Author Topic: State of Origin...2016  (Read 35692 times)

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
Re: 1st. State of Origin...2016
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2016, 08:24:05 PM »
52 - 6.
It don't get any closer than that. :).

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk
Yes, yes, as I said there are one or two exceptions out of the 105 games played since 1982, but on the whole scores are pretty close.

Out of those 105 games only 35 have had a score difference greater than 10points. And in the last decade of QLD 'dominance' only 8/33 have had a score difference of greater than 10.

But if you want to cherry pick. Remember NSW 56-QLD 16 in 2000?  :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:33:20 PM by tk421 »
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Foo

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: State of Origin...2016
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2016, 11:14:02 PM »

I agree most of those penalties were for offside or late flop penalties that would have been given every day of the year. If you can't notice the ref is picking it up, and you keep doing it, suffer the consequence. Cronk's was a professional foul any day of the year, and came after 4 consecutive penalties and a warning, he deserved to go.  But hey, it achieved the aim. It saved 6 points for the sacrifice of a player for 10 minutes. Union players do it all the time - they'll deliberately run off side if the opposition look like scoring, as the ref has to blow. They'd rather give away 3 points than 7.

Fifita deserved to be pinged off for being an idiot - did he deserve to go off? Probably not.  But I do sympathise, Cooper was a idiot for throwing the ball at  Moylan. Big tough guy screaming abuse at the little guy he's just run over - dickhead IMO. I can't stand that kind of behaviour and there's no need for it.
Throwing the ball at his head? Hahahaha a six months old baby could have thrown it with more force, it was dropped from about six inches above his head.

Foo

Your worst nightmare is behind you. ????

So long as you have tried your best, you should have no regrets.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2016, 08:06:26 AM »
At the end of the day the important thing is who holds the Sheild up at the end of game 3....who was that again?   8)
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2016, 09:04:14 AM »
At the end of the day the important thing is who holds the Sheild up at the end of game 3....who was that again?   8)

Why does the saying "your only as good as you last game" come to mind  ;D

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2016, 09:49:30 AM »
Why does the saying "your only as good as you last game" come to mind  ;D
you mean the game where NSW won in the dieing seconds of the game, on the back of a 12 - 3 penalty count in their favour, with a try awarded that even NSW commentators said shouldn't have been due to an offside player, where the missed tackle count was 37 - 13 against Qld, line breaks were 7 - 2 for NSW, Qld made about 90 more tackles then NSW, and the NSW coach missed the end of the game as he had left the box in disgust to go and console his players on yet another lost game?....yeah NSW showed us  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:51:37 AM by Rumpig »

Offline Joff

• "This is my Custom User Title"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2016, 10:10:09 AM »
waa waa waa - christ you Queenslanders whine!! even when you win hahaha - It's gunna be fun to watch over the next decade as your origin team sinks into mediocrity (just like your economy). The amount of fantasy drivel about one blues player or another being a dog or how the ref's are against you or how some thing has prejudiced you will grow exponentially.

Best part is, unlike your economy, when your Origin team turns turtle NSW wont be compelled to bail you out  :cup:

here fishy
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:12:43 AM by Joff »
HDJ-105 full dresser plus modded Allterrain and NO BLING

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2016, 10:30:06 AM »
Who's whinging?...I'm laughing at how much you Roaches are talking up the win like it was some sort of dominant performance, and how they think their players are saints that fon't do the stuff they say the Qld players do. If you look at the stats, NSW should have won that game by atleast 20, yet were lucky to steal a last second win. At the end of the day we hold the Sheild YET AGAIN!!!! Maybe NSW can win next year so their media can call it a dynasty, and be the death of origin  ::) At the end of the day it was a dead rubber game, we'd already won the series. 8) 8)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:43:05 AM by Rumpig »

Offline Streetkid

• Tent User
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2016, 10:40:31 AM »
The shield is one thing but every nsw supporter knows the only contest that counts these days is the dead rubber.
Happy Customline owner

