Author Topic: Trackabout In Administration (not receivership)- Rumour????  (Read 40877 times)

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:31:50 AM by MDS69 »

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Trackabout In Receivership - Rumour????
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 02:42:46 PM »
Johnny Trackabout is a member of this forum - lets wait for his reply and not let rumour and speculation take hold.

Manjimike

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:56:49 PM »
Johnny Trackabout is a member of this forum - lets wait for his reply and not let rumour and speculation take hold.
exactly right

snakehips

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 03:42:57 PM »
Sad, but looks true :'( 

http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bin/gns030c?juris=9&hdtext=ACN&srchsrc=1&acn=131808305

"ASIC National Names Index

Australian Securities & Investments Commission Index of corporate and business names

Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 16:39:42 on 30/01/2012
Name TRACKABOUT OFF ROAD CAMPERS PTY LTD
ACN 131 808 305

ABN 25 131 808 305

Type  Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Registration Date 24/06/2008
Next Review Date 24/06/2012
Status  ** UNDER EXTERNAL ADMINISTRATION and/or CONTROLLER APPOINTED **
Locality of Registered Office Slacks Creek QLD 4127
Jurisdiction  Australian Securities & Investments Commission

These are the documents that ASIC has most recently received from or in relation to this organisation. Page numbers are shown if processing is complete and the document is available for purchase. 
 Date Number Pages Description
 27/01/2012 7E4241649  2 505U Notification of Appt of Administrator Under S.436a, 436b,
    436c, 436e(4), 449b, 449c(1), 449c(4) or 449(6)

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 03:46:10 PM »
Good Luck JT, hope things can be worked thru.

:cheers:
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline morcon

• Tent User
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 03:48:02 PM »
Will wait for John's reply - but for the record, receivers and administrators are 2 different things.

Offline Campa

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 03:48:33 PM »
It seems that they have only gone into Administration, Which is a not receivership. Hopefully He can sort things out with the Administrator taking control and get back on track.

Offline Johnny Trackabout

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • GIDDY UP...WHOO BACK
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 03:48:44 PM »
Unfortunately it's true.  As of Friday 27th January 2012 the company went into voluntary administration.  The global financial crisis is our reason for coming unstuck. We got hit hard when people chose to stop spending money on luxury products, which at the end of the day a quality built camper trailer is. We got behind in taxes and although business has been steady the past 12-18 months we haven't been able to recover from that debt.

The ATO is now playing hard ball, not just with us, but with hundreds of companies in similar situations.  The Tax Commissioner stated less than a month ago that 800-900 Australian businesses are going into administration/receivership every month.  He expects that number to increase during 2012. With the ongoing global financial crisis, increasing imports available at low prices and this back debt, we sought advice and have chosen to go into voluntary administration. 

People have likened me to Dick Smith in that I always try to support Australian made.  I urge all prospective buyers to support Australian made products, otherwise there won't be any in the future.  No Australian manufacturing equals no jobs in this industry for our kids.

I know Trackabout is not alone in his predicament. I urge you all to support Australian camper trailer manufacturers or there will be more threads like this one in the coming year.

We would like to thank all of our loyal customers for their support over the past 10 years.  I've enjoyed providing a great product for you all to enjoy the great outdoors ... and your camper trailers will all be around for a long time.  Ironically you may have seen that we came runner up in the Camper Trailer Australia Camper of the Year, second place by a tiny little margin.  So rest assured you've got a good product.

Over the years I've had several offers to buy Trackabout, but I wasn't ready to sell.  If anyone wants to pick it up now as a going concern, with a strong brand and market presence, send me a personal message and I will pass your details on.  My health has suffered over the last 6-12 months and I won't be continuing with Trackabout, irrespective of what comes out of the voluntary administration.

I won't be posting other comments on this thread.  This is not an easy time for me and I would appreciate people respecting how difficult this is after ten years owning Trackabout.  So thanks again for your support during these ten years.  Maybe I'll actually get out now to enjoy the product now ;D

Cheers
JT

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 03:58:56 PM »
Shame, you have built up such a great reputation too :( As you say, your not alone ...

Some great points in ya post too in releation to cheap rubbish on the market in all fa, and buying AU made or theres no future jobs for our kids except selling imported stuff...

Hook up the trailer, I'm sure we can arrange a Relaxing weekend in the High Country for you with drinks (Calling Speewa)... :)
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Flemo

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 04:01:15 PM »
Shit mate bad news for sure. If your product can't get through it then I don't know will.
Still massively appreciate your time and brains that went into our tracky. If you have some time off and are down Yamba way I'll shout you a few beers for sure :cheers: flemo

Offline Fun Police

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 04:02:25 PM »
That is such a shame.  Wish you all the best for the future.

I know that in our research for CT's we will ONLY be buying one of the Aust made model.

I noticed that in the ExplorOz thread that someone else was alluding that Lifestyle were possibly heading the same way.

