Author Topic: NEW TO CAMPERS TRAILERS  (Read 4218 times)

Offline ROONS1234

• Learning the Ropes
  • Hi all, hope alls well with you and your family.
NEW TO CAMPERS TRAILERS
« on: May 20, 2014, 07:33:09 PM »
Hi all,
I've just purchased a Ecomate series 3 rear fold camper pick it up next week this waiting is killing me :).

Has any one got any bad points or good about the trailer in general, or things I should be aware of once I recieve my trailer.

This is a great fourm I've been getting my fix while I wait for my new toy to up away looking forward to chatting to ya all

Regards

Roons12345
ROONS

KingBilly

Re: NEW TO CAMPERS TRAILERS
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 07:35:04 PM »
Welcome to myswag.  Congrats on the CT purchase.  Waiting is not fun  >:(

Happy camping
KB

scarps

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:40:40 PM »
Hi Roons1234, welcome to myswag and congrats on the new CT.
My only words of advice are don't be in too much of a hurry with mods and additions, even down to accessories and camping gear.
Get out and use it and discover from real life what you need most and what works best. Most importantly, have fun and lots of it.

Offline ROONS1234

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 07:57:55 PM »
Thanks scarps and KB,
I have been reading the mods muzza01 completed on his hard floor he's done a great job, I'm just glade that I was able to purchase one my self and can come down from my pop tent :).

regards.

Roons
ROONS

Offline mule

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 08:47:20 PM »
 Good to see some one going for it. Get out and use it ,you soon find out what you like and dont like.
   The site and the people on it are a wealth of information. welcome .
  regards mule

Offline ROONS1234

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 09:17:58 PM »
Hi mule,
I will be as soon as I get my hands on it :).

Heading to the Fishing, and Camping show in Townsville this weekend will be good to see whats new on the sean and what products are on show.

Anyway mule thanks for the welcome.

ROONS

ROONS

Offline sol

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 04:39:33 PM »
G'day and welcome ROONS.
Congrats on the new camper mate. :cup:
Might see you at the Fishing and Camping Expo on the weekend ;D

:cheers:
Make everyday count!!!
2015 Holden Colorado 7
New Age Manta Ray 16'6 Deluxe

Offline Jakster1

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 07:10:41 PM »
Nice purchase there mate! These were high on my list for a new camper but now I've decided to settle on a second hand aussie built soft floor model for about the same money. (When I find the right one)
Make sure you let us know how it is as here isn't much feedback about these things but they do look great
GU Patrol. Lifted Locked and Boosted
 Johnnos offroad deluxe -SOLD
 Dmax dual cab 4x4
 Jayco Eagle Outback

Offline ROONS1234

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 01:07:18 PM »
Thanks sol,
Looking forward to seeing what is on offer during the weekend will be the fist one I've been to,  knowing my luck ill see a better deal then what I got with my new camper :) hope not.
You never know mate we might bump into each other over the weekend its a small world  take care mate.

ROONS

ROONS

Offline ROONS1234

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 01:30:50 PM »
Hi Jakster,

I have checked around aswell there is a few topics that talk abit about the Ecomate but other the the promo sight there's bugger all.
Theres a post that said that they are a branch off from Mod Con Campers, I have herd nothing bad so far other then the no name shocks and toe hitch other then that its all been good.
Jeff has been awesome and helpful threw the hole process and has thrown in a solar kit and new alloys as well, ill give ya the heads up when I receve the new fella next week and give ya a run threw aswell, I'm still waiting on derlivery sometime next week its driving me crazzy lol :)
talk later mate.

Regards,

ROONS
ROONS

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 02:38:05 PM »
Congratulations mate, i too will hopefully have an Ecomate in my garage soon ( forward fold model)
I will be taking my boys to the show this weekend too but there doesn't appear to be many CT manufacturers attending. From the web site i can only recall MDC, Ozzie Campers, Cub atending.

Its a shame because the one in mackay had a good range of companies including Aussie swag etc. which i would have loved to have seen
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline ROONS1234

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 03:59:09 PM »
Hi wilson,

Congrats mate on your purchase also just wondering did you go through the dealer in Townsville ?, I also check out the forward fold camper, and its not to shabby ether.
I would of went with it also but there is only two of us and I can always buy the extention if the unexpected happens, but even if that happens we still got a few years before upgrades have to take place.
I was mitten with the camper as soon as I saw it so easy to set up, thats what sold me :).
It will be good to here from you once you receve it, if your like me I've already looked at the sight 100 times just to get my fix :)

Regards

ROONS
ROONS

Offline GeckoJK

• Tent User
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 04:59:25 PM »
Congrats mate!

I know the feeling. I get my new FF Ecomate on the 9th June then off on maiden voyage on the 18th. I keep looking at the website as well. Also my new camper will be on display at the Brisbane show. Red ropes, Security, No shoes, No fairy floss fingers allowed. I will be there lol
Deon - 2014 ModCon EcoMate Forward Fold with all the gear! Tugged by a 2012 Gecko JK Shorty with tons of mods! Youtube Channel - www.youtube.com/smadanoed

Offline ROONS1234

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 06:40:50 PM »
Congrats Gecko,
The FF looks like a nice trailer,  I saw it aswell the day I bought the RF.
Its a lot larger then the rear fold but thats due to the box on the front having to be the main suport for the bed, it looks good you'll have to post some info and how you went on you trip.
I will be giving mine a run around the same time due to the misses work commitments, anyway mate good luck and have fun.

Regards,

ROONS
ROONS

Offline wilson79

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 06:54:16 PM »
Hi wilson,

Congrats mate on your purchase also just wondering did you go through the dealer in Townsville ?, I also check out the forward fold camper, and its not to shabby ether.
I would of went with it also but there is only two of us and I can always buy the extention if the unexpected happens, but even if that happens we still got a few years before upgrades have to take place.
I was mitten with the camper as soon as I saw it so easy to set up, thats what sold me :).
It will be good to here from you once you receve it, if your like me I've already looked at the sight 100 times just to get my fix :)

Regards

ROONS

I haven't purchased one as yet hopefully in the next couple of months will see howe kind the tax man is..

Yes i will purchase if Joe in Townsville.
Regards,

Wilson79

My camper, http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=39588.msg711354#msg711354
2014 Ecomate Traveller FF

My Tug, OCT 2016 VDJ200 VX Landcruiser
http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=54907.msg955281#msg955281

Offline ROONS1234

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 07:21:27 PM »
Ok wilson,
If you need any info just let us know mate its been pritty straight forward so far you shouldn't have any problems :)

Have a good one.

Regards,

ROONS
ROONS

Offline GeckoJK

• Tent User
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 07:36:05 PM »
Congrats Gecko,
The FF looks like a nice trailer,  I saw it aswell the day I bought the RF.
Its a lot larger then the rear fold but thats due to the box on the front having to be the main suport for the bed, it looks good you'll have to post some info and how you went on you trip.
I will be giving mine a run around the same time due to the misses work commitments, anyway mate good luck and have fun.

Regards,

ROONS

Will Do! :cheers:
Deon - 2014 ModCon EcoMate Forward Fold with all the gear! Tugged by a 2012 Gecko JK Shorty with tons of mods! Youtube Channel - www.youtube.com/smadanoed