Topic: Landcruiser Dual Cab Coming Soon  (Read 65297 times)

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
Re: Landcruiser Dual Cab Coming Soon
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2012, 08:32:17 PM »
Really looking forward to seeing one.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline markymark

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • everyone seems normal until you get to know them
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2012, 09:40:58 PM »
It's all true
I ordered one from Cooma Toyota yesterday
I is being built in August
Delivered September
Landcruiser 70 series GXL Dual Cab with integral tray same as the Hi Lux
More to follow soon

You must have photos then - you wouldn't buy a car if you've never seen it in the flesh, unless you're getting ripped off by someone who works on an oil rig and needs Paypal deposit to get the vehicle released for viewing etc etc...even a dealer brochure?

Mark.
Trak Shak, FJ Cruiser

Offline Hendo66

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2012, 10:05:04 PM »
I think October launch as August is first build. ABS standard also across range!

Offline JU5T1N

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2012, 10:38:46 PM »
this will be the 1st time ARB offer a 16" lift. It will be needed to bold the rear up once fitting their rear bar with those 2t of steel side protectors..... ;D

Nissan whore:
Nissan Patrol GUramax (Stripped by ADC)
Nissan Skyline R33 GTR V-spec 480awkw
Nissan Skyline R34 GTR M-spec 830awkw (NOW SOLD)

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2012, 10:42:06 AM »
If they are pinning this new Duel Cab on sales from the mining boom then it wont happen. BMA has release that all new vehicles have to be NCAP 5 Star rated with a two year grace period for the change. So bye bye 70 series Dual Cab, you were a nice dream.

But demand for Armaroks, BT50's and Rangers in white has now gone through the roof!

I believe that this rules the hilux out to ???
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2012, 01:29:13 PM »
You must have photos then - you wouldn't buy a car if you've never seen it in the flesh, unless you're getting ripped off by someone who works on an oil rig and needs Paypal deposit to get the vehicle released for viewing etc etc...even a dealer brochure?

Mark.

I did.  I put in an order for the first 4 door Jeep Wrangler in Australia - 6 months before they even landed in the country.  I did see a photo of one though!

Chris F

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2012, 03:28:30 PM »
If they are pinning this new Duel Cab on sales from the mining boom then it wont happen. BMA has release that all new vehicles have to be NCAP 5 Star rated with a two year grace period for the change. So bye bye 70 series Dual Cab, you were a nice dream.

But demand for Armaroks, BT50's and Rangers in white has now gone through the roof!

I believe that this rules the hilux out to ???
I don't care if the mining companies buy them or not, I spoke to our dealer this morning and I order mine tomorrow  :cheers:

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • MySwag.org - The Off-road Camper Trailer forum
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2012, 04:24:43 PM »
Hey guys I hope they do bring them in and good luck with your orders...

But i'm still a sceptic on this one as it would be in direct competition with the Hilux. I personally would be seeing something in writhing like an internal memo that has a brief overview of the vehicle that the dealer would have if they are taking orders. Like the one Toyota showed me about the Updated 200 Series back before it was released.
Cheers
Brett

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »
I did.  I put in an order for the first 4 door Jeep Wrangler in Australia - 6 months before they even landed in the country.  I did see a photo of one though!

The difference is Jeep had released media to the public so you knew they were coming... Not just a rumour.  ???
Cheers
Brett

Chris F

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2012, 04:32:19 PM »
Thanks Brett. I have spoken to a few dealers now over the last month, and although they all agree the vehicle will be available later this year, they know less than most of us about it. I can't believe they would be happy to take peoples money unless they are certain, but you never know. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2012, 04:43:56 PM »
Hey Chris a quick googling show all the press releases that say it's coming are from Feb or early March and state due to the Mining Boom. This is prior to BMA (the largest buyer and a 2 year grace for it's contractors) now demanding 5 Star NCAP Rating for all new vehicles. Doesn't look good to me.  ???

Any way there is still the 70 Wagon, Troppie or Ute for you guys to drop your coin on.  8)
Cheers
Brett

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »

But i'm still a sceptic on this one as it would be in direct competition with the Hilux.

I dont think they will in reality though common sense suggests you should be correct. 

Toyota buyers are a funny lot and money often seems to be no issue or the real value of the product itself is not considered.

So I think they will sell like hotcakes.

cheers
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline whitey1

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Mr and Mrs Whiteys Great Oz Trek
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2012, 07:31:33 PM »
I wouldnt think it would be in competition with the Hilux any more than the Prado is in competition with the 200 series. Different size vehicles to start with, different size motors etc.

