Author Topic: State of Origin...2016  (Read 35680 times)

Offline Shaun99

• Tent User
Re: 1st. State of Origin...2016
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2016, 10:59:36 PM »
Holy Shit balls, another case of FITS tonight (Football Induced Turrets Syndrome), but the best team won in the end.

Just think if we get rid of Daley as coach, remembering there is no actual evidence that he is fact a coach, we might be in with a chance next year.

:cheers:

Offline archer63

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Live For Today
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2016, 07:49:42 AM »
Proud happy QLD supporter....but for a competition to remain healthy....it must have strong competition.

If NSW turn up to play good footy, stay disciplined, focus on trying to win....they give themselves half a chance.

But if their focus is on squaring up, grubby tactics....then they are not 100% focused on winning...any half decent coach in junior grade will say the same.

Looks like bully boy fifita didn't like getting his baby pigtail pulled....and that was all it took for him to lose focus.

Arrgghhh....will those blues never learn  ;D

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2016, 08:03:51 AM »
we're to busy laughing that they only managed to win by 4 after a 12 - 2 penalty count in their favour...lol. We won the series, it's no biggie they won game 3...to little to late for them  8)
LOL.....     WINNER...!!!!!!!!   :)   :)   :)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2016, 08:12:15 AM »
Very poor sportsmanship on the NSW players behalf walking off during Cameron Smiths post game speech I reckon, JT summed it up nicely.
Pretty funny looking at Jennings after he scored that last try, none of his team mates wanted anything to do with him and he was left standing there trying to celebrate on his own....nice "team"...lol
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:39:12 AM by Rumpig »
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Footy Shorts Shane

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2016, 08:28:45 AM »
Very poor sportsmanship on the NSW players behalf walking off during Cameron Smiths post game speech I reckon, JT summed it up nicely.
Pretty funny looking at Jennings after he scored that last try, none of his team mates wanted anything to do with him and his was left standing there trying to celebrate on his own....nice "team"...lol

How was Woods' celebrations  ;D Jennings scores, Woods does the big run in and dive onto someone's back, only no one was there, leaving Woods to face plant onto the paddock.  ;D

As for the disrespect shown by NSW at the presentation, that was nothing compared to what their own coach did. He walked out before the game finished, having conceded to Qld and didn't even see his own sides game winning try.

A team lead by example  ::)
With enough horse power, sheer ignorance and a total lack of respect for your vehicle, you'll get through....

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2016, 09:42:16 AM »
As someone who couldn't give a ..... about the game from week to week, and knows little of the rules there is 1 thing about the match I notice, and have done so for a long time.
Every time a QLD player is tackled, as he is being tackled, there is a very short committee meeting of sorts in behind to discuss what should happen next. Then, usually something different happens.
NSW?
I am happy to be proven wrong, but I never see this.
How about the conference last night when the QLD lad was sin binned between him and JT....

NSW just seem to take the same moves, a battle of attrition so to speak, WWI tack ticks. Time to move on.

I like how Laury Dally gets his coaching technique from the commentary box, glad I'm not wearing his shoes today.  ;D

I also noticed that the biased Gus even recon the penalties against QLD were unfair, must have been bad.
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2016, 09:55:43 AM »
How was Woods' celebrations  ;D Jennings scores, Woods does the big run in and dive onto someone's back, only no one was there, leaving Woods to face plant onto the paddock.  ;D

As for the disrespect shown by NSW at the presentation, that was nothing compared to what their own coach did. He walked out before the game finished, having conceded to Qld and didn't even see his own sides game winning try.

A team lead by example  ::)
just saw the Woods thing on the telly...classic...lol. Maybe NSW players are so out of touch with celebrating, they have forgotten how to do it?....lol. Times are tough when your coach wants to get down to the tunnel early to console you on your loss before the game has even ended....the game is never over hill it's over, as proven once again last night.

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2016, 10:02:24 AM »
just saw the Woods thing on the telly...classic...lol.

I've been trying to find it on the web, anyone got a link?
2013 Expanda OB

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2016, 10:22:11 AM »
With enough horse power, sheer ignorance and a total lack of respect for your vehicle, you'll get through....

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
2013 Expanda OB

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2016, 11:05:20 AM »
Looks like bully boy fifita didn't like getting his baby pigtail pulled....and that was all it took for him to lose focus.
Hey, I had long hair as a kid when I played,
Anyone, anyone that pulled it got a face full of knuckles,   8)
But apparently you can't do that theses days  >:D

Inglis, had intent.

Lets call a spade a spade here, Smith elbowed a few faces last night,  tell me what was Corey Parker(13) doing running towards the players celebrating after the last try?
He came running in from twenty away and was pushed away by a Blue's Player.
And has for Gallen walking away, I can't find the footage, Smith got in his face in the second half and said something to him.
Gallen was shocked by his comment.
There is a lot crap that goes on that the mic's & cameras don't pickup or the production team cut out.

Qld players had the Shits from the very start.
And as for Gould sticking up for qld, I haven't listen to that prick for years, he's an over paid idiot like the rest of the channel 9 presenters.

