Author Topic: Who's heading to the Flemington C&C Supershow?  (Read 14919 times)

Offline InMused

• Tent User
  • Researching to the nth degree

Offline lochgilphead

• Tent User
  • Disgruntled by work; Gruntled by camping
Re: Who's heading to the Flemington C&C Supershow?
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 08:24:27 PM »
Talking to Southern Cross Canvas and they weren't going due to the increased costs to exhibitors plus the hassle of getting to and from each day.  I don't have anything specific to buy, although was going to look at Projecta 20w solar panels but I doubt I would get them $55 cheaper than Jet does ém and I'd rather give the money to a swagger.   ;D Mac
Mac and Jen - Isuzu MUX with some small mods towing a Rhinomax Discovery. This is our rig until we stop travelling!!

Offline mtb

• Learning the Ropes

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 08:48:36 PM »
Of the fridges, no Waeco, Engel or Bushman.
Was interested to see if Bushman would be there with a show special.  Obviously not...

As to parking, it isn't on-site, but next door, I believe.
The VRC make every post a winner, they love extracting $ from 'punters', you might say it is what they do best!   ;D
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline oscara

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 08:11:01 AM »
I'm going as I'm in the market for a fridge so it's disappointing hearing that Waeco and Engle aren't there. I was hoping Engel or Waeco may have a show special. It's amazing that such a large camping show can't attract two of the bigger players in the fridge market. Do you know if ARB fridges or Evakool are at the show and if you recall there being a special? ARB, Waeco, Evakool and Engel are the brands I'm interested in.

Edit: I just checked the link posted by InMused (thanks) and it looks like ARB is the only one of the four I'm interested in that will be at the show which is a major disappointment so I wont be going. I'll head of to Bayswater tomorrow and go to Anaconda, ARB and BCF and see what deal I can get.

Is Dometic, Waeco??? I see Dometic are at the show.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:33:07 AM by oscara »

Offline Griswold

• Tent User
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 11:54:19 AM »
I'm going as I'm in the market for a fridge so it's disappointing hearing that Waeco and Engle aren't there. I was hoping Engel or Waeco may have a show special. It's amazing that such a large camping show can't attract two of the bigger players in the fridge market. Do you know if ARB fridges or Evakool are at the show and if you recall there being a special? ARB, Waeco, Evakool and Engel are the brands I'm interested in.

Edit: I just checked the link posted by InMused (thanks) and it looks like ARB is the only one of the four I'm interested in that will be at the show which is a major disappointment so I wont be going. I'll head of to Bayswater tomorrow and go to Anaconda, ARB and BCF and see what deal I can get.

Is Dometic, Waeco??? I see Dometic are at the show.

The Victorian 4x4 show is on Sunday at Wandin..Perhaps they have what your looking for..
FJ Cruiser - Tvan

Offline oscara

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 02:27:20 PM »
Thanks the the tip but I'm working Sunday. There's a decent 20% off Waeco sale at Rays at the moment so armed with that I'm sure anaconda will drop another 10%. If I look at ARBs fridges and believe its worth a few extra $$ I'll see if they will negotiate. If not there's always the Easter sales which aren't far away. I'm just disappointed as I thought the camping show would have been flooded with lots of different fridge manufacturer's.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Offline isportfish

• Swag User
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 03:14:19 PM »
I haven't been to the show, but yes dometic normally includes waeco fridges.

I think you are on the right track anyway with other current offers.
Cheers
2014 PC Challenger
2009 Trak Shak Majestic

Offline Humphreythebear

• Tent User
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2015, 06:43:21 PM »
Engel is at Lyle eales - yes doing deals
Evakool is sharing a site with lyle eales
Anaconda are there , arb also have a stand
Outback Sturt , Holden SS Ute and a MTB for the Rough Stuff

Offline oscara

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2015, 06:49:56 AM »
I haven't been to the show, but yes dometic normally includes waeco fridges.

I think you are on the right track anyway with other current offers.
Cheers
Thanks that's what I thought 20%of waeco plus anaconda doing a further 10% makes it hard to go past them.

Engel is at Lyle eales - yes doing deals
Evakool is sharing a site with lyle eales
Anaconda are there , arb also have a stand

That makes more sense.
The weather will now keep me away as there's nothing worse than dragging a wife and 13year old out in the rain.
If I dont get anything today I might pop over to the show on Monday (last day) as I'm not working and perhaps score a last day super special :) For those going today hope the weather improves.

theins

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2015, 08:15:30 AM »
Has anybody been? Any views regarding the new venue over Caulfield?

Offline Alan Loy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2015, 08:20:27 AM »
Of the fridges, no Waeco, Engel or Bushman.
Was interested to see if Bushman would be there with a show special.  Obviously not...

As to parking, it isn't on-site, but next door, I believe.
The VRC make every post a winner, they love extracting $ from 'punters', you might say it is what they do best!   ;D
Last year I got a "show special" at Bushman's factory in Research.  Might be worth a call

Offline Palmer

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2015, 04:34:57 PM »
Did anyone get a price for a Jayco Swan Outback at the show?

