Author Topic: Waeco cf80ac dz  (Read 1438 times)

Offline brispaj

• Tent User
Waeco cf80ac dz
« on: August 23, 2014, 09:30:59 PM »
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has the Waeco CF-80AC DZ fridge? Looked at one today (went to shop to buy ozpig) and would just like to hear what people with them think of them? do they use "spill thru" air from the freezer to cool the fridge? What is it like on power?

I don't really need the freezer function atm, but at the price I can get it, if its a good fridge I will grab it.

Any advice is appreciated

Lachie

Offline SteveandViv

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Never get sick of being here
    • Our Travel Blog - Have a look....
Re: Waeco cf80ac dz
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 03:42:38 PM »
I have the 50 so not sure if this helps but they do use spill through air and that works OK. I use ours as a fridge more often with the dividers out and it works really well for that, I set the temp to -4 and then use the evaporator end for drinks and then move the veggies to the other end. As there is no evaporator at the other end you can put lettuce etc there with out it spoiling. We did use it as a freezer when we wanted to take bread with us. In the 50 i can get three loafs in the freezer section (Obviously you would get more) and that worked well. once the bread was gone I reduced it back to a fridge. They do use a fair amount of juice as a freezer so you would need to consider that.
http://steveandviv.blogspot.com.au/

Offline Clouty

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 07:45:15 PM »
I had an 80 litre waeco for about 5 years and loved it..
It uses spill over cold air from the freezer to cool the fridge.. If I ran the freezer I would set the temp on about -15 and that would cool the fridge area just nice..

After about 2 days of camping the batteries would need to be charged.. And I had 105amp battery in the 80 series..
They do use I bit of power but just be mindful where you park the car so you can get more usage out of the batteries..

Hope that helps :cheers:

Offline Coiled

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 08:53:29 PM »
We have had our for a few years. First it lived in the the back of the Nissan and now in the camper. It works perfectly. If I want frozen to be rock hard and fridge to be icy I set it to -14 but normally run at -12. At this temp frozen stays as such and fridge is plenty cold but the power consumption is noticeably less.
2013 Nissan Patrol Y61
2015 Kimberley Karavan Eco Suite