Author Topic: The Vaping thread  (Read 16971 times)

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
The Vaping thread
« on: February 14, 2016, 10:38:54 AM »
So you're a hard core nicotine addict in the clutches of Big Tobacco and Big Gummint addicted to ever increasing excise for your own good and you're wondering where will it all end? The poor house or the cancer ward? If you're not to be locked up for good along with the usual serial killers and paedophiles, etc with no time off for good taxing behaviour. You’ve been handling all that and the usual self-righteous nanny-staters and scolds but the fascist Greenshirts turning your own kids against you is the last straw. Well if not complete salvation there is at least a cure for leprosy and it lies in vaping your nicotine instead of imbibing it with burnt vegetable matter and those 4000 odd toxic chemicals you're so regularly badgered about. For over a year now I have seen the light with my 'aromatherapy with essential oils' so here's the good oil on that with harm minimization for all you hard core nicotine trogs-
http://ecigarettereviewed.com/top-20-rebuttals-to-win-an-e-cigarette-debate

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e-cigarettes-around-95-less-harmful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review

Well if that doesn't get your interest perhaps my experience with taking up vaping and saving at least $100/week will, along with no smoke, fire, ash, butts, passive smoking, smelling like an ashtray with your sense of taste and smell recovered and the rattle in the chest gone in a week. So how exactly did I do that over a year ago for the benefit of those lepers still puffing analogues?

Well the net is full of a world of vaping (some still prefer e-cigarettes but they're a minority) and the newbie will need to understand the differences in hardware and software (e-liquid or e-juice) and for that check out the videos on this site for starters- http://sociallites.com.au/
OK so from that Sociallites site you’ve worked out 2 main categories of vaping with-

1.   Disposable cartomisers (cartridges) which come as a package deal with the heating coil, wicking and juice already combined
2.   Clearomisers (that’s the glass bowl thingy so you can see the juice level) with separate replaceable atomizer ( heating coil and wicking assembly) and you add the nico juice of your choosing like ‘premium liquid from the Holy Land’ for instance- https://yaeliq.com/

OK those cart jobs are convenient, cute and dainty but they’re relatively expensive so I chose the mainstream clearomiser way. Just let me say here I'm not pushing a particular brand or seller but I will talk about my ultimate choice after doing my homework, but bear in mind the videos and links will apply to any of the plethora of equipment and suppliers. They roll off the tongue like Kangertech, Kayfun, Joyetech, eGo, etc but I chose the Aspire Nautilus Mini because Aspire kicked it all off in 2007 and they make a simple, yet well developed, quality piece of hardware with great disposable atomizer coils that’s important if you’re to get over the early trials of making the switch to vaping permanently.

Righto you can google up the Aspire Nautilus Mini (essentially the same gear as the Aspire Nautilus but it holds 2ml of eliquid instead of the larger 5ml ) and check it all out with the Youtube wannabe stars and their reviews, etc  but there’s some critical user tips and tricks to get a handle on with any gear and here’s the important lowdown on that (some specific to understanding the Aspire unit but some universal good oil too )-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsxOe-i0cXM
and you can follow his other links at the bottom of that video but particularly prepping the coil-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOK2T-YE8ss&list=UUESKSQEhl73ohAD9rnUM45Q

Yeah yeah I know he’s a bit of a pedantic old fart tech head (unlike the succinct, erudite prodigy of course), but do persevere as there’s some important wheat to be gleaned from among the chaff. I’ll talk some more about the software when you’ve got your head around the hardware but keep the faith that soon you too will be free at last from usurious excise and the usual suspects, free at last!
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Re: The Vaping thread
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 10:45:06 AM »
We get a few people that use thes thingos come into work, doesnt help them though, theyre still banned from our  companies  non smoking areas.. Despite all their protests .. ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 10:57:41 AM »
How about just giving up smoking ::)
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 10:58:10 AM »
:cup:
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline cruiser 91

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 11:13:38 AM »
How about giving up driving a polluting diesel
Just do it  ;D

:cheers:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 11:15:10 AM by cruiser 91 »
Hell's Gate, Worlds End, South Australia.

UIZ733

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 12:37:04 PM »
Illegal in Oz?

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 01:47:48 PM »
Illegal in Oz?
Nah you can still drive a diesel in Oz...
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

UIZ733

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 02:47:49 PM »
Nah you can still drive a diesel in Oz...
Vaping ya pillock  ;D

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 03:03:46 PM »

Vaping ya pillock  ;D
;D

haha, yeah it appears the laws regarding the sale of nicotine type ones are varied between the states, but seem to be illegal in all/most states. Acually reading this, which is not an official guide, they seem to be all over the place.
https://www.vapingmad.com.au/e-cig-nicotine-laws/
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan.

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 06:45:49 PM »
I was actually amazed at how many vaping forums there are on Tapatalk.
Risk now is they blow up in your face.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline Coiled

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 06:59:34 PM »
I didn't see them make any mention of Diacetyl? Tastes good and harmless if ingested but pretty bloody nasty when inhaled!
2013 Nissan Patrol Y61
2015 Kimberley Karavan Eco Suite

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 07:07:13 PM »
I gave up the cigs 6 times before I quit for good 10years ago.  So I know it's not easy. A few at work use these now. At least the smell of stale cigarette smoke is diminished.
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Coiled

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 08:05:20 AM »
As an aside, I just saw the below from a blog I subscribe to which gives some reasonable impartial comments.

http://www.genre.com/knowledge/blog/e-cigarettes-how-safe-is-the-safer-alternative-en.html
2013 Nissan Patrol Y61
2015 Kimberley Karavan Eco Suite

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 08:10:19 AM »
When I saw the heading " Vaping" at first I thought it was to do with spray cans and plastic bags ... Had a bloke at work doing that with deoderant sprays ... 
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline tedota

• Tent User
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 08:51:14 AM »
I've been on the E cigs for 3 years now and haven't looked back . Started with Greensmoke out of the states until they stopped sending to Oz. Am now using easypuff from N.Z.

