Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 302889 times)

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #900 on: July 06, 2020, 02:38:54 PM »
Increased testing will probably give more positives...
Its going to get worse before it gets better..

Yep it will.  Needs doing and needs to be enforceable, no declining or refusing.   127 case yesterday.   Hard lockdowns and sounds like more to come.   

Not good at all.   

Stay safe
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #901 on: July 06, 2020, 04:20:52 PM »
Just got back from the bank at the shopping center. Guy in front of me gets to the counter. I hear the teller ask him if he's come out of a lockdown area. He smiles and mumbles something in bad english pointing to stuff he had in his hands and waving them around. Teller goes off at him saying he can't come out of a lockdown area, certainly not to do what he's doing now. He smiles, mumbles, points waves his hands then walks out and off into the shopping center. He did know what he was doing. I looked around to see if any cops around, couldn't see one. Closest lockdown area would be at least 10klms away. How many more are doing the same thing?

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #902 on: July 06, 2020, 04:53:07 PM »
NSW will close the borders to Victorians and gives us a couple of days notice. Why give us that much time? 

Why not come out and say midnight tonight, that's it. Basically enough notice that if you are on the road you can get there, but not enough to do a mad dash.

At least when they locked down the apartment towers in Melbourne it was immediate.

2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #903 on: July 06, 2020, 06:17:31 PM »
NSW will close the borders to Victorians and gives us a couple of days notice. Why give us that much time? 

Why not come out and say midnight tonight, that's it. Basically enough notice that if you are on the road you can get there, but not enough to do a mad dash.

At least when they locked down the apartment towers in Melbourne it was immediate.

Maybe the apartment residents don’t need a permit system as they can’t leave so an immediate lockdown could happen.
I would say the NSW govt needed to get their stuff sorted to have a permit in place before lockdown..

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #904 on: July 06, 2020, 07:18:02 PM »
Watching the news, right now, how many residents in the locked down apartments In Vic are not current/first generation migrants or refugees. They are starving to death because the donated food does not meet their cultural needs ??? As Pauline said earlier this week, why are you here if you are not willing to conform to the local lifestyle or integrate into the Australian community. Transferring your culture from where you have come from to our community is not the way to avoid the issues you have ‘escaped’ from. You have merely changed the continent you live on.
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2018 21’6” On The Move TRAXX Series 2

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #905 on: July 06, 2020, 07:29:01 PM »
Watching the news, right now, how many residents in the locked down apartments In Vic are not current/first generation migrants or refugees. They are starving to death because the donated food does not meet their cultural needs ??? As Pauline said earlier this week, why are you here if you are not willing to conform to the local lifestyle or integrate into the Australian community. Transferring your culture from where you have come from to our community is not the way to avoid the issues you have ‘escaped’ from. You have merely changed the continent you live on.

I agree. But the idea that they can't eat our "normal" food doesn't hold weight though.....look at them on a weekend at maccas !!  If they can throw that rubbish down their throats, they can't complain about too much !!

Plenty of them are complaining about being locked down, but a lot are too dumb to realize it might just save their life..
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra
The following users thanked this post: rags

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #906 on: July 06, 2020, 08:42:16 PM »
It seems strange that after 24 hrs they were complaining about the lack of supplies and food.
All their fridges and pantries must have been empty when lockdown started.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #907 on: July 06, 2020, 09:06:18 PM »
Plenty of them are complaining about being locked down, but a lot are too dumb to realize it might just save their life..

Curiously, this attitude isn’t confined to the people in those apartments, or their demographic. There seems to be a lot of the more financially secure in greater Melbourne who are in the same boat intellectually. Rich through others endeavours, dumb as dogsh1t when it comes to life and survival.
2019 LC78 (troopy)

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #908 on: July 07, 2020, 12:44:58 AM »
I’ll go and drop 4 cold sausage rolls on Pauline’s door step tonight like “donated food drop” that I saw on the news.
Would love to see her slamming those salmonella sticks down for dinner on sky news tomorrow..... ::)

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #909 on: July 07, 2020, 06:26:36 AM »
why are you here if you are not willing to conform to the local lifestyle or integrate into the Australian community. Transferring your culture from where you have come from to our community is not the way to avoid the issues you have ‘escaped’ from. You have merely changed the continent you live on.

Like the English did 200 odd years ago  >:D  >:D  >:D
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #910 on: July 07, 2020, 06:46:49 AM »
Like the English did 200 odd years ago  >:D  >:D  >:D

They weren't exactly greeted with open arms 200yrs ago.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #911 on: July 07, 2020, 10:02:49 AM »
You think that we've got problems.

Phoenix Arizona has a 28.8% positive testing rate. The Mayor asked the WH Administration for more help with testing.
The Administration told her that not only wouldn't supply her with more swabs etc. but they would also be closing the testing stations that they had set up.

