Author Topic: The WORST JOB I have ever had  (Read 19883 times)

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
The WORST JOB I have ever had
« on: December 03, 2010, 02:06:40 AM »
The worst job I have ever had was in a chocolate factory when I was a young bloke . I had to climb in to the huge mixing machines to hose it out with hot water . then wash all the surfaces in & out to clean it for the next batch . Later looking in the mixer to see 2000kg of liquid milk choclate going around & around . Smelt good looked like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!. It was always funny to get on the bus to go home as everybody could smell the chocolate .
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline schmik

• Tent User
Re: The WORST JOB I have ever had
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 07:24:03 AM »
hahaha.... mine was food related too.
It wasn't the worst job i had but parts of it were.

I was a waiter in Thai Restaurant. I was hired because someone had to have good english.

The amount of people that came in and acted in a very racially degrading manner was awful. I hated it. $15 buys you a curry, not the right to poke fun at someone.

I can't believe how times i slipped back then and people wore their food!   ;)

mike

Offline darren

• Hard Top Camper User
  • "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius"
    • CampingAustralia.org
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 08:06:25 AM »
hahaha.... mine was food related too.
It wasn't the worst job i had but parts of it were.

I was a waiter in Thai Restaurant. I was hired because someone had to have good english.

The amount of people that came in and acted in a very racially degrading manner was awful. I hated it. $15 buys you a curry, not the right to poke fun at someone.

I can't believe how times i slipped back then and people wore their food!   ;)

mike

I can understand how dumb people are. I would never put sh*t on somone that is preparing my food. Just as i would never send food back that was crap. I just dont pay. I know what i would do to the food, and i figure if i assume everybody thinks like me i will be safe
Living the Dream.

Offline medion

• Tent User
    • My Camper Buildup
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 08:16:01 AM »
The worst part about my job is similar as above.

We have many people ring us (I work in a insurance call centre) and it bugs me when they get cranky with us because I don't understand there language.

Sorry, but we are in Australia, and the language we speak is English. It isn't rocket science.... if you live in Australia learn the language.

(BTW. I am not racest, I reckon the more the merrier. But I can't see how someone can start a business in Australia and not know how to speak english)

Rant over. :)
Dion
Jackaroo SWB
Oztrail Camper 7 buildup

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 08:54:19 AM »
My worst job, was working at Stewart and Lloyds(Tubemakers) on a pipe threading machine screwing sockets onto the freshly threaded pipe >:D boy those machines are loud!!!

Baz.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:46:49 AM by Redback »
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline toad

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 09:07:58 AM »
My worst job, was working at Stewart and Lloyds(Tubemakers) on a pipe threading machine screwing sockets onto the freshly threaded pipe >:D boy those machine are load!!!
Baz.
My Dad did the same job at S&L in Newcastle. He couldn't wait to get out of there!
cheers
Gary
2009 Cruiser 200 TTD
2007 Navara D40 2.5TD - wife's shopping trolley
2014 AOR Quantum

Offline blackstump

• ''LIFES TO SHORT TO BE SMALL''
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »
Worst job I ever had was a real $hit off a job

taking portable dunnies to job sites, cleaning them, and emptying them

Man some of the things people do in dunnies is scary...especialy when they run out of paper   ???

IS THERE A PROBLEM OFFICER

Offline Redback

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 09:50:52 AM »
My Dad did the same job at S&L in Newcastle. He couldn't wait to get out of there!

Wow, small world, 1971/72 I worked there, just out of school (Belmont High)started as a delivery boy on a 3 wheeled bike with a big box on the front, delivering parts around the factories, then a tally clerk in dispatch next to the pipe threading section.

Baz.
Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 TDV6
1990 Perentie FFR  
Lightweight Camper.
1973 Kawasaki H2a 750 
1979 BMW R80/7
1983 BMW R100RT ex Police
2006 BMW R1200GS
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fool

Offline LJs GU

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • My Camel has 3 little humps...
    • The Jackson 5 On Tour
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 09:57:43 AM »
Worst job I ever had was a real $hit off a job

taking portable dunnies to job sites, cleaning them, and emptying them

Man some of the things people do in dunnies is scary...especialy when they run out of paper   ???

