Author Topic: Word me up on Pajeros  (Read 12185 times)

Offline mike and tracy davis

• Tent User
  • The Davis Clan
    • http://myswag.org/gallery/v/mike+and+tracy+davis/
Re: Word me up on Pajeros
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2014, 07:46:30 PM »
Upgrade the rear coil pack, every single one that comes through my business, has witness marks on the bump stops from contact before a tow bar has even been installed!
Cheers Mike :cheers:
Mike and Tracy Davis VKS737 mobile 3424
Nomad 96 4WD Club of WA. Only owns and drives Patrols, likes to get out there .......and make it back!

Offline jmorgan1981

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • It was that last beer!!!!
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2014, 08:16:04 PM »
I wanted a prado when we were looking for our latest 4wd.
Anyway after looking a few we just couldn't go past the pajero for value. It does everything we want it to do and more. The best thing is they drive more like a car the the others so the wife is more than happy to get behind the wheel.

Next 4wd I get will be a pajero too.
2017 Mazda BT-50 XT
2014 Kimberley Kamper LE

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 05:59:30 AM »
Had a Pajero great fourbie. Most of the advise here has covered it. Protect the intercooler with a good bash plate. Watch the top chain tensioner on the oilers if buying an older model.

The only thing I would struggle to go back to with the Pajero is the ride on corrugations  compared to the cruiser.

Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2014, 06:49:45 AM »
New Triton is about to be released so after 12yrs you would expect the Paj to be just around the corner.  (though I have said the same thing for the past 2yrs LOL)

Don't get caught with the an old shape Pajero as they are worth nothing as Mitsi wholesale the hell out of them.

But, they are a good truck and there are very few unhappy owners.  Don't test drive a Prado of the same age.  The difference in NVH between the two is amazing.
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline ozbogwam

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2014, 02:45:34 PM »
Just took a 2012 GLX-R for a drive. Must admit its a nice vehicle. Just crunching some numbers now

Offline scottnvic

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 08:18:22 PM »
Have had my Dec 2005 Paj (diesel) since Jan 2006 and have clocked up 210,000km.  Hasn't missed a beat. Replaced some tyres, batteries, starters motors and clutches, but you expect that.  Off road it has put bigger fourbys to shame.  Low down torque is unreal.  Love my Paj!!

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2014, 08:58:12 PM »
Some say that a Paj louses $$ as it get older .  Don't tradeem  drivem . Think about it your worth less as you get older , but its really hard to get spare parts for you  . Everything wares out . Get over it  8) :-*                :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Cammo

• Tent User
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 07:45:18 AM »
Our old 100 series LC was dying so we looked at a replacement. For the cost of replacing the LC with a new 200 series I could nearly buy 2 Pajeros! We looked at Prados but they have a reduced towing capacity.

We settled on a 2014 Exceed with all the bells and whistles, steel bull bar and tow kit. It is a great vehicle so far(only 5000km) as my wife won't have a dual cab ute. It uses half the fuel of the 4500 petrol LC so that in itself makes me smile.

Regards

Offline outbackogre

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2014, 09:10:57 AM »
I bought my 2003 NP DiD with 118k on the clock 4 years ago and it's now up to 227k.  It's not the quietest truck around but performance and economy (especially when towing) is unbeatable.  A 2inch suspension lift with air bags on the rear followed by a 4 wheel alignment has ensured even wear on the rear tyres over the past 2 years (Bridgestone 697's have now done 55k).  I normally update when my cars get to this age/mileage but I may keep it and see how long it lasts.  Love that car.
My friends call me Rob.  You can call me ... Rob!
NW auto diesel Pajero towing a Jayco Starcraft Outback.

Offline broncos11

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2014, 09:26:32 AM »
Our old 100 series LC was dying so we looked at a replacement. For the cost of replacing the LC with a new 200 series I could nearly buy 2 Pajeros! We looked at Prados but they have a reduced towing capacity.

We settled on a 2014 Exceed with all the bells and whistles, steel bull bar and tow kit. It is a great vehicle so far(only 5000km) as my wife won't have a dual cab ute. It uses half the fuel of the 4500 petrol LC so that in itself makes me smile.

Regards

Hi Cammo,

How's the storage room in the back of the Paj, compared  to the 100 series?????

Dave
2003 IFS V8 100 series

Offline achjimmy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2014, 09:43:50 AM »

Hi Cammo,

Dave

Paj has remarkable storage room for its size. Because the third row seats come from underneath there's a secret 90 litres you gain. You just have to come up with a practicable way of accessing it.   I don't seem to have much more useable space in the 200 and that's longer than the 100 again. Don't miss the door though.
Here for a good time, not a long time!

Jim

Offline Cammo

• Tent User
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2014, 09:56:32 AM »
Brochos11

It's not bad but the sub woofer takes up space. (I don't know why they put one in them?)

I had a 2 draw system from ORS in the LC and have spoken to ORS about their Storage Platform with a draw on top with fridge space next to it. I can store folding chairs underneath the platform and as I have removed the 3rd row of seats, I have easy access storage below the floor and access to the jack etc..

Regards

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2014, 10:51:43 AM »
Its the depth of the storage that seems *short* to me, from the middle seats to the back door... maybe its just my eyes, but it doesn't appear very big.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline MrCruza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2014, 05:58:17 PM »
Black Widow drawers for the Toyota are 940mm long. The Paj is 740mm long. Same width. Therefore the Paj is ~200mm shorter.
Cheers, John.

'12 Cruiser
2020 NextGen Blackline

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2014, 06:37:40 PM »
When  you buy a Paj & kit it , then use it & after some time the resale is bugger all . Who Cares   :cup:.
Think of the adventures , trips ,  Swagger Catch Ups , things off the Bucket List  , friends  & Laughternoontea  that you have had .   Put a $ on that , if you dare .  ;D So your rig is not new , Your there , to enjoy the next day of your adventure of Life    . Do you really need a new 1 every few years  ???

:cheers:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:46:20 PM by speewa158 »
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline jeeps

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • The Aussie Storm Shop
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »
lm in my 4th Pajero , NB , NH, NL,petrols  & NS oiler . They just get better & better. The new rigs are all Oilers so get a snorkel , then a beaudesert bigger exhaust system . When it can breath better it goes better .
 l have run pajero since 84 & all over Aus , as has been said buy 2nd hand then hold it . My NS is ex Cop car from Tassie got it as 2year old with 60K on the clock .now has 184K  Goes like it should where ever l point it in comfort .usually runs at about 11L/100KM bit more towing at or about 100KPH  l like it & so will you as it6 a very able quadruped  :cheers:

x2, they perform well with a Beaudesert exhaust system

cheers
www.aussiestormshop.com.au | www.aussieberkeyshop.com.au
Offroad Camper Trailer with an Austrack top & Drifta kitchen, mostly assembled by me :)

Offline nab

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2014, 02:29:25 AM »
I'll ad my bit. I've had an 04 diesel GLX for a couple of years now. The missus loves it compared to the patrol. Kills it everywhere except heavy duty off roading but as we don't do that anymore it suits us perfectly. Fits the 3 child seats and all their gear comfortably.
2005 Jayco Dove - sold
2003 Coromal Pioneer XC

Offline Brij

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2014, 05:48:21 AM »

Hi Cammo,

Dave

As a bit of a yard stick (since no one has slipped out and thrown a tape measure over one yet) I parked our NJ ('94, previous, narrower body) beside the SIL's GU once whilst I had a tape measure handy.

Measured up the boots on both. Can't remember the actual details but - GU deeper, both roughly the same width, Paj taller. Overall the Paj numbers calculated as being a bit greater volume. (GU external width was all just fenders and flares)

I think the current shape Paj is maybe 50 to 100mm wider than my shape and I would expect the internal dimensions to be similarly increased. Plus the extra 90L compartment below floor level where the removeable 3rd row seats fit.

No idea how that compares to a 100 series though.

Peter
NX Pajero
NJ Pajero (semi retired  to firewood harvesting duties)
Home made camper