Author Topic: Trackabout In Administration (not receivership)- Rumour????  (Read 40878 times)

Cam and Deb

Re: Trackabout In Receivership - Rumour????
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 05:48:23 PM »
Hey JT chin up old mate, you can hold your head high knowing you and your team have produced one the best ct in Australia.

Great ct and great service real down to earth bloke hope to catch you and your family some day cause your always welcome around my camp fire.

And it's a great feeling to have one of your trackabouts in my shed.

Thanks JT

:cheers:

Cam and Deb

Offline qlddsl

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 05:50:16 PM »
Look after yourself JT, get out and enjoy this great country. Sorry about the business (you and many others) but nothing is worth you health and family.  All
The best, Wayne
if i dont need 4wd, i ain't going!!!

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 07:01:39 PM »
That is such a shame.  Wish you all the best for the future.

I know that in our research for CT's we will ONLY be buying one of the Aust made model.

I noticed that in the ExplorOz thread that someone else was alluding that Lifestyle were possibly heading the same way.

I've emailed them for comment on this...and to jump on it if it is not correct....you don't want that to be alluded to if it is incorrect.
Especially since Lifestyle is still at the top of our "to buy" list!!

1st up...sorry to hear the bad news JT...and good luck for the future....

2nd...after having a Lifestyle on order, I read the thread on Explor Oz and couldn't find any reference to them at all...only a post from their marketing manager stating 2012 will be a year of expansion   ????
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 07:06:06 PM »
...after having a Lifestyle on order, I read the thread on Explor Oz and couldn't find any reference to them at all...only a post from their marketing manager stating 2012 will be a year of expansion   ????

I thought the post from the Lifestyle guy was pretty poor form...
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline nick 08

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 07:18:57 PM »

X2
Im proud to have a trackabout and having meet and camped with JT he is one of the nicest blokes one would meet and loves a beer :cheers:
Good luck in the future JT hope it all goes better from here on in.
08 Triton GLX R with all the gear
Trackabout Deluxe tourer camper

Offline Camping Grant

• The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Such Is Life
    • Grant & Kerryn's Camping Adventures
Trackabout In Voluntary Administration
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 07:41:16 PM »
JT - All the very best for the future mate...

Cheers
Grant

Offline maverick01

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 07:43:06 PM »
Sorry to jump off topic but we recently bought a new lifestyle and we were told on numerous times by the management that they will be moving to a bigger building setup so just to let everyone know that they are NOT going down the gurgler
If you never go, you'll never know

Offline Campa

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 07:43:47 PM »

x2

Isnt Lifestyle Campers a member on this forum?

Offline Fun Police

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 07:52:15 PM »

I disagree with that.  He was responding to TheMightyMoose's comment that kind of implied that Lifestyle were also heading the same way.

I'd also rather see Trackabout's potential customers go to Lifestyle, Camel, whoever, that produce Australian made CT's rather than to the Chinese importers.

I started looking at the Chinese imports today (friend of mine bought one) but there is no way I'll even remotely consider that now.
You can't spell 'funeral' without 'fun', nor 'manslaughter' without 'laughter'

Offline singo-26

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Gone bush permanently!
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2012, 07:53:50 PM »
JT, Sorry to hear about the position you find yourself in both professionally and personally. You can hold your head high knowing your product is doing exactly as designed, and providing a lifestyle and memories for your customers.    :cheers:

Peoples, Have a think back 12 months ago to the story of the unbreakable trackabout, In my opinion that looks even more generous now.    :cup: :cup:
Steve

2001 HZJ105 and a custom rearfold softfloor.

Offline luxabout

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 07:54:45 PM »
Wow - I just can't believe what I'm reading!

We bought a trackabout because of the great campers that JT builds, and were pretty happy knowing that there were local staff being employed there. I was most impressed by the top shed where the canvas work is done - there were quite a few people working in there and I felt pretty good knowing that it wasn't an imported top, and that I could go back anytime to get repairs or extra bits made.

We love ours to bits mate - one of the best decisions we've ever made. Thanks for selling us such an excellent product! :)

We are sorry to hear of the circumstances John and hope that you and Raewyn can enjoy some great times together and hope you'll still be joining the crew at Sandy Creek in a few weeks :)

Take care,
Bryan

Offline 4runnernomore

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2012, 07:58:53 PM »
JT,

Very sorry to here about your situation.

Here is hoping everything comes through for you personally and proffesionally.

Any body looking a t a sea change for a highly regarded camper trailer business??

Regards Chris

Offline Teabag

• The bush is my playground......
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Better to be looking at it than looking for it"
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 08:03:04 PM »
Please, let's keep this on track and not get into a wee wee contest. This has nothing to do with any other camper trailer manufacturer. Be warned...... :police:

All the best for the future JT, you are a true champion who is widely respected within the Camper Trailer world and a true Champion of a bloke also. I tip my hat to you and the offer I made via PM stands without reservation. :cheers:
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with many goodies. Currently no camper but have had a Customline Camper, Kimberly Kamper and Jayco Hawk....Tenting and Swagging it now..

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 08:04:32 PM »
John

I bought my first camper from you in 2003 and thus began Cairns Camper Hire. Over the years we have worked together with feedback from clients that took Trackabouts to the Cape. The best testing ground in Australia. I have watched the designs change over the years and with the feedback was proud to help in a small way see Trackabout establish it self as a leader in quality and reliability over the years.

I was even honored to be able to sell them and confident I was selling the best camper on the market due to the testing grounds of Cape York.

John , thank you for the mateship and friendship over the years and I wish you all the best in the future. I have a spot I can fit you in on this years Cape trip if you are available.