And I shall call him... KENNY!!!!
I'm not so good with advice... can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Offline Alloy C/T

• Tent User
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 10:09:29 AM »
Years ago before the Cairns waterfront became fashionable the local meatworks [long gone] had Tallow tanks near the then "Barbary Coast" , these tanks were like the large fuel tanks that you see round refineries , they had a manhole near the bottom and on the inside  a network of pipes 12inches above the floor to keep the tallow heated for pumping out ,  you could never totally pump out the last 4 inches of the stuff , tanks needed to be totally emptied  , a three man team , strip down to the jocks , into the manhole and scoop up the tallow into buckets to pass outside , slipery as, stinking to high heaven , hotter than hell [ Cairns in January ] we could only stay inside for 10min at a time , get out and jump off the wharf to cool down and then back in ,, that was the worst job ever !!

Offline Cozzie

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • Jets
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 10:25:04 AM »
Wow, small world, 1971/72 I worked there, just out of school (Belmont High)started as a delivery boy on a 3 wheeled bike with a big box on the front, delivering parts around the factories, then a tally clerk in dispatch next to the pipe threading section.

Baz.

Gee it's a real small world, I worked there about 1968 for one week then wagged work for another 2 weeks and went surfing till the old man caught me, luckily by then S&L wouldn't take me back ;D
2008 Holden Colorado - 2012 19.61-2 OB Jayco Starcraft

Offline Ben...

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Breath In - Breath Out.
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 10:37:35 AM »
Years ago before the Cairns waterfront became fashionable the local meatworks [long gone] had Tallow tanks near the then "Barbary Coast" , these tanks were like the large fuel tanks that you see round refineries , they had a manhole near the bottom and on the inside  a network of pipes 12inches above the floor to keep the tallow heated for pumping out ,  you could never totally pump out the last 4 inches of the stuff , tanks needed to be totally emptied  , a three man team , strip down to the jocks , into the manhole and scoop up the tallow into buckets to pass outside , slipery as, stinking to high heaven , hotter than hell [ Cairns in January ] we could only stay inside for 10min at a time , get out and jump off the wharf to cool down and then back in ,, that was the worst job ever !!

OK you win.
Mazda BT50 GT
Lifestyle 360

Offline LJs GU

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • My Camel has 3 little humps...
    • The Jackson 5 On Tour
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 10:42:45 AM »
... by a very long margin.  ;)
LJ
I'm not so good with advice... can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Offline toad

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 02:41:04 PM »
Gee it's a real small world, I worked there about 1968 for one week then wagged work for another 2 weeks and went surfing till the old man caught me, luckily by then S&L wouldn't take me back ;D
While Dad worked at S&L Waratah, I got a job in the uni holidays at BHP steelworks. One job was to cart a 25kg grease tin and air powered grease gun up ladders, gantries,  etc to grease the coveyor belt rollers while hot sinter was running through. Earlier when I thought I wanted to be a cadet metallurgist, during a general strike we cadets had to shovel coal down into the coke ovens. The hot gases made one quite 'sleepy', lucky to be alive.
 I bailed out of BHP after a second year cadet got burned alive in the BOS plant.
Apparently, Newc (Newie, Novocastria) is a great place these days.
cheers
Gary
2009 Cruiser 200 TTD
2007 Navara D40 2.5TD - wife's shopping trolley
2014 AOR Quantum

Offline Matto

• Don't Follow Me - I Won't Make It
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 03:05:03 PM »
...hotter than hell [ Cairns in January ] we could only stay inside for 10min at a time , get out and jump off the wharf to cool down and then back in ,, that was the worst job ever !!
You know it's a bad job when during their "relax/cool down" time, the blokes jump off the pier into the mud with the crocodiles. Count me out.

I've led a very sheltered life, and for that I am immensely thankful.

Thanks!
Matto :)
"I have a bunch of junk that is not any better than yours." - MoGas - ExPo member #226.

Offline Gunna Do

• "To Infinity and Beyond"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 03:35:02 PM »
When I was still at school (I know a long time ago), I had a casual job working at a Coles supermarket.  One Saturday morning one of their freezers had failed and they had lost a large amount of frozen chickens.  All these chickens had been thrown into one industrial bin, however this made the bin too heavy, and I scored the job of having to climb into the bin and shovel half the now slightly decomposing chooks into another bin.

