Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 4944 times)

Offline SantaFe Express

• Learning the Ropes
Hello All
« on: January 30, 2020, 05:04:44 PM »
Hi
this is my second post... I made the first elsewhere then thought...better be courteous and introduce myself!
I'm past "3 score and ten" and have lived to see my children's children!  Oh! yes, and as my good mate's elderly Dad says "my forgettery is about equal to my memory!"

FINALLY! I may have some time to go bush as I used to years (decades) ago in the high country of Victoria and later in the Snowy Mountains...I still have the "Roman" H frame canvas backpack ???  and camping paraphernalia in good nick in abundance

My "tug" is a late model 8sp auto diesel Santa Fe. I have a reasonably rare lightweight  Oasis roof top tent (as yet unused!) which will sit nicely on my lightweight (folding) box trailer...too old to climb ladders in the night ;D

I have no space to store a serious camper trailer  though I'm not averse to hiring one for a special trip...there's lots of sealed roads and good surface dirt ones yet to be explored.

I am impressed with the tone and courtesy of what I've seen of this forum...congratulations!! It's a pleasure to read  the many helpful and clever ideas. I look forward to continuing my "research"! ;D

Mick
The following users thanked this post: GBC

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 05:21:38 PM »

I am impressed with the tone and courtesy of what I've seen of this forum...congratulations!! It's a pleasure to read  the many helpful and clever ideas. I look forward to continuing my "research"! ;D

Mick

Obviously haven't discovered the electrical section yet then  >:D

Jokes aside, welcome to the mens shed. There are a few on here that will admire a simple and lightweight set-up like yours  :laugh:
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.
The following users thanked this post: SantaFe Express

Offline GGV8Cruza

• The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better. VK3GJG
Re: Hello All
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 09:17:25 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Mick, thanks for the intro and join into the banter

GG
The following users thanked this post: SantaFe Express

Offline Rob C