Regretfully this is just the beginning as I can see this continuing as price does not affect only johns business but other camper manufacturers. The goal posts have changed and as much as I would like to see everyone buy an Australian built camper , price is the big factor in our everyday decisions and will always be. We all would love to buy Australian products but this is not to be. Do not criticise those who cannot spend the big dollars, as you know they would like to, but if spending half the price to get out and explore this great country then We must accept this change, whether we like it or not!!!

I will always wear the Trackabout shirt with pride. All the best mate.

Mark
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:19:47 PM by McGirr »
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Isuzumu

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Isuzu MU
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 08:06:08 PM »
People on this site only know the half of what JT has actually done for you all. I remember reading last year about the guy from the floods with a Trackabout camper which was picked up in the floods and carried down stream a couple of Km. He rang JT to see if he could fix it for him and he said sure but at no cost. Not only did he fix it but it was as good as new, well it was actually a brand new one that he gave him back . JT has been though some crap times and his heart is in the right place. I just wish him all the best with whatever he chooses to do in life now. Thank you for all you have done up till now.

I remember that as well, JT did an unreal thing there. And JT if you can make it to Sandy Ck and spend some time with old friends and new ones I am sure it will be good stress relief. Take can 
Cheers Bruce
2012 Isuzu D.Max
1994 Isuzu Mu
2011 Jayco 17.55 Outback with Cruisemaster Independent Air Suspension
Off road trailer full of camping gear.

HF Radio Club  Sel Call 1955

Offline Hefty

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2012, 08:09:36 PM »
Hey, just to clarify the section you quoted: While I agree with the sentiment that JT has done his utmost and bent over backwards to help his customers and I'm very sorry to hear this news, the section you quoted was not written by me (see edits above) I can't delete the quote now so I just wanted to be transparent about the mix up.

Cheers!
Jono.
"Roads?!...Where we're going we don't need roads!"

Offline Fun Police

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2012, 08:24:23 PM »
That's good to see.  What happened? Malicious flatmate??  I thought it was the ultimate troll post though!!
You can't spell 'funeral' without 'fun', nor 'manslaughter' without 'laughter'

Offline barnray

• "The Road to my Horizon"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • The Start Of My Trailer
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 08:26:37 PM »
John Have a rest mate you have earn't it.Nobody can tarnish your reputation. You have done well. Barnray

Offline FZJ

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 08:31:09 PM »
Thats not good to here, hitch the camper on the cruiser and get out there.Good luck .

Very easy to see how a post on another forum can be misunderstood perhaps and read in a different way. I read the exploreoz post as a guy asking what other choices he had for good campers in QLD and the reply meant that lifestyle were "down that way" as in... sth east qld.
Maybe im wrong.....
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:46:44 PM by pedeosar »
I dont mind going to work, its the 8 hours  i have to wait to go home again that annoys me.

Camel bushman....

Offline Hefty

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 08:37:19 PM »
That's good to see.  What happened? Malicious flatmate??  I thought it was the ultimate troll post though!!
No, I logged in to the site from a friend's computer a while back to check a thread when a bunch of our friends were around there for dinner. I forgot that 'log me in "for keeps" ' is the default setting.
So, when he heard the news (and he has good reason to feel strongly about Trackabout) he jumped straight on and posted.
I was actually alerted to it by another friend from that group who is a member and could tell that that's not how I write, nor how I sign off my posts.

Cheers!
Jono.
"Roads?!...Where we're going we don't need roads!"

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 08:42:16 PM »
Thats just real bad news!! ???

All the best Johnny to you and yours from here on in!!

Like others have said, you can certainly hold your head high. :cup:
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 08:48:37 PM »
Well done for helping people enjoy the great outdoors for the past 10 years John, now it's your time to enjoy life and best wishes for whatever the future brings you.

Cheers bubba

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline discoteddy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If in doubt, grab a handful of 2nd gear.
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 09:18:14 PM »
JT,

Sorry to hear the news, this is a wake up call on a number of levels. Your were lucky enough to manufacture and create, not import, a product that Australians were proud to call theirs. It not every day a brand name and surname become one.

My family and I would like to thank you for your efforts in creating and building our Trackabout Safari, some of our happiest times have been had in and around her, she has quickly become our third born child! I for one am proud to own her. Thanks for that.

I'm sure you have a special model kept just for you, get out there and enjoy and I'm confident when I say, if you ever see a family in a Trackabout at one of our countries many  wonderfull campsites please pop over, the drinks are on us.

Cheers,

Disco Teddy
2015 Goldstream Storm lifted with Vehicle Components best!, 2021 Enter the D Max.

Offline jk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 09:33:57 PM »
Any time your close to our place mate please be sure to stop in for a beer or two and a chat  :cheers:

We also had 4 of John's Trackabout campers in our hire business about 8 years ago, NEVER had one break, and the advice given to us by John was honest and sound, That's how I first met "THE MAN" that was and will always by Trackabout.

Hope you look at this as a change of lifestyle mate and we see more of you around the camp fire.

All the best
John & Julie K
2004 V8 5 speed IFS landcruiser with "ATS"

2005 Cape York Explorer Extreme with "ATS"

2012 Crusader X Country

McGirr is my Russell Coight and I'd follow him "Almost" anywhere !!!!!!

Offline Brett

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • MySwag.org - The Off-road Camper Trailer forum
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 09:53:17 PM »
JT,

Jill and My thoughts are with You and Raewyn. This would not have been an easy choice to make. If you need anything just call, even if it's just to vent.

JT has been with Myswag.org from almost day one and has been our biggest contributed from a Camper Trailer Manufacture. I have had the pleasure of using a Trackabout for my Cape York trip in 2010, it's strength and quality shined through as we took the hard way every time. This is a huge loss for the Camper Trailer Industry and our Myswag.org Community.

Once this is all over JT I hope you stay with us here.
Cheers
Brett