Author Topic: Jayco 2014 updates/changes  (Read 33815 times)

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Jayco 2014 updates/changes
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 07:28:37 PM »
Independent gives a better ride for the stuff you have in the trailer and behaves better as a tow vehicle. 

I've had both and would say they are on par. A properly setup suspension regardless of what it is will get your eggs to their destination intact.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Swan2014

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 07:32:57 PM »
Kakadu bed ends???

yeah just better quality bed end flys than stanard ones, maybe it's a brisbane camperland thing
Say it, Don't spray it!
2015 sr5 toyota hilux
2014 jayco swan outback

Offline Swan2014

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 07:47:18 PM »
not to sure on the tyres comment, having seen jayco build quality I hope the IND susp is not made by them  ;D ;D ;D  I really like jayco as the product is well positioned in the price point and is good value for money ..but if they up and up the price I think they will become less value for money.

Just out of curiosity what car will you be towing it with offroad.

Anyway congrats  ;D  on your new purchase, be good to see some pics of the new model once out   

Jet ;D

Hey guys,

As for tyres chewing out more on single axel setup, it was on a discovery channel on different suspension show there made and how they perform,  As for the tug, I've got a 1995 turbo diesel 80 series landcruiser.  pics will come as it lands
Say it, Don't spray it!
2015 sr5 toyota hilux
2014 jayco swan outback

Offline Lauren B

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 09:19:58 PM »

Hi LaurenB
I have a Hawk, which is the same size as Eagle, different layout.
Re the kids bed, The Eagle/Hawk have the double bed at 4ft, and the swan's double bed is 4ft 6. so a bit bigger.  This won't really matter now, but when kids get a bit older, they will appreciate the larger double bed at their end.
Resale appears relative, given the higher initial cost of the swan.  My 2011 (Jan) Hawk OB was $23.5k new (last of 2010 dealer stock), and I'm pretty sure I could get close to that back selling it nearly 3yrs down the track.
Also, If you intend to store the camper undercover, make sure the longer swan will fit :D

:cheers:

Thanks nutto!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »
Coil springs??? on the simplicity independent suspension?

I thought it was still leaves, just on independent axles.
Happy to be corrected on this though......

Also in regards to drawbar......Definitely go for the extended bar.
It is very helpful not having to unhitch when you set up. You can leave it attached and still get in and out the back of the car. :D

We have a hawk that is now 4.5 years old and its the best thing we ever bought.
We can survive a month in it comfortably.

Just a tip for the outdoor shower..............Watch how long the kids showers are when you aren't on town supply......
You can chew through 50 litres pretty quickly.
We put our shower water in a 7 litre bucket that way your shower time is restricted.
Also invest in a quality water filter (clarence valley filters have good ones) It takes the plastic taste out.... Plenty threads about it on here.

If the new Jayco's look good we may even upgrade.......
Anyone wanna buy a 2009 with heaps of extra's???  ;D

Cheers and hoping you love it as much as we love ours.
Brian
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline Swan2014

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2013, 06:05:44 PM »
Coil springs??? on the simplicity independent suspension?

I thought it was still leaves, just on independent axles.
Happy to be corrected on this though......

Also in regards to drawbar......Definitely go for the extended bar.
It is very helpful not having to unhitch when you set up. You can leave it attached and still get in and out the back of the car. :D

We have a hawk that is now 4.5 years old and its the best thing we ever bought.
We can survive a month in it comfortably.

Just a tip for the outdoor shower..............Watch how long the kids showers are when you aren't on town supply......
You can chew through 50 litres pretty quickly.
We put our shower water in a 7 litre bucket that way your shower time is restricted.
Also invest in a quality water filter (clarence valley filters have good ones) It takes the plastic taste out.... Plenty threads about it on here.

