26-30 years old
31-35 years old
36-40 years old
41-45 years old
46-50 years old
51-55 years old
56-60 years old
Newby, just start
Too many years have passed, too old and can't remember. I do remember Captain Cook though....:-)

Author Topic: How old is every one and what age did you get into the 4x4 and camping scene  (Read 24676 times)

Offline Weller

• Sleeping Bag User
As i I said above I'm quite interested in finding out the average ages because I am quite young and I love 4x4 and camping

Offline firecracker

• Tent User
Well I'm bloooomin old and i've loved 4x4s for a long long time, and camping, the camping got put on hold when i got married, but luckily my daughter loves 4x4 camping so we go as much as possible. :cup:
D3 HSE, Compomotive18"275x65 Cooper ATs, Sumpguard, GVNP.rods, Prospeed tree sliders, Brembo 4pot
Out laning/camping when i can.(ongoing trailer build)

Offline Toy pradopetty

• Tent User
36 and been camping since 15 and 4bing since 17

Cheers
Frank

Offline britts

• Soft Floor Camper User
38, Camped since I was a kid, 4x4's in the last 15 yrs on and off.

Offline 1HDT

• Tent User

4WDing - 2 weeks old  :D (I am told, in a steel framed bouncer in the back of a FJ40...got to love 70's safety standards)
Camping - 6 months old

I would have to say though I would be no more passionate than the next bloke who has been camping for 12 months. Certainly an activity that anyone can participate in.

Offline fishfinder

• Hard Floor Camper User
came here with the first settlers as a teenager as there was no houses built back then I had to make do with an old torn sail and have done so ever since took up 4wd'ing when my last vehicle was carved up for dog meat
2004 Jayco Eagle Outback - 1999 Toyota Prado Snowy

Offline JCAT

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Live for today, you may not be here tomorrow.

Went hiking once at school, camping once with my parents(they hated it and wouldn't go again).

Then when I turned 18 my wife and I started going camping for most holidays as it was fun and affordable. Started hiking together and never looked back.

Didn't start 4WDing until we purchased the Prado in 2010. I will never be without a 4WD again, we'll not until I'm too old to drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2018 Prado GXL
2017 Vista Crossover XL

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
came here with the first settlers as a teenager as there was no houses built back then I had to make do with an old torn sail and have done so ever since took up 4wd'ing when my last vehicle was carved up for dog meat

Don't laugh... He really is that old!

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.

First Double Differ at age 25, had one ever since.

Hiking the Great Divide for work and pleasure since 17.

:cheers:
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
Don't laugh... He really is that old!

Unlike me who is just a spring chicken :)

Never too young or old to start, get out there and enjoy it.
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Crisp Image

• Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again!
  • Hard Floor Camper User
currently 44.
Camping long time but not as often as I have in the alst few years since getting the camper.
Been driving 4wd for 26 years at work but purchased my own in 2010. Love it.
Regards
Crispy

2008 Outback Sturt, 2010 Prado 150 D4D Tug

Offline MIC78C

• "Lock the hubs, and hold it flat"
  • Swag User
35yo
Grew up on a farm, so our vehicles were always 4WD's. I still have the 60 series Cruiser my parents bought brand new in 1981.
Fishing and camping all my life.
Grew up camping in a tent, got my first swag when I was 20, Stretcher at 30, now I have a wife and 2 young boys, so we are back in a big cabin tent. We pick our new camper trailer up on Thursday and will head to Fraser Island on Friday. :)
Cheers,
Mick

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
36, started camping at about 10 in cub scouts. Got my first fourby about 19 an MQ patrol SWB. Loved camping and the bush ever since
Swannie
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline geopaj

• Soft Floor Camper User
36 years old (which appears to be a very popular age here!)

Started camping as a child with family and have always loved camping but only got my first 4wd about 7yrs ago. Also did plenty of caming as Cub, Scout, Venturer, Rover, & Leader.