They are all grubs, it's not the game it was twenty years ago.
Just my two Bobs worth  ;D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:51:58 AM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

• Hard Top Camper User

Offline Rodt

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2016, 04:42:41 PM »
tell me what was Corey Parker(13) doing running towards the players celebrating after the last try?
He came running in from twenty away and was pushed away by a Blue's Player.
Apparently Maloney hit him in the head from behind as he was running through (after Parker had stopped chasing). I didn't see it but was told about it today (by a Blues supporter)

Rod

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
2013 Expanda OB

Offline paulo

• Tent User
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2016, 04:52:31 PM »
It looked to me that Maloney didn't hit him from behind, just give a bit of a hip and shoulder, but he seemed to pick Parker out. But as mentioned above, there's a lot of chirp going on during the games, and the Qlder's sure aren't backwards in getting in NSW's faces about anything. Or the ref's for that matter!

Offline bak79

• Sleeping Bag User
    • Kropp's Go Camping
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2016, 04:59:37 PM »
Apparently Maloney hit him in the head from behind as he was running through (after Parker had stopped chasing). I didn't see it but was told about it today (by a Blues supporter)

Rod

gave him a slap then went and hid behind Klemmer like a little *^&( .  worst part of QLD losing last night was missing out on Gal crying one last time. 
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/james-maloney-swoop-assault-on-maroons-veteran-corey-parker/news-story/81ceed1bf9a3a6f220db0df6e37916a4

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2016, 05:15:12 PM »
I didn't see the game last night I've pretty much given up on league including origin this year. Just too much BS . But I heard the lopsided penalty count ? And all I can think is about time. One thing pissed me with league was the square up count that almost evened it game after game, like yeah statiscally that's going to happen. We even had that controversy few years ago where the ref called for the square up lol. Hopefully penalties are called as they are deserved regardless.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2016, 05:25:29 PM »
Lopsided penalty count? Funny how when the refs actually police the tackles and play the ball by QLD players instead of ignoring them Queensland start to struggle. It's like Union. Whenever refs actually pinged Richie McGraw for his infringements, NZ always struggled

Penalty for off side? They were offside...fair
Warned about someone getting sent off for repeated infringements then commit a professional foul immediately after to prevent a certain try. Seems fair to me

It's not a lopsided contest. Most series end up being 2-1. Very few whitewashes. 2 games in this series separated by tiny margins? Hardly a dominanant performance.
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2016, 05:29:25 PM »
Quote from: tk421
Hardly a dominanant performance.
arent they up to 8 out of 10 series now??
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2016, 05:38:48 PM »
Pretty funny reading people's view on the game dependant on the blue or maroon tint of the glasses they are wearing whilst watching the game. If anyone thinks both teams aren't as bad as each other in the illegal play and niggle department (ie: facials in tackles, lying on them to slow play down, etc etc), they're kidding tbemself.
The following users thanked this post: Hairs

Offline paulo

• Tent User
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2016, 05:47:03 PM »
My thoughts too achjimmy. Why is it a problem that one team gives away more penalties than the other. I can never understand that the commentators/players/coaches complain that a vastly different penalty count means one side is being favoured. Can it not be that the side with the higher penalty count is just breaking the rules more often, either accidently or tactically?

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2016, 07:18:25 PM »
My thoughts too achjimmy. Why is it a problem that one team gives away more penalties than the other. I can never understand that the commentators/players/coaches complain that a vastly different penalty count means one side is being favoured. Can it not be that the side with the higher penalty count is just breaking the rules more often, either accidently or tactically?

Yep that's it Paulo. You just get zealot fans who can't see one side or the other same as politics. my team at one stage was the best offside players in the game. The refs insisted in equal counts so they won games. If the league is stupid and it is they let this Shit and other stuff go on and it destroys the game.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2016, 07:45:12 PM »
arent they up to 8 out of 10 series now??

Yes, but my point is that each series is usually won 2 games to 1 and the scores are usually pretty close. eg This series:
Game 1 - 6-4 = 2pts
Game 2 - 26 -16 = 10pts
Game 2 - 14-18 = 4pts

Yes, there is the odd game that has the exceptional but over the last 10 years QLD has averaged 19 points a game vs NSW 13pts. 6 points in it. And since the start in 1982 the average is 16 (QLD) vs 15 (NSW) points a game.

To me that's not a dominant performance. Yes QLD have been winning the series over the last decade, but they've not been 'dominating' like the commentators like to say. If they were winning 3-0 every series, or by massive margins,  I'd say that's dominant, but in the past decade only the 2009 and 2010 series were won 3-0 and the scores have usually within 10 points of each other.

Since it began it its sitting at QLD 57 to NSW 47 games won - 19 series wins (QLD) to 14 (NSW) - thats a 57% success rate.

Which is why we all tune in each year, because its usually going to be close.

“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2016, 07:57:20 PM »
52 - 6.
It don't get any closer than that. :).

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk

2013 Expanda OB

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2016, 08:14:34 PM »
Can it not be that the side with the higher penalty count is just breaking the rules more often, either accidently or tactically?

I agree most of those penalties were for offside or late flop penalties that would have been given every day of the year. If you can't notice the ref is picking it up, and you keep doing it, suffer the consequence. Cronk's was a professional foul any day of the year, and came after 4 consecutive penalties and a warning, he deserved to go.  But hey, it achieved the aim. It saved 6 points for the sacrifice of a player for 10 minutes. Union players do it all the time - they'll deliberately run off side if the opposition look like scoring, as the ref has to blow. They'd rather give away 3 points than 7.

Fifita deserved to be pinged off for being an idiot - did he deserve to go off? Probably not.  But I do sympathise, Cooper was a idiot for throwing the ball at  Moylan. Big tough guy screaming abuse at the little guy he's just run over - dickhead IMO. I can't stand that kind of behaviour and there's no need for it.