If the new Jayco's look good we may even upgrade.......
Anyone wanna buy a 2009 with heaps of extra's???  ;D

Cheers and hoping you love it as much as we love ours.
Brian

Hey Brian,

Thanks for tips.  The new suspension isn't simplicity suspension, it's one jayco have being working on and testing for 2 year.  The only info I could find out from dealer is that it will be a coil suspension.  Yeah I think I'll get the extended draw bar, depending on cost.

swan2014

Say it, Don't spray it!
2015 sr5 toyota hilux
2014 jayco swan outback

Offline Topender

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 12:27:22 AM »
Hey Brian,

Thanks for tips.  The new suspension isn't simplicity suspension, it's one jayco have being working on and testing for 2 year.  The only info I could find out from dealer is that it will be a coil suspension.  Yeah I think I'll get the extended draw bar, depending on cost.

swan2014

It depends on the tow vehicle, but we have no troubles leaving the camper connected to out vehicle and setting up for overnighters. You just need to remember to get anything out of the boot although on ours you can still open it quite a bit when everything is up.  We chose to not get the extended drawbar so we can fit it into our garage and lock it away.  With the extension it would not have fitted and honestly it tows much better than 90% of the trailers I tow regularly for work purposes and that's both forwards and reversing. My 2 cents anyway.  Ours is a 2012 with standard 2 tonne axle, not independent and obviously standard drawbar.

Dave
Nissan X-trail TL dci & 2012 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline Swan2014

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 07:20:17 PM »
It depends on the tow vehicle, but we have no troubles leaving the camper connected to out vehicle and setting up for overnighters. You just need to remember to get anything out of the boot although on ours you can still open it quite a bit when everything is up.  We chose to not get the extended drawbar so we can fit it into our garage and lock it away.  With the extension it would not have fitted and honestly it tows much better than 90% of the trailers I tow regularly for work purposes and that's both forwards and reversing. My 2 cents anyway.  Ours is a 2012 with standard 2 tonne axle, not independent and obviously standard drawbar.

Dave

Thanks Dave,  yeah we have decided to go standard,  We will be mainly doing caravan parks (have to take car off), and beach camping ( where we will do day driving for fishing ect).  As well as my waeco will live in the car and would be a pain getting to it with van hooked up. After reading your post I went and measured the shed (which I hadn't thought about) with the extra long draw bar I'd have to take the spare wheel off to fit it in (pain in the arse).

swan2014
Say it, Don't spray it!
2015 sr5 toyota hilux
2014 jayco swan outback

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2013, 09:38:48 PM »
 Yep we left our drawbar standard because we also wanted it in garage
Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline Topender

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2013, 10:18:38 PM »
Thanks Dave,  yeah we have decided to go standard,  We will be mainly doing caravan parks (have to take car off), and beach camping ( where we will do day driving for fishing ect).  As well as my waeco will live in the car and would be a pain getting to it with van hooked up. After reading your post I went and measured the shed (which I hadn't thought about) with the extra long draw bar I'd have to take the spare wheel off to fit it in (pain in the arse).

swan2014

No worries, thought I would put it out there regarding the garage. We were looking at extended until I got out the tape and like you said the spare would have to come off.  As it is we turn ours and put it in drawbar first so we can access the camper in the garage.  would hate to have to take the spare off every time too.

Dave
Nissan X-trail TL dci & 2012 Jayco Outback Swan

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2013, 10:09:27 AM »
Update on the changes now confirmed by jayco for the OUTBACK range.

New moulding front and rear - not sure what colour yet.
No options on floor covering - one size fits all.
New range of colour choices for internal cushions, backs etc. (A bit drab, IMHO but each to their own)
The obvious previously discussed independent suspension. All Alko bits and set up to accept Alko ESC (which is just plain brilliant!) And its coil sprung with rubber dampers as well.
Leds throughout.
Solar wiring standard
External gas bayonet standard
Drop jacks standard
Inner spring mattresses standard
Double powerpoint added to end of benches standard
100AH battery standard.

And of course water tank, and all the previous things all standard still stay.......
Looks like good value to me....

Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline Dice

• Swag User
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2013, 11:10:39 AM »
Leds throughout.
Solar wiring standard
Drop jacks standard

These items were all standard on the 2013 outback models as well, when we were looking late last year the independent suspension was an $1800 option,innerspring
mattress's $600, $300 for battery and $75 for extra powerpoints. Will be looking to upgrade to an expanda next year sometime and most of these extras would have been on the options list to do.
2013 BT50 GT Auto, 2013 Jayco Swan Outback

Offline Swan2014

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 07:27:39 PM »
Update on the changes now confirmed by jayco for the OUTBACK range.

New moulding front and rear - not sure what colour yet.
No options on floor covering - one size fits all.
New range of colour choices for internal cushions, backs etc. (A bit drab, IMHO but each to their own)
The obvious previously discussed independent suspension. All Alko bits and set up to accept Alko ESC (which is just plain brilliant!) And its coil sprung with rubber dampers as well.
Leds throughout.
Solar wiring standard
Drop jacks standard
Inner spring mattresses standard
Double powerpoint added to end of benches standard
100AH battery standard.

And of course water tank, and all the previous things all standard still stay.......
Looks like good value to me....

the wife and I went in and chose the seat colours on Saturday, a lot more choices, but nothing spectacular.  Curtain colours have changed to a lighter colour. 

Very happy with the new standards, very good considering the price rise.

There is also a step insert that is now stanard but don't know what it is.

Ours should be at the dealer by early February, and behind our car end of February, not looking forward to setting up our soft floor camper over Xmas knowing our swan is on the way, but will enjoy packing it up.

swan2014
Say it, Don't spray it!
2015 sr5 toyota hilux
2014 jayco swan outback

Offline Andrea27

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2014, 03:51:13 PM »
We went into Jayco Prestige Geelong yesterday and walked out owning the Swan Outback. Going to count the days until we get her. She rolls off the second camper production on the 9th March. My husband was very impressed with the new suspension. He was able to get under a brand new Silverline that's has the leaf springs, coil and strut set up.

We were actually surprised and how reasonably priced they are. We got:

Hot water service and pump
Innerspring mattresses (now standard)
Water tap on A frame
Gas bayonet on A frame (standard)
Awnings both sides of the van
Prestige Annexe
Prestige bed flys
Extra water tank
Roof rack
Coast to Coast control panel (to monitor batteries and water tanks)
Extra double power point to dining table (now standard)
The new upgraded stove
The independant suspension (now standard on the outback)
100amb battery (now standard)
Trigg hitch
New colours

Drive away fully registered for $30k.

Considering we have been looking to purchase a secondhand which would have cost us between $28 to $30k and then the transfer fees we are really happy.

Prior to picking her up we are going to order the second annexe/storage room. My sister has one on her swan and swears by it. Handy little room for changing the kids with extra privacy. It zips on to the side of the main awning and the main annexe and has a door between the two. But it will cost you a tidy $950.

We are really excited.

I have taken photos of the new standard colours - benches, floors and curtains, only one choice available and our couch colour selections.

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2014, 04:01:24 PM »
The guys down at prestige are great. The in house made bed flies, and awning are top quality products. Very reasonable price with those options

Swannie 

Offline Andrea27

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2014, 04:02:33 PM »
PS - I know the fabric choice is a bit retro 60's but we allowed our 13 year old boy and 11 year old girl to choose the colours. This camper is going to play a major part in our lives and I wanted them to have/feel like they were involved.

Offline Andrea27

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2014, 04:09:52 PM »
Thanks Swannie. We cannot wait. It means shopping shopping shopping for me. We are taking her to Adelaide and Mount Gambier for her shake down when we get her. Then we will off road proof her, using all the tips I have been reading in these threads.

Plan to do a lot of limited off road around the Murray, Barmah etc.

Just out of curiosity has anyone fitted a tinnie to an outback roof. Will have to scour the threads for info.

