Author Topic: Onix TV Remote  (Read 5690 times)

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
Onix TV Remote
« on: March 03, 2013, 02:48:05 PM »
G'day all,

I'm going out on a limb here, but thought it's worth a shot to ask on here.

I've got an ONIX LCD TV (Model # OC-42LH1) i bought it new from the late WOW Sight n Sound, anyway the remote has died...... I have called the service number on the back of the TV, which puts me through to Tempo Aust Pty Ltd, they tell me they no longer stock the remotes (no longer available).
I have tried a couple of Universal Remotes including the One For All Essence 4 and also now the Logitech Harmony 650, both remotes partly work however fail to operate some of the basic volume and chanel change functions.

Can anyone tell me where i can try in order to find myself a replacement of the original remote.....???

With this rainy weather, and no chance of getting away, a bloke is going mad with no telly as well!!!
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: Onix TV Remote
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »
With the Logitech Harmony One, you can program the controller settings to make the not working functions work.
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline Barrabart

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 04:19:43 PM »
G'day D4D,

Yeah you are supposed to be able to do this with this unit i have, Harmony 650, comes with usb port and software etc......... have been back and forth trying to get it sorted, but still no luck. The TV i have is not in it's pre saved settings when you first start the programming.

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 06:32:07 AM »
Mate, I have 2 neighbours that bought replacement remotes for their TV's. If you try a local TV repair shop - not sure if you have one where you are or you have to try a regional centre.

Anyway, all they had to do was quote the TV make, model, type, serial # plus the info from the original remote. $45 and a week or two later they had their new one.
2019 BT50 with custom canopy and lots of fruit. Towing a 2014 Lotus Freelander [welcome to the dark side]

Offline Barrabart

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 07:01:12 AM »
Mate, I have 2 neighbours that bought replacement remotes for their TV's. If you try a local TV repair shop - not sure if you have one where you are or you have to try a regional centre.

Anyway, all they had to do was quote the TV make, model, type, serial # plus the info from the original remote. $45 and a week or two later they had their new one.

Thanks mate, i'll give that a go.