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2016, 10:44:01 AM »
The shield is one thing but every nsw supporter knows the only contest that counts these days is the dead rubber.
:cup: ;D ;D

Offline Joff

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2016, 10:58:59 AM »
There you go again, whining like big girls that a NSW person has taken some positive from a win. waaa waa waa. You'll be sorry when NSW annexes you and turns your state into a bio hazard waste dump. Although it's pretty close now considering you lot that live there  >:D

I'm so bored hahahaha 

Offline tracker

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If you can throw a ball...Be able to catch one !!!
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2016, 11:12:43 AM »
Well....here i go rummaging through the pantry looking for the popcorn....... ;D ;D ;D
Toyota Prado....- ( Fantasy F3SL Hybrid  Van)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2016, 11:15:33 AM »
funniest Shit was some ex-storm player on radio saying this win was the beginning of a dynasty for NSW..

FFS, they were lucky to win!
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Joff

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2016, 11:45:27 AM »
I'm just Shit stiring hahahaha

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2016, 12:38:42 PM »
funniest Shit was some ex-storm player on radio saying this win was the beginning of a dynasty for NSW..

No, thats all good, we need them to be saying that.
The result from the last time they rubbished the QLD side was us getting the 1/2 century, bring it on, tell us how bad we are, need to hear it for the next 10 months.

I see it is game 2 in Perth next year now....
May as well be Lang Park, as the Sand Gropers have the same thoughts on NSW as us.
Love em......  ;D
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2016, 07:06:30 PM »
you mean the game where NSW won in the dieing seconds of the game, on the back of a 12 - 3 penalty count in their favour, with a try awarded that even NSW commentators said shouldn't have been due to an offside player, where the missed tackle count was 37 - 13 against Qld, line breaks were 7 - 2 for NSW, Qld made about 90 more tackles then NSW, and the NSW coach missed the end of the game as he had left the box in disgust to go and console his players on yet another lost game?....yeah NSW showed us  ;D ;D ;D

Should have won by twenty, could have won 53-6 if we wanted too but it's much more fun letting you get your hopes up and then winning in the dying seconds to get one back at Queensland.  ;D

The result from the last time they rubbished the QLD side was us getting the 1/2 century, bring it on, tell us how bad we are, need to hear it for the next 10 months.

I tune out to the build up but surely there is trash talk before each game isn't there? don't tell me they are slipping.

May as well be Lang Park, as the Sand Gropers have the same thoughts on NSW as us.
Love em......  ;D

except I think they also have the same thoughts about QLD that NSW do, My impression is that any state from the eastern starboard is to be disliked.

Who's whinging?...I'm laughing at how much you Roaches are talking up the win like it was some sort of dominant performance, and how they think their players are saints that don't do the stuff they say the Qld players do. If you look at the stats, NSW should have won that game by at least 20, yet were lucky to steal a last second win. At the end of the day we hold the Sheild YET AGAIN!!!! Maybe NSW can win next year so their media can call it a dynasty, and be the death of origin  ::)

If that's the standard you want to apply then Queensland hasn't been dominate at all over the last 11 years, they have just been lucky to have stolen lots of last second wins.

I would really like for Thurston to take an early retirement from origin as he makes it hard for me to want someone to kneecap him with comments like this. I honestly think with out him the "Dynasty" wouldn't have been, if he isn't putting someone in a gap, converting them from all over the park or rolling the ball into the in goal for another set of six he is holding up the NSW player to stop a try. He has only had one average series from memory, hence NSW winning one.

Offline DaveR

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Grumpy Old Man in Training
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2016, 06:39:23 AM »

I would really like for Thurston to take an early retirement from origin as he makes it hard for me to want someone to kneecap him with comments like this.

There must be a few Pollies out there who hope he keeps playing, if he turns to that, he's in first try, no sweat.
2001 HDJ-100, a flash one
2013 Expanda OB