I have also introduced my kids to camping at an early age (my oldest was 10mth old and old crawling when he first went camping)
NT Pajero VRX (My build - https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=47893 )

Sar Major Camper Trailer (My Build - http://www.myswag )

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
I'm 57, been camping since I was 14.
Started driving through the Vic Alps in my beetle almost 20 years ago.  ;D
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline 03hilux

• Tent User
Im 37yo

We came out from the U.K in 1979. Within 6 months my parents bought a yatch, and we spent almost every weekend either on the boat, or camping.
Ive been with my wife for 20 years, and although she would come and stay on the boat, she wouldnt camp until 3 years ago.
I have been 4wding with mates on and off for about 15 years, but only got my own 4 years ago.

I would give up my left nut before i give up my love for the outdoors.

crackacoldie

I am 40, started camping as a child of 4, did lots throught he scouting movement.  Bought my first 4wd in 2005.

:cheers: Cracka

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den

It really is inappropriate to ask a ladies age ... but since I'm no Lady (I'm a sheila) ... 43.  Been camping & passengering in 4wd's since my dad was young!  Apparently I did my first hike about then too. 

Kit_e
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline Bunyip

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lucky to have such a supportive SWMBO as LB
39 years old (and feeling around 70 at the moment)

Been camping and 4wding for the last 10+ years.

If I wasn't a fat old bastard I would do more hiking, I love walking just get too tired too quickly now  :-[

Bunyip
2002 Landcruiser GXV

Offline Weller

• Sleeping Bag User
I am 21,
 I haven't had any great 4x4 experience yet the majority of my 4x4 has been local salt lakes and a few hills near by. I am planning to get further into it when my pathfinder is once again running and I can afford the lift kit bulbar and winch. I love fishing so I have done about 8 or 9 hours in total of beach driving. As a kid my father and I used to go camping 1 or 2 times a year up until he fell ill most of this was done In a vs ute with bench seats. Now that he has passed away I am planning a 4x4 camping trip to all the places we went including but not limited to Esperance, hope toun, marble bar, Gascoyn junction, canarvon, sharks bay, monkey Mia, a really big rock In north wa. And a few other memorable places. I will probably head south from kalgoorlie through Esperance, hopetoun, onto Albany and around the west coast.

Marschy

24 x 2 (48). Camping is some of my earliest memories.

Grand folks lived in Culburra SA, so it was only a short drive to the Coorong. Uncle lived in Millicent, so trips to Robe, Beachport and SE South Oz were a common occurrence every year. From a family of 5 kids, but we still managed to afford to go on a holiday every year.

My old man had a Hartley half cabin that we used to use on the Murray and Outer Harbour. Have done camping trips along most of the length of the Murray in SA from the mouth up to Renmark. We used to go on long weekends trips. The old man would punt along the river, pick a spot for the night at an appropriate spot on the bank. He used to organize a bus trip from one of the towns to go back and pick up the car and trailer while us 3 boys waited for him in the boat, and after an anxious wait, we'd put the boat back on the trailer and head home.

Used to catch all sorts of fish in the Murray back then, particularly cat fish. Christ the Murray has changed since I was a kid.  Used to be mile after mile of unspoilt river, now there is irrigation everywhere.

Offline Wallon

• Learning the Ropes
50  :D
Have been camping since I was 2 in the middle of Africa (Belgium Congo) Dad and I would go hunting in the plain, I was in the back of an old Willys, those are great memories.
Since arriving in Australia 1991 we have been out almost every holiday and always had a 4x4. Fraser Island, Red Centre, Kimberleys etc....
What a great Country we have
Cheers,
Thierry

Offline Proudy

• Soft Floor Camper User
39 been camp since I can remember 4wding from about 1998
Landcruiser 76 with lots of fruit

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Grew up in the bush, been camping since I was three, the Green machine taught me to hike and 4WD proper at 17 .. been doing it ever since , although with a lot more comforts and a family in tow nowadays... just broke the the half ton in age and got a 5 yro to pass all the bush craft and driving skills to keep me young  .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline StrvnMrvn

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • I get payed to go camping!!
36 and started about 14 years ago with work, but only just got my first 4x4 and CT!!

:cheers:

Strvy
Cheers

Strvy