Author Topic: Cheer for speedy towbars.  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Jackdawg

• Swag User
Cheer for speedy towbars.
« on: November 28, 2015, 06:36:08 AM »
Thought I would give Speedy Towbars on Queens Road at Everton park (Brisbane) a  cheer for helping me out.
I had them come and install a towbar at work for me a month or so ago.

Anyway being a new car, I just got a flat tongue as that is what I had had on the last car and it worked fine. But my boat trailer wouldn't quite wind down on to the ball because of the angle of the driveway to the shed floor. So I rang them up to see if I could buy a tongue to give me a bit more height. Bring it in and we will fit one for you they said.

So in I went, they put in on the hoist, then came and told me they were going to pull the bumper off as something didn't look right, the tongue was pointing down instead of level.

Pulled it off and came and told me that a bolt had sheared off, and they would need to remove the broken bit and fix the mount. Asked me what loads I was towing etc, to try and work out why the bolt broke. I had had the trailer come off the ball and hit the road hard on about the second trip because I forgot to check the coupling adjustment  :-[  Most likely cause of the bolt breaking when the safety chain pulled up tight with a bang.

Anyway they spent an hour working on it, removed the broken bolt, fixed the mount point,  then fitted a tongue that gave me an extra 50mm in ball height as well, then refused to take any money for their work or the new tongue.

Good old fashioned customer service. They will get both my recommendation and any future business.

Offline jwb

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Cheer for speedy towbars.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 06:54:00 AM »
good stuff! :cheers:
Cheers

Jwb
The following users thanked this post: Jackdawg

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Re: Cheer for speedy towbars.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 07:03:28 AM »
Best advertising a bussiness can get  " Word of mouth " due to good service ...  :cup:
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "
The following users thanked this post: Jackdawg