Author Topic: ModCon C3 Hybrid Caravan  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Studogg

• Learning the Ropes
Re: ModCon C3 Hybrid Caravan
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2019, 10:35:07 PM »
This is exactly the sort of thing I am looking for. Have owned a soft floor camper for 11 years. We want to upgrade to a hybrid caravan that basically needs no setting up. Goes off road but on easy tracks. Not after Toyota Tuff. Inside only want queen bed, two bunks for kids and some storage. No inside kitchen at all. Just want to sleep inside. Want an outside kitchen and a pantry sort of thing built into the side. I had done up my own drawing and it was very similar to the modcon camper. Was thinking of building one but for the price of this thing I wouldn't bother.

The only thing I am unsure of on this thing is the annex. We like having a bigger under cover outside area. We cut the annex off our camper and setup a 6m x 6m tarp over it. I have been thinking of solutions for mounting a bigger annex to a hybrid caravan type thing. Once again this comes back to ease of setup verses how big it can be. It will be a little while before we can afford one but I will keep watching with interest.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 07:58:58 AM »
Eazy enough to do extensions onto an awning track for longer / wider awnings ..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 08:14:25 AM »
This is exactly the sort of thing I am looking for. Have owned a soft floor camper for 11 years. We want to upgrade to a hybrid caravan that basically needs no setting up. Goes off road but on easy tracks. Not after Toyota Tuff. Inside only want queen bed, two bunks for kids and some storage. No inside kitchen at all. Just want to sleep inside. Want an outside kitchen and a pantry sort of thing built into the side. I had done up my own drawing and it was very similar to the modcon camper. Was thinking of building one but for the price of this thing I wouldn't bother.

The only thing I am unsure of on this thing is the annex. We like having a bigger under cover outside area. We cut the annex off our camper and setup a 6m x 6m tarp over it. I have been thinking of solutions for mounting a bigger annex to a hybrid caravan type thing. Once again this comes back to ease of setup verses how big it can be. It will be a little while before we can afford one but I will keep watching with interest.

we are in exactly the same position...

don't want to cook inside... just a bed, bunks and storage...

we have started really getting to like using our 3m gazebo for extra space next to our soft floor awning and i reckon we would use it with a new camper as well...

flexible, easy to carry and set up...

Offline 2010banditsa

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Cheers- It's 12 O'clock somewhere
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 09:35:59 AM »

we have started really getting to like using our 3m gazebo for extra space next to our soft floor awning
flexible, easy to carry and set up...

Plus they seem to hold up really well in reasonable wind from what ive seen
Isuzu MUX
2013 Goldstream 16' poptop with bunks
Van- http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=31445

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 10:09:40 AM »
Plus they seem to hold up really well in reasonable wind from what ive seen

we have an alloy outdoor connection 3m gazebo and it's been great in wind...

i just made up some stronger tie down ropes with decent pegs and it's good to go...

Online macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2019, 11:57:06 AM »
I'm the same, have a 3 metre Oztrail Deluxe and have made heavy ropes that tie to the frame and hold them in the ground with four of BrettB's pegs, holds up in all sorts of wind even with the walls on it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk