Author Topic: Just amazed by the laziness of some people  (Read 5273 times)

Offline Beachman

• Hard Top Camper User
Just amazed by the laziness of some people
« on: September 08, 2014, 11:38:14 AM »
The other week I was home sick, so I gave my daughter a surprise by picking her up from School. I was just waiting in the pick-up area and I overheard some Mum’s talking about this new petrol station with gives driveway service by putting fuel in your car. This group of Mum’s were so excited and saying how they will definitely by visiting this petrol station in the future and if this petrol station in question was close by I could understand, but knowing where these families live it’s a 40 minute round trip to this servo.   ???

Next day I was at home watching TV I noticed someone visit my neighbours. No big deal but these visitors parked directly across the road from the people they were visiting and that day happened to be rubbish collection day, so there were rubbish bins on the footpath. These people didn’t care and just parked in front of this other neighbour’s rubbish bins (There were multiple other spots to park between bins, but that meant walking for than 10 seconds)

Rubbish man comes 5 minutes later and he did the right thing by getting out of his truck and dragging the bin to the front of the car to empty it. But he did make a point of lowering the bin and leaving it on the road right in front of this car. (To make a point of the hassle he caused him which I don’t have a problem with)

But when the owners of this car returns, he doesn’t even have the decency to move the bin back on the footpath, but reverses back to drive around this bin on the road.   ???

Offline GUEY

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Just amazed by the laziness of some people
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 01:09:57 PM »
To a certain degree I can understand the petrol staion scenario. I think a lot of it comes from dirty pump handles.
If the station owners/workers would get out and clean the pump handles once in a while ( diesel in particular) it wouldn't be so bad.

Rubbish bins, yes pure laziness...
2016 Colorado Trailblazer
2010 Swan Outback

Offline NewieCamper

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 01:26:57 PM »
It's like when you see a car near the close parking spots waiting for someone to return to their car, load up, reverse out so the waiting car can take the space. More often than not if you park further away you can pull straight in, hop out and be at the destination before the other car has even switched off the engine. Must admit I used to be guilty of that quite often. Since then I've realised my fuel budget and time are worth more than waiting for that better car space.

Offline shanegtr

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • Offroad80s
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 01:58:14 PM »
It's like when you see a car near the close parking spots waiting for someone to return to their car, load up, reverse out so the waiting car can take the space. More often than not if you park further away you can pull straight in, hop out and be at the destination before the other car has even switched off the engine. Must admit I used to be guilty of that quite often. Since then I've realised my fuel budget and time are worth more than waiting for that better car space.
I get a laugh from people who wait for my parking space, loading up the shopping then belting in 4 kids takes a bit of time ;D

Offline woftam

• Tent User
  • Conanti dabitur
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 02:25:11 PM »
I get a laugh from people who wait for my parking space, loading up the shopping then belting in 4 kids takes a bit of time
Had an experience years ago around Penrith when I used to ride. Came out of shopping centre and walked up to the bike. Someone just coming in spotted me and pulled up waiting.
Of course it takes a little bit of time to pack your shopping in the tank bag, put on your jacket, put on your helmet, find your keys and put on your gloves.
Was digging my gloves out of the panniers when they stuck their head out the window and said "can you move a bit faster". ???
Instant response was to say "no mate, but I can move a lot bloody slower". Proceeded to put gloves back, remove helmet and jacket, find cigarettes and light up. :-*
Was 10 minutes late home and wife was peeved but definitely worth it. ;D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
-Dr. Seuss

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 02:40:24 PM »
Had an experience years ago around Penrith when I used to ride. Came out of shopping centre and walked up to the bike. Someone just coming in spotted me and pulled up waiting.
Of course it takes a little bit of time to pack your shopping in the tank bag, put on your jacket, put on your helmet, find your keys and put on your gloves.
Was digging my gloves out of the panniers when they stuck their head out the window and said "can you move a bit faster". ???
Instant response was to say "no mate, but I can move a lot bloody slower". Proceeded to put gloves back, remove helmet and jacket, find cigarettes and light up. :-*
Was 10 minutes late home and wife was peeved but definitely worth it. ;D

I love doing this, as soon as I see someone waiting for my space I sometimes get in my car and start reading the paper or after packing all the gear into the car I pretend to walk back to the shops . My main peeve in shopping centres is the lazy buggers who don't walk the 30 mtrs to put their trolleys in the troller collection bay and leave them all over the car park. my mate is terrible at this and is the first one to whinge when there is a trolley in the spot where he wants to park..
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

champin

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 03:29:47 PM »
Was gunna comment, but cann't be bothered. Might go have a lie down.

Offline Vitara_JaycoSwift_Outback

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 03:31:35 PM »
My main peeve in shopping centres is the lazy buggers who don't walk the 30 mtrs to put their trolleys in the troller collection bay and leave them all over the car park. my mate is terrible at this and is the first one to whinge when there is a trolley in the spot where he wants to park..

My wife is so bad at this. I get up her each time and she is starting to walk the extra distance to put them away.

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 04:54:31 PM »
Yeah it really bugs me how laz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline muzza01

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Y62 S5 Nissan Patrol and Tanami 13 Hybrid
    • Photobucket Muz
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 05:17:52 PM »
To a certain degree I can understand the petrol staion scenario. I think a lot of it comes from dirty pump handles.
If the station owners/workers would get out and clean the pump handles once in a while ( diesel in particular) it wouldn't be so bad.

Rubbish bins, yes pure laziness...
Yeah, especially the diesel.

Offline Goose

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Life turns on a dime.
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 06:58:46 PM »

Most people that wait for close spots are lazy however a few of them are doing it because they are disabled or injured and prefer the closet spot for good reasons; especially if non-disabled drivers have taken all the disabled spots. Saying this from experience. 

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 07:18:54 PM »
I always park a bit further away as well.
Easier that way.
Even though swmbo has been in a wheelchair for over 6 weeks I would just as soon push her a bit further than muck about getting a closer park...
Bill
"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
-unknown

Offline ATC

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 07:28:15 PM »
I get a laugh from people who wait for my parking space, loading up the shopping then belting in 4 kids takes a bit of time ;D

People who dilly dally are a PITA, if they have kids to strap into car seats then that worth waiting for.

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 07:40:53 PM »
l know a kid SOOOOO lazy that  SHE will go to bed then Text , & ring landline & mobile of her house mate to turn off the bedroom light for her . True Story  >:( :cheers: Saddly it wont work on ME  ??? ??? :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Garfish

• Mini Marlin
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Have fun and enjoy
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 08:20:22 PM »

Ross
No camper or 4x4 😪

Offline deepop

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Living the dream.
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 09:40:11 PM »

y some people are!

There you go Dazzler.
Manual petrol 105 series 'cruiser.
Aust. trailers semi off road trailer with Southern Cross Canvas tent, water, gas, kitchen and other stuff.