Remember Trump's mantra:-  The more testing you do - the more positives you find.
So the WH is closing down testing stations.
Sheer genius.

-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #912 on: July 07, 2020, 11:03:28 AM »
I agree. But the idea that they can't eat our "normal" food doesn't hold weight though.....look at them on a weekend at maccas !!  If they can throw that rubbish down their throats, they can't complain about too much !!
I know a couple of the north western Suburbs Macca's are halal..

As to their cultural sensitivity, they should eat like the rest of us.  Pizza, pasta, Souvlaki, kebab, fried rice.....
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #913 on: July 07, 2020, 03:15:11 PM »

As to their cultural sensitivity, they should eat like the rest of us.  Pizza, pasta, Souvlaki, kebab, fried rice.....

Funny how a halal certified big mac looks exactly like a "normal" big mac !!  ;D

As for souvlaki....mate, we aussies don't eat that do we ??   ;D
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #914 on: July 07, 2020, 03:17:25 PM »

yep few yrs ago found out up around Thomastown, they dont use bacon at all, so your bacon egg mcrubber is actually just an egg muffin.. no cheaper though
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Ozsnowman

• "Missus wants an Avan"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Travelling with Shirley the van!
« Reply #917 on: July 08, 2020, 05:03:42 PM »
They are starving to death because the donated food does not meet their cultural needs ??? As Pauline said earlier this week, why are you here if you are not willing to conform to the local lifestyle or integrate into the Australian community. Transferring your culture from where you have come from to our community is not the way to avoid the issues you have ‘escaped’ from. You have merely changed the continent you live on.

Hmmm until the 80's or so, all Australia ate was meat and 3 veg for every meal - how is that not transferring the culture? Until we got serious about multiculturalism it was hard to get anything that wasn't pizza/chinese/fish & chips...
We've swapped from the camper to a van yay! :)

Offline gronk

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #918 on: July 08, 2020, 06:14:09 PM »
Until we got serious about multiculturalism it was hard to get anything that wasn't pizza/chinese/fish & chips...

What else is there ??   ;D
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #919 on: July 08, 2020, 06:54:00 PM »
how is that not transferring the culture?

Food is fine, other aspects not so much. I can eat anything at all, whether it came from ‘the old country’ or from a migrant family who turned up yesterday. If food is the only thing to be classified as a cultural, then you are correct 8).
I choose to look at the big picture which encompasses all aspects of the persons day to day behaviour. Lots (Those reported onTV, at least), whether born here from ‘recent’ arrivals or new migrants, wish to uphold their historical values, which are based on ancestors. Why come here in the first place if you want to live as your ancestors did?  I moved from NSW to QLD in 1995. It took me about three years to adapt to QLD cultural differences. I now consider myself (as I always have) an Australian, with the ability to move in the local community as a member of same. I don’t sit outside of the community bitching about the differences between each of the states I have lived in, and I certainly don’t seek out others from a specific state so I can continue living in a bubble.  ;D
2019 LC78 (troopy)

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #920 on: July 08, 2020, 07:10:46 PM »
Quote from: bmwfreak
They are starving to death because the donated food does not meet their cultural needs ???
yea i want peking duck and $200 bottles of bubbly each night too.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline NZMarkb

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #921 on: July 09, 2020, 04:41:06 AM »
Your on the money Bird
We just had some dick head sneak out of the qurenteen motel and duck down to the supermarket for an hour
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #922 on: July 09, 2020, 08:46:22 AM »
This sort of sums the situation up..  ;D ;D

Offline Comfortablynumb

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #923 on: July 09, 2020, 03:44:34 PM »
Hmmm until the 80's or so, all Australia ate was meat and 3 veg for every meal - how is that not transferring the culture? Until we got serious about multiculturalism it was hard to get anything that wasn't pizza/chinese/fish & chips...

Back in the day, the Old Man point blank refused to eat anything with onion in it.

It was declared "bloody wog food" and was strictly banned from the house. "Wogs" were the cause of all things bad in Australia back then. Apparently.

My mother used to berate us kids to not play with those 'filthy, dumb wogs" for fear we would catch something (stupidity, perhaps).

The Old Man was such a shocking racist he even berated the poor folk from Darwin in 1974 who fled south for "taking South Australians jobs". "People ought to stay where they are born and just die there" he would state.

I  think he taught Pauline everything she knows.......

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #924 on: July 09, 2020, 04:00:50 PM »
more testing more results....  but you have to start to wonder.

Victoria has recorded 165 new coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours with 18 new cases in the public housing towers under lockdown and several hospitals. Six aged care facilities have also been placed into lockdown.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 04:02:48 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home