And were did you organise any extras in the price?

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2015, 04:39:23 PM »
Last year I got a "show special" at Bushman's factory in Research.  Might be worth a call
All good, just picked up one second hand on Gumtree for $700.  ;D
Gotta be happy with that!  :cheers:
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline Ozsnowman

• "Missus wants an Avan"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Travelling with Shirley the van!
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2015, 06:08:14 PM »
Has anybody been? Any views regarding the new venue over Caulfield?

Too. Bloody. Big :(

Personally, I think that they're trying their best to make it something you have to attend over two days - but since I'm from the country, no chance of me staying in Melbourne for two days just to go to the caravan show.

Also, to me, it seems as if they're trying to push everything upmarket - LOTS of $70k plus vans, and a lot of expensive camper trailers - admittedly I didn't get to see the whole site, but didn't see much of any of the lower-end campers or caravans. Apologies to exhibitors then if i missed the cheaper areas, but not all of us have grey nomad budgets :(

Hard to park at Flemington racecourse, but there were shuttle buses on, so didn't have to walk miles to the gate :)
We've swapped from the camper to a van yay! :)

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »
A friend of ours just bought a van from a dealer in Geelong who was sending some vans to the show, and the manager there told him they were paying $63-00 per square metre for their site and it was still worth their while to take a stand, so who's taking the piss there
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline rove

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2015, 07:49:06 PM »
Went today not impressed take it back to caufield
Won't go back until it returns to caufield
Too big now, parking crap, getting their crap.
Cheers Emmett
2012 Jayco Flamingo

Offline peter01

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • live the -
    • http://ourezytrail.blogspot.com.au/
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2015, 07:49:34 PM »
Did anyone get a price for a Jayco Swan Outback at the show?

And were did you organise any extras in the price?

Palmer, best price i'v seen for outback models is at Bendigo Jayco. went to the show yesterday and believe it was "Geelong Jayco" been to "Albury/Wondonga  Jayco" and believe Bendigo had best prices
2014 GLXR Triton
2015 Blue Water - FF Darling camper

Our blog:     http://ourezytrail.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2015, 08:20:05 PM »
Palmer, best price i'v seen for outback models is at Bendigo Jayco. went to the show yesterday and believe it was "Geelong Jayco" been to "Albury/Wondonga  Jayco" and believe Bendigo had best prices

Bendigo & Geelong are same company Prestige. Good to deal with and very competitive

Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2015, 05:11:14 AM »
Jayco was a combined site with Prestige, Bayswater and Page Brothers.

Some interesting camper trailers there.

Just wish I was shown a bit better on the map.

2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline mheloy

• Swag User
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2015, 07:09:10 AM »
Went there yesterday to look at the jayco. I asked a few questions to a sales person there and was asked if I'm going to buy. As I'm not yet ready he walked away. I think it's rude.

Anyway are the prices there firm or there some room to move? If I'll be adding annex and annex walls and end flies. How much would I be expecting? This for eagle outback.

Offline Palmer

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2015, 10:25:23 AM »

Thanks for that.  I've ended up ordering a Swan Outback from the Tassie dealer now.  Got a reasonable deal  (not great, but still OK) so we decided to just bite the bullet and order,  and now we wait...

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2015, 04:35:15 PM »
Went there yesterday to look at the jayco. I asked a few questions to a sales person there and was asked if I'm going to buy. As I'm not yet ready he walked away. I think it's rude.

Must be the same guy who spoke to us.  My wife was speaking with his previous customer and it helped them decide decide on which model to get.  He then found us and answered the main questions we had before he asked if we were buying.  Not yet, and he was gone. Not even an offer of a business card, would be could.  Who knows, his loss maybe, if we ever make up our mind we would have called him.

Too big.  Too many options.  No way you could realistically see them all in a day
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline whitey001

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2015, 09:48:47 AM »
Must be the same guy who spoke to us.  My wife was speaking with his previous customer and it helped them decide decide on which model to get.  He then found us and answered the main questions we had before he asked if we were buying.  Not yet, and he was gone. Not even an offer of a business card, would be could.  Who knows, his loss maybe, if we ever make up our mind we would have called him.

Too big.  Too many options.  No way you could realistically see them all in a day

Same here.  Was it the guy around with the Swan's.  He asked us if we were looking to buy/order on the day also.  When we said no he couldn't walk off fast enough.  I actually kept asking him a few questions though and you could see he was trying to step away.

I think it was too big also.  We looked at the accessories and the CT's as well as the Jayco and Goldstream RV's.  Had something to eat and spent 5-6 hours there.  No way would we have been able to look at the caravans also.

Al.
2015 MU-X LST
2019 Jayco Journey 15.48-5

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2015, 10:56:28 AM »
Why don't you send a complaint to "Jayco" about this guys behaviour, sounds like he was working for commission, pretty poor attitude  >:(   
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"