I've emailed them for comment on this...and to jump on it if it is not correct....you don't want that to be alluded to if it is incorrect.
Especially since Lifestyle is still at the top of our "to buy" list!!
You can't spell 'funeral' without 'fun', nor 'manslaughter' without 'laughter'

Offline db

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 04:05:47 PM »
Good luck John,

Trackabout make a great product and you and your staff deserve a much better outcome than this. 

Richard
Modcon Quattro
NW Pajero GLX-R

Offline wholehog

• "Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »
Good luck John,

Trackabout make a great product and you and your staff deserve a much better outcome than this. 
+1

Offline Campa

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »
Very sad news. Trackabout  set the benchmark not only for product but service, in the camper trailer industry.

Looks like the price's of second hand trackabout's  are about to go through the roof.

Offline noel_w

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Welcoming Mexicans to SEQ since 2015
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 04:22:38 PM »
Looks like the price's of second hand trackabout's  are about to go through the roof.
Not mine, I'm keeping it as I can't upgrade. :'(
Sorry to hear this John, I only got to meet you a couple of times in Moss St but nothing was too much trouble. The CT industry has lost a true innovator and leader.
TUG=GU ST 2012 Ute, CT = Modcon Imperial HF
We have to start thinking about what sort of a world we are going to leave for Keith Richards after we are all gone.

Offline Snow

• Follow me, I'll be right behind you.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 04:31:10 PM »
That's a damn shame John. I hope you and your crew come out of this chin up and positive mate.

See you at a campfire soon I hope.......maybe the 2013 National meet...or sooner!!
A vision without action is a dillusion

The Snowmobile: 2017 Ford Everest Trend with heaps of fruit
The Snowcave: 2023 Austrack Tanami X13
2008 Cub Supamatic XTD

Offline cm4x4nut

• Kimberly Kamper
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 04:36:22 PM »
Hard luck JT

Good luck to you and your familly through this and good luck to all the guys you had working for you  :cheers:
Cheers, Craig

Offline Wandering Tassie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 04:51:28 PM »
Very sad to hear this news John. Keep your chin up and hope all works out for the best.

Trevor

Offline JethroT

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 05:06:08 PM »
All the best John.

Hope things get better for you in the future.

Regards
Regards, Geoff and Michele

Offline Brett B

• Hard Top Camper User
  • just cruzin
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 05:06:29 PM »
1 Life mate enjoy it will you can
You have spent 10 years busten your balls so others can enjoy
Now its your turn :cup:
Chin up
Im still not going to have a drinking comp with you
 :cheers:
Brett B
97 80 series and home made ct

Offline maverick01

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 05:08:03 PM »
What a terrible thing to happen to such a great company.

I have heard so many great stories from people who have purchased Trackabout campers and things such as excellent service but unfortunately many companies dont have great service anymore.
The reason many companies are going bust is mainly due to all the chinese rubbish that is out on the market which is tearing australia apart.

Good luck with the future mate and hope to see you out on the tracks somewhere soon.
If you never go, you'll never know

Offline Dreama

• Tent User
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »
All the best John.

Hope things get better for you in the future.

Regards

It is in my blood to modify

Offline wholehog

• "Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 05:24:20 PM »
The reason many companies are going bust is mainly due to all the chinese rubbish that is out on the market which is tearing australia apart.
Aint that the truth..Its not limited to just the camper trailer market though....thats the scary thing >:(

Offline Sixtys Guy

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »
Hi John, I'm really sorry to hear your news. I also am a small business owner and I unfortunately understand the immense pressure that comes with it. I haven't met you, but I did speak to you via pm on this forum and I remember telling you that we were also considering one of your (Australian made) competitors. Your reply was that your opposition also produced a high quality product which I found extremely refreshing. I wish you all the best in the future.
2009 Dual Cab Hilux
2009 Southern Cross Canvas Bush Mate

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »
Sorry everyone,  :-[  >:( but while I sympathise with JT and wish him all the best, this post is fast proving the fault lies in people wanting everything cheap.

Come on. Get real. If we keep buying from overseas we'll go broke.
It doesn't take an economics grad to work out if you keep buying from someone else and not selling you'll soon run out of money.
This is only accelarated when you appoint a numpty leader who goes on spending sprees with other peoples money.
How much money are we spending on overseas aid when our own back yard is goingbroke???

Stop buying things cos they're cheap.............
Support Australia, buy Australian, employ Australian, use Australian.
Yes I know easy said, hard to do. I'm guilty. Very guilty in fact, but realistic.
The products (solar panels) I buy for work are all imported. I accept this flaw, but have to be realistic. I use an Australian owned imported, pay Aussies to work, and offset it by travelling locally, spending money on local economy and buying Australian wherever I can.
I buy a lot off evilbay, but choose Aus sellers wherever I can.
Albeit a little bit, I believe I'm trying. I have an Aldi up the road where I can buy stuff cheaper, but my local Franklins gets its produce and meat locally, so I support them.

Go on go buy something Aussie, you'll feel better.

Confession - I'm a migrant, but I came here to work, got a job, married a local, took the oath and live the life. God love this country......

Best wishes JT,

Brian
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!