Author Topic: Waeco CR110 fridge queries / concerns  (Read 4319 times)

Offline Fly Fisher

• Swag User
Waeco CR110 fridge queries / concerns
« on: June 11, 2013, 03:55:28 PM »
I have a few questions for all of the waeco cr110 fridge owners out there. I picked up our brand new Jayco dove last week and took it away for the long weekend. I opted for the waeco over the dometic fridge. 

Now with a good quality thermometer in the fridge reading the temperature, I need to have the fridge on #6 out of 7 (7 being the coldest) for the fridge temp to be around 2-4 degrees.

On #6 it cuts out at 1.4 and cuts in at 4.8 and the freezer compartment cuts in at -1.2 and cuts out at -28

Now my concerns are the fact that I need to have it on #6 when the ambient temperature is only about 10-12 degrees. How is it going to be when the ambient temperature is 35 degrees or hotter?

I ran the fridge on #3 this morning and could only manage to get the fridge down to about 7-8 degrees.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Waeco CR110 fridge queries / concerns
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 04:09:02 PM »
How long did you have it running for as i find with most compressor fridges and my waeco 80l in particular i need to get it up and running for 3 days BEFORE i leave and then it seems to hit max efficiency
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Fly Fisher

• Swag User
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 04:44:57 PM »
I have had it running for around 48 hours now.
3 days seems a long time but I will leave it running and see if the fridge temp drops.

Thanks

Offline gadgetman

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • I wanna be a kid again.....
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 05:14:28 PM »
Give this guy a call or email at Waeco.  He is the technical officer and has responded to my queries in the past.

Would be interested to hear what he says

nick.logan@dometic.com

Nick Logan
Technical Officer
Dometic Australia Pty Ltd
1 John Duncan Court,
Varsity Lakes, QLD 4227, Australia
Phone: +61 (7) 5507 6040
Fax Phone: +61 (0)7 5507 6050
Rob

2004 NP Pajero DiD,
2011 Swan Outback

Offline Fly Fisher

• Swag User
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 05:20:58 PM »
Thanks Rob,

I'll shoot him an email.

Cheers

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 07:33:04 PM »
I have the same fridge and I've just sent him an email as well..

I used to run mine on setting 6, but now run it on 4..
I don't use a thermometer any more as like you , it was all over the place..
The beers are always nice and cold ( but not icy cold as I like them ), so I figure every thing else is OK as well !!

In hot weather it will run for a LOT of the time, but still seems to keep the things cold.
In cold weather it cycles very good, but I've noticed the freezer has let a few things thaw out ???

If I had the room and my time again, it would have been ditched in favour of a chest style fridge..
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Fly Fisher

• Swag User
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »
I only read good things about the fridge, that's the main reason I opted for one. Hopefully it's not a big issue.

Macca357

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 09:05:40 PM »
Hi Fly Fisher, I have the same fridge in my 2011 OB Hawk. I run it at 6 on the dial in sub 10 degree temps and 35+ degree temps. Never had any problems. The thermometer normally runs between 2 degrees and 4 degrees in the fridge. No doubt there will be some variation depending on where the thermometer is placed. I have 2 thermometers, one on the inside of the door and another at the back, down low in the fridge. I agree with your concern re having to run it at 6 but it works fine and has been reliable. For the use that I have put it to I am very happy with the Waeco.

:cheers: Macca.

Offline gadgetman

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • I wanna be a kid again.....
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 10:22:48 PM »
Have a read of this thread from the caravanners forum. They rabbit on a bit but the gist was that as a tropical fridge, it works better in warmer rather than cooler climates.

It may not apply to you but it's an interesting read.  I have a problem with mine at the moment in that after 30 degrees, the compressor never switches off which is a bugger when I'm on battery power.  I spoke to Waeco and they suggested it was a  gas leak.  I have sent it into an authorised agent today to find out. But getting back to your issue, here's that link:

http://caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7027&hilit=cr110
Rob

2004 NP Pajero DiD,
2011 Swan Outback

Offline Fly Fisher

• Swag User
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 09:13:54 AM »
Well I was thinking it might be some what normal for these to run on number 6 although it does seem a bit odd. It will be interesting to see if the email I sent to the waeco tech. reveals anything different. Thanks for the input so far.