Author Topic: Gumtree Swag Scam  (Read 18979 times)

Offline WilSurf

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Gumtree Swag Scam
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2016, 05:27:10 PM »
I meant from the original poster.  Wilsurf yours is a definite scam and i wouldnt even waste my time with any correspondence .

Well she/he didn't response anymore.  :'(
- Kimberley Kamper Sports RV Limited Edition
- Lexus LX470 V8, E-locker, ARB Sahara bullbar

Offline Robbo

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Put another banger on the barbie
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2016, 03:21:35 PM »
A very common scam that has caught
Most of us out at some time.. ;D ;D

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2016, 08:09:42 PM »
Another scam.
Beware of Coles Supermarket carparks.

2 scantily clad blondes posing a window washers approch as you pull up. They offer to clean your windows for a small fee. One lady disrobes and seductively starts to scrub your windows while the other climbs into the back seat with you and makes mad and passionate love to you.

This is the scam. While one of them is making love to you the other steals your wallet!

BEWARE!!!! THIS IS A SCAM. Do not fall for it like me.

I had my wallet stolen on Friday, Saterday, Twice on Monday and 3 times again yesterday.

FYI. the Reject Shop sell wallets for $2ea.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Offline Lobster

• Tent User
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2016, 09:17:12 AM »
I received an offer for my Camper Trailer on Gumtree that was too good to be true from lenon8088@gmail.com. After enquiring if it was still available they offered to buy it and have it shipped. This was VERY suspicious considering they didn't ask anything about the trailer and had contacted the courier to pick it up despite not knowing the address. Not to mention he doesn't have phone access.

The email:
"Thanks for getting back,i'm pleased with the price and the condition as described on the advert,I work on a remote mine site, Energy Resources of Australia Ltd (ERA) Darwin NT.We do not have access to phone at the moment and that's why I contacted you with internet messaging facility,Does it have any history I should be aware of and why are you selling?

Regarding the payment,i will be paying you through PayPal linked up with my westpac bank account,please get back to me with your BSB,Acct name & Number so i can process the payment,you can alternatively send your  PayPal payment details as i can also pay into your Paypal acct.
I've contacted my courier who will come for pick up and deliver it to my place in Darwin after the whole fund has been cleared into your acct.

A goggle search showed this exact email use in various Caravan and Vehicle scams, sometimes just working in different remote locations but most of it was word for word.

You read a lot of these and think that would never happen to me!  Wrong!

This achieves nothing other than pissing people off.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:18:55 AM by Lobster »

KingBilly

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2016, 11:00:11 AM »
This achieves nothing other than pissing people off.

Depends on whose perspective you are talking about.  The scammers are pretty successful.  $229 million last year.

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/news/australians-lose-over-229-million-to-scams-in-2015

KB

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2016, 11:39:20 AM »
I don't even look at Gumtree anymore...
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home