Been shovelling Shit ever since.  ;D

Offline Bushman

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Apprentice Grey Nomad"
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 03:44:17 PM »
The one I have now Its only taken me the last 20 yrs to figure it gives me the......!
09 Pajero NT  RX Limited  (SOLD)
2010 Jayco Expanda Outback  (SOLD)
2019 Trailblazer LTZ (SOLD)
2014 Golden Eagle Escape (SOLD)
2021 Pajero Sport GLX
2020 Vacationer Roadtracker.

R.I.P "MILO"  The Border Collie 2008-2018
Forever in our hearts 🐾🐾

Offline Gunna Do

• "To Infinity and Beyond"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 04:02:57 PM »
Bushman, your current job may give you the ........!, but it's also given you a brand new Pajero and many new Jaycos.

My current job may not be that perfect, but it enables me to do what I like doing.  Plenty of travel.

Offline Bushman

• Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "Apprentice Grey Nomad"
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 04:22:59 PM »
Bushman, your current job may give you the ........!, but it's also given you a brand new Pajero and many new Jaycos.

Nah didn't actually, they came about by other means. but it does keep them both rolling  :laugh:

But i get your point.
09 Pajero NT  RX Limited  (SOLD)
2010 Jayco Expanda Outback  (SOLD)
2019 Trailblazer LTZ (SOLD)
2014 Golden Eagle Escape (SOLD)
2021 Pajero Sport GLX
2020 Vacationer Roadtracker.

R.I.P "MILO"  The Border Collie 2008-2018
Forever in our hearts 🐾🐾

Offline JayD

• Swag User
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 04:35:29 PM »
I worked as an engineer at a major airline a few years back (they aren't here any more) and allthough it was generally a good job, when you got the job of overhauling the aircraft Poo tanks, it was a sh1t job.  Removal of the pumps,cleaning out the dangly bits, all from through a mall hole in the top...Hmm, great memories!!

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 04:37:58 PM »
I had a mate that had a job in the snap freezer . Peas were shelled then blown into the snap freezer , it was his job to scrap the frozen peas off the walls  as they collected . Outside 30C inside minus 10C . Sounds like fun ,  NOT > :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 05:04:44 PM »
Hi,
  at the back of the RAAF base in Butterworth (1960s) was a local 'night soil' repository.
Our health inspectors were a bit concerned about some of the 'practices' and wanted photographs to back their reports - thus my involvement.
The lorries arrived with cans full of stuff stacked up high on the back, these were emptied into pits (by hand) and then the bins were washed (by hand) over near a fire hydrant style water source.
Once a truck was emptied and the cans washed, the local laundry would get back to their dohby as if nothing had occurred.

Any how my (nearly) worst job experience happened when sighting up a photograph of the truck stuff going into the trench, I stepped back onto what I thought was solid ground to get a bit wider angle.
The ground was wobbly, and felt like I was walking on the skin of a big custard - Yep! I was on top of a recently filled trench.

Immediate steps were taken - and they were very long ones, and  fortunately traction was maintained or I would have been in it up to my neck.

So that was (nearly) the worst job.

cheers

Offline Jon

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Bringing rain to every campsite
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 05:54:54 PM »
My worst job, was working at Stewart and Lloyds(Tubemakers) on a pipe threading machine screwing sockets onto the freshly threaded pipe >:D boy those machines are loud!!!

Baz.

Somewhat OT but there is a campground in Myall Lakes NP called Stewart and Lloyds.
Mmmmmm, someone call the Accc.

Back to the thread...
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 09:41:06 PM »
CLIVE:
The worst job I ever had was with Jayne Mansfield. You know, she was a fantastic bird, you know .....
DEREK:
Yeah, yeah.
CLIVE:
..... big bits, huge bum, and everything like that, but I had the terrible job of retrieving lobsters from her bum.
DEREK:
Really? Bloody hell, that must have been a task.
CLIVE:
Well, it was quite a task 'cause she had a big bum .....
DEREK:
Well, I remember.
CLIVE:
..... and they were big lobsters.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Symon

• Big sparks r us
  • Electrimagician
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • www.phased.com.au
    • Web Server in a Box Project
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »
Unclogging a level probe from a turd tank at a sewerage treatment plant.

Opened my eyes to some of the things that people flush down toilets, rather not see that again.
Do not PM me for technical advice - start a thread.
HDJ79 Ute - 100 Series Sahara - 2002 Kimberley Kamper - No ATS yet - Survivor of 5 McGirr trips-Cape 09,11,12,14 & Gulf 13