No more death rattle in the mornings. Works for me.

Offline Shaun99

• Tent User
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 09:27:39 AM »
Arguing that ecigs are safer than cigs is like arguing that 5.56 mm rounds are safer than .50 cal. Either one will kill you, there is no safe level of smoking!

:police:

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 10:09:23 AM »
When I saw the heading " Vaping" at first I thought it was to do with spray cans and plastic bags ... Had a bloke at work doing that with deoderant sprays ...

Lol me too !
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 10:10:20 AM »
Arguing that ecigs are safer than cigs is like arguing that 5.56 mm rounds are safer than .50 cal. Either one will kill you, there is no safe level of smoking!

Lmao yes but I guess if I had to have somebody shooting at me I'd want them using 5.56  :D
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 10:16:55 AM »

Except ecigs don't produce smoke, they produce a vapour which doesn't contain all the carsinogens you find in cigarette smoke.

Offline tk421

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Out of the Office... Road trips round Australia
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 12:09:32 PM »
I am sure they are quite safe apart from:
- the fact that they aren't regulated by the FDA  in the US or TGA here so you can't tell what's in them. More so if buying off e-bay;
- Nicotine is classified as a dangerous poison - too much can kill you - eg leaking canisters onto skin;
- Nicotine still affects the unborn (most of you on this thread are probably safe in that regard);
- they've found carcinogens including an ingredient used in antifreeze in two leading brands of e-cigarettes and 18 various cartridges;
- a 2014 study found that aerosol from e-cigarettes with a higher voltage level contains more formaldehyde, another carcinogen;
- the vapour exhaled still contains carcinogens (that's why they're not allowed in non-smoking areas);
- they're mostly illegal in Australia - The nicotine capsules for 'recreational use' are classed   ‘Schedule 7 - Dangerous Poison’ under the national Poisons Standard . This means that the manufacture, sale and possession of this kind of recreational product is currently unlawful in all states and territories (unless an approval, authority/ licence/ permit (as the case may be) can be sought and is granted by the relevant state or territory authority)
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”  - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 09:26:44 PM »
Yeah, they would have their own set of garbage in them too I guess, but I was mainly pointing out that it IS different than smoking, which has for more nasty crap in it...
I don't use ecigs anyway, I still smoke..

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 10:18:06 AM »
Oh you mean like the same advice you'd give to those on the Drunk Thread and the Weight Loss thread? It's like this puritans and God like perfect creatures. For some of us nicotine is our particular poison so vaping is about harm minimization for the currently addicted, just like light beer and low fat/sugar foods are for many others. So much for the ammunition calibre round analogy eh? It's not me saying that vaping is 95% safer than smoking but health experts surveying the facts, not that I needed their stamp of approval after a week of being off the smokes and vaping.

Oh but prodigy you can't be absolutely sure it's 100% safe so we need to ban it for your own good so you can go back on the smokes, patches, gum and inhalers I hear you say. Some methadone treatment perhaps? Yeah right you are there pisspots and fatties, etc and in case you haven't noticed it's the ice epidemic stoopids! As for the 100% safers or we ban it mentality, these are people who would never allow us to move from burning coal to natural gas until it was proven 100% safe. (they're probably diesel fourby owners running about with old cruisers because they've heard all about the hassles with EGR and DPFs on those new fangled EURO V jobs)

I assume we're all adults here with our particular feet of clay and I'll talk to those adults who would like to get some of the clay off and live and let live. You puritans and angels can go congregate on your own thread, but that won't be anywhere on Myswag because there's real people here with all their shortcomings and imperfections. 
There's no Great Evil conspiracy against consumers within engineering, manufacturing and supply. Just the many tradeoffs incurred to satisfy diverse tastes, priorities and wallets. But first comes all the insatiable Gummint eggsperts, nanny-staters and usual suspects.
The following users thanked this post: Big Damo

Offline prodigyrf

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 10:34:26 AM »
Besides this society has a lot more things on its plate to worry about than a lot of prodigies running amok going cold turkey. Just ask the missus about that  :cheers:

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2016, 04:56:04 PM »
Besides this society has a lot more things on its plate to worry about than a lot of prodigies running amok going cold turkey. Just ask the missus about that  :cheers:
I tried numerous times to give up cold turkey, it was usually my mrs who who caved in first and told me to go buy some smokes.  ;D I did give up using Champix, but it's horrible stuff that makes you feel like puking all the time, and gives you funny dreams like when Homer at that psychedelic chilli. I quit for about 4 years, but after being out of work for about 14 months I caved in again.
The mrs is pretty good though, she must be, because she always makes sure I take plenty of sinkers with me when I go rock fishing. She stuffs my pockets full of them because she knows you always lose a lot of gear fishing off the rocks.

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
The Vaping thread
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2016, 05:36:33 PM »
After trying various methods of quitting over the years it was my son who introduced me to vaping. Best thing I've ever done. Six months down the track I'm now a non smoker and also off of the vaping, so even if it wasn't that good for me in the short term, it sure as hell will be now. I highly recommend anyone looking to give up too give it a try.

Sent from your iPad using Mental telepathy
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:14:58 PM by Marcus73 »
The following users thanked this post: Zooks4life