Author Topic: Vehicle Components Workshop Tour  (Read 1745 times)

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
Vehicle Components Workshop Tour
« on: May 02, 2013, 08:47:18 AM »
i had the opportunity to tour Vehicle Components Workshop.............very interesting to say the least. They had 3 or 4 staff on hand to answer technical questions and provided a BBQ.

What impressed us was the R&D they do for each component they make. We also go to check out the two test trailers they have for the Annual R&D trip, i didn't realises they monitor everything you can think of on the suspension.........

i run their leaf springs and and the DO35 hitch.......i walked away after a couple of discussion and am prety happy that i don't need shocks for my leaf set up

the best part of the night was meeting Arthur Goddard......one of the best documentry's i have watched. at 92 years of age Arthur still goes to work everyday and is involved in the developement of suspension components for our CT and caravans.

http://www.vehiclecomponents.com.au/about-us/arthur-goddard

Offline Finners

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Sampling perfect tracks - racetrack or 4WD!
Re: Vehicle Components Workshop Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 01:56:10 PM »
Thx for sharing.

Aussie engineering innovation and a (too infrequent) on-shore manufacturing success story. Inspirational stuff.  :cup:

I fear their intellectual property has already been 'borrowed' offshore and we'll increasingly see chinese trailers with independent suspension options, courtesy of VC's IP! Hoping I'm wrong, or they've got good patents & lawyers  >:D

- Finners

2012 Complete Campsite Fraser hard floor | 2012 Ford Ranger dual cab XLT 3.2 manual + too many mods - including nut behind wheel ;p

Offline Cruisemaster

• Tent User
    • Vehicle Components Website
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 06:12:20 PM »
Thanks guys for the kind words - we work hard to produce what we think are the best products on the market.

We have done a number of evening sessions for groups such as 4x4 clubs so if any body is interested in getting a team together please pm me.

Fortunately the imported copies that we have seen and tested have not been to the same standard as the original product. We will continue to design, test and manufacture here in Australia for as long as we can and we thank those of you who have supported us over the years.

In a weeks time we are off on this years Rat Run to test a new suspension product we have been working on over the last couple of years.
The Independent One

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 06:26:28 PM »
If you need something tested to the maximum, when we have musters, that puts vehicles through stress and strain that most would never even experience, especially around here.
Regards
Tjupurula