Offline 02-SR5

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2014, 04:18:05 PM »
Apparently, 2014 Outback models are now fitted with a coil spring independant suspension.
2011 Challenger with some mods

2012 Lifestyle Explorer

Offline Andrea27

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2014, 04:27:03 PM »
Apparently, 2014 Outback models are now fitted with a coil spring independant suspension.

Yes they are now fitted with leaf springs, coils and struts. We looked at the system yesterday, very neat and tidy. Matches what we have had done to our prado which will tow it.

Offline BrindiCruiser

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2014, 04:34:17 PM »
Good price with all those extras. Victorian prices definitely seem the best.
2010 Kia Sorrento, 2013 Outback Swan

Offline Andrea27

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2014, 05:43:21 PM »
Good price with all those extras. Victorian prices definitely seem the best.

I'm guessing if you live outside of Victoria they may also factor transport costs to get it interstate. We are really happy with the price we got. We missed out on one prebuilt for someone else and the sale fell through. It was a 2013 outback swan with everything I mentioned before, plus cd and internal and external speakers. But we still would have had to pay for innerspring mattresses. They were giving it away at Jayco Ballarat for $28.5k. That would have been the bargain of the year.

But I am glad it fell through because of the upgrade to the suspension and the new included extras.

Offline Axl

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2014, 06:38:28 AM »
We went into Jayco Prestige Geelong yesterday and walked out owning the Swan Outback. Going to count the days until we get her. She rolls off the second camper production on the 9th March. My husband was very impressed with the new suspension. He was able to get under a brand new Silverline that's has the leaf springs, coil and strut set up.

We were actually surprised and how reasonably priced they are. We got:

Hot water service and pump
Innerspring mattresses (now standard)
Water tap on A frame
Gas bayonet on A frame (standard)
Awnings both sides of the van
Prestige Annexe
Prestige bed flys
Extra water tank
Roof rack
Coast to Coast control panel (to monitor batteries and water tanks)
Extra double power point to dining table (now standard)
The new upgraded stove
The independant suspension (now standard on the outback)
100amb battery (now standard)
Trigg hitch
New colours

Drive away fully registered for $30k.

Considering we have been looking to purchase a secondhand which would have cost us between $28 to $30k and then the transfer fees we are really happy.

Prior to picking her up we are going to order the second annexe/storage room. My sister has one on her swan and swears by it. Handy little room for changing the kids with extra privacy. It zips on to the side of the main awning and the main annexe and has a door between the two. But it will cost you a tidy $950.

We are really excited.

I have taken photos of the new standard colours - benches, floors and curtains, only one choice available and our couch colour selections.

That is an unreal price for what you have mentioned. I reckon to get the same form Brisbane camperland you would be looking at 35-37k, I hope to order a Flamingo later in the year and it may be cheaper to order it from Melbourne and go down to pick it up.
Cheers Axl

2010 14.44.3 OB Jayco Expanda
2018 Dual Cab LS-M Isuzu D-max
2013 Lifestyle Camper Trailers Explorer (Sold)

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2014, 07:49:53 AM »
That would be your best bet.

Swannie

Offline Andrea27

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2014, 09:10:07 AM »
That is an unreal price for what you have mentioned. I reckon to get the same form Brisbane camperland you would be looking at 35-37k, I hope to order a Flamingo later in the year and it may be cheaper to order it from Melbourne and go down to pick it up.

Axl, even with your fuel costs you would still save a tidy sum by coming to get it. The guys at Jayco Prestige Geelong were amazing. We told them what we wanted and what our budget was like originally only wanted to spend 29. But given that a lot of last years options are now standard it the 2014, it allowed us to add a few extras without totally blowing the budget.

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2014, 09:13:01 AM »
Axl, even with your fuel costs you would still save a tidy sum by coming to get it. The guys at Jayco Prestige Geelong were amazing. We told them what we wanted and what our budget was like originally only wanted to spend 29. But given that a lot of last years options are now standard it the 2014, it allowed us to add a few extras without totally blowing the budget.

Did you consider aircon?
Swannie