Toyota Prado D4D towing an custom built off road caravan
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mr-Mrs-Whiteys-Great-Oz-Trek/23574764645

Chris F

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2012, 08:19:27 PM »
Any way there is still the 70 Wagon, Troppie or Ute for you guys to drop your coin on.  8)
I need a ute for work and a single cab is out of the question for me. As far as dual cab utes go, this 70 series is the pick of the bunch imo.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2012, 08:22:25 PM »
so those that are ordering this fictional car from walt disney, whats the actual full delivered price your paying on the road....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline jim-m-72

• Swag User
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2012, 08:57:19 PM »
The company I work for is looking at the mazda BT50 and Ranger models to be mine spec, so there should be lots of good 2nd hand toyotas that have never seen a road in their life up for auction soon. and there is rumors about rio and some others following bma lead with ancap rating  but only rumors.
Jim
dyslexics of the world untie

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
Landcruiser Dual Cab Coming Soon
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2012, 09:07:02 PM »
Toyota Australia would be getting nervous I reckon. The demand from mining firms has kept the price and margins right up there.

This is not the first time they've dropped the ball. You'll all recall how Corolla was the undisputed champion of small cars for 20 years, but has languished for at least the last 6-7 years because Toyota didn't keep up in terms of technology and performance.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Chris F

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2012, 03:57:26 PM »
Just stopped in at Walt Disney's place and ordered a 70 series dual cab  ;D
GXL comes standard with 130 lt tank, front and rear diff locks and yes... a clock :cup:
Maybe I'm dreaming, but it doesn't feel like it.

Offline ozbogwam

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2012, 06:12:46 PM »
So surely with all these orders etc there must be some actual details, specs, pics and prices

Offline Sixtys Guy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »
LOL to all of you doubters! I just went down to the local Toyota and paid my deposit for the new 300 series Cruiser. It's cheaper to lay the cash down now than when they are officially released! Lucky I got in early! I'm think about buying a bridge too........  :cheers:

Just jokes! I really like the concept of a dual cab 70 series. I hope it isn't fiction.
2009 Dual Cab Hilux
2009 Southern Cross Canvas Bush Mate

Offline Wuzgonna

• Tent User
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2012, 07:15:23 PM »
What's that I heard, a new 300 series dual cab?

I want one!!

, The old rig gone but not forgotten...

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2012, 10:30:28 PM »
Just stopped in at Walt Disney's place and ordered a 70 series dual cab  ;D
GXL comes standard with 130 lt tank, front and rear diff locks and yes... a clock :cup:
Maybe I'm dreaming, but it doesn't feel like it.

Fair dinkum is This like a clue a night ? Can you tell us some more? Are they like the photos? Dollars?

:worthles:
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Chris F

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2012, 07:17:47 AM »
Fair dinkum is This like a clue a night ? Can you tell us some more? Are they like the photos? Dollars?

:worthles:
No pics or price yet. The money you pay to order is refundable at any time before a deposit is paid, so there is no risk. If it costs too much, which it might, or looks really stupid or doesn't eventuate I'll bail out. Otherwise I will hopefully get one without too long a wait.
I sat in an office while the dealer read out the features for the new dual cab off the computer screen. Some of you guys might think I'm in lala land and that this is all bs, but I see no big deal with ordering a car that the dealers say is definitely coming out later this year. If it doesn't I get my money back and start looking for a far less suitable work vehicle. I use my 4x4 as a tractor pulling a plough/seeder in boggy conditions for up to 3 months a year and over rough and rocky terrain the rest of the time. The dual cab utes we have get bashed around because of lack of clearance (except our old 1998 Hilux). They don't make them like they used too. If the pessimists of Myswag are right and this 70 series dualcab becomes a myth, can anyone recommend a good HEAVY DUTY 4X4 dual cab besides a Landrover Defender? I can't think of one. And for the Nissan diehards, if I could get a dual cab Patrol I'd be happy with that too.

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2012, 08:17:14 AM »
Chris,

Have seen plenty of Dual Cab Patrols & Cruisers, the "chop"is done by Custom Conversions in Brissy, they also extend the wheelbase  - from memory the cost is about $20k but that was a while ago.

And no, I don't have any affiliation to them, just seen some of their work - not sure if you would want to spend the $$$'s & use it as a tractor though!
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2012, 08:26:36 AM »
Thanks Chris that's good news and was only have a bit of fun, hope it all comes through for you.  It sure sounds like Toyota are making them and they are coming here. I presume there making them for the whole world so it really shouldnt matter whether the mining companies take them up or not. Just might effect the pricing. I would think if they have a good sturdy tray with hard points for mounting tripods they will get plenty of business in Africa and the middle east as well.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim