Author Topic: Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust  (Read 173041 times)

Offline loomis

• Learning the Ropes
Re: Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2012, 07:30:20 PM »
Hello all,

My name is Leigh, and I run a small canvas manufacturing business in Jimboomba. We mainly do Camper Trailer tents for different companies throughout Australia. For a short time earlier in the year, I was manufacturing the tents for Jimboomba Camper Trailers. The saying is "to truly know someone, is to work for them"...well this is true. It only took a few weeks for Terry and Sue to reveal their true colours. It looks like the $3000.00 they owe me is long gone now. After hearing the reports of people who have been badly burnt by these mongrels, I definitely got off easy. I feel deeply for those affected, and hope that a good outcome is reached. There is a LOT of debt involved with Jimboomba Campers, so stay positive and fight for what is yours.

Its actually scary as to how two people could let it get that bad. But when I hear the stories of them taking deposits and payments only weeks ago, then that says alot about their character and lack of morals. Terry and Sue have not been seen in town for a while now, and I dare say they wont be for a while either. I do know a few that are thinking lynch mob justice.

You watch though........they'll be back.

Not in Jimboomba they wont! Or anywhere else for that matter. If they do decide to "pop up" at a later date with a fresh, new company, there will be many who will make life very hard for them.

Leigh.

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #276 on: November 29, 2012, 07:45:02 PM »
Tar & feathers was the traditional method of dealing with charlatans and carpetbaggers.

I bet he would get short shrift on building sites if he was exposed for what he is!
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #277 on: November 29, 2012, 08:11:19 PM »
Quote from: loomis
I do know a few that are thinking lynch mob justice.
Good

and they are no doubt watching this thread pissing their pants laughing at the poor ****s that have lost their years of savings
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline luke07

• Swag User
  • Very lucky camper...follow me campers all the way!
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2012, 09:49:23 PM »
Oh I hope they never work in any sort of business again! They knew exactly what they were doing for sure, especially if terry has been working else where. And from rumours they have taken off somewhere.

Tim, I'm so sorry they did that to you. That is truly horrible! We live in townsville too and I flew down there just to see them and Organise our camper with them! Now we are $9000 lost and no camper (and they have $20!). But they probably get to keep there house!! I hope somehow you do get your money back or something. It just sucks! Are you flying to the meeting? We are doing it via phone, couldn't waste more money at them!
Looking forward to getting my follow me camper!

Offline luke07

• Swag User
« Reply #279 on: November 29, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
Hello all,

My name is Leigh, and I run a small canvas manufacturing business in Jimboomba. We mainly do Camper Trailer tents for different companies throughout Australia. For a short time earlier in the year, I was manufacturing the tents for Jimboomba Camper Trailers. The saying is "to truly know someone, is to work for them"...well this is true. It only took a few weeks for Terry and Sue to reveal their true colours. It looks like the $3000.00 they owe me is long gone now. After hearing the reports of people who have been badly burnt by these mongrels, I definitely got off easy. I feel deeply for those affected, and hope that a good outcome is reached. There is a LOT of debt involved with Jimboomba Campers, so stay positive and fight for what is yours.

Its actually scary as to how two people could let it get that bad. But when I hear the stories of them taking deposits and payments only weeks ago, then that says alot about their character and lack of morals. Terry and Sue have not been seen in town for a while now, and I dare say they wont be for a while either. I do know a few that are thinking lynch mob justice.

Not in Jimboomba they wont! Or anywhere else for that matter. If they do decide to "pop up" at a later date with a fresh, new company, there will be many who will make life very hard for them.

Leigh.

Oh Leigh so would you be the company they lied about and said went bust and caused them all sorts of dramas. (That's what they were telling all there customers). I hope we all get justice cause its not fair that they can do this and do it knowingly and get away with it!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2012, 10:01:57 PM »
Nobody deserves this to happen to them. - let me get that straight off the bat...

BUT

Harsh Reality Time:

Any customer who is holding out thinking they are going to get anything out of this I feel really is wasting their time and giving themselves ulcers and high bloodpressure for no gain

Sorry but if these arseholes have $20.00 in the bank, they been planning this for months.

Getting your hopes up is only going to lead to further pain and suffering and cause you health issues when it all crashes down..

Would you feel better getting $10.00 back -= thats if your VERY VERY lucky...?

Sorry, thats how I see it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:20:32 PM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #281 on: November 29, 2012, 10:45:27 PM »
Nobody deserves this to happen to them. - let me get that straight off the bat...

BUT

Harsh Reality Time:

Any customer who is holding out thinking they are going to get anything out of this I feel really is wasting their time and giving themselves ulcers and high bloodpressure for no gain

Sorry but if these arseholes have $20.00 in the bank, they been planning this for months.

Getting your hopes up is only going to lead to further pain and suffering and cause you health issues when it all crashes down..

Would you feel better getting $10.00 back -= thats if your VERY VERY lucky...?

Sorry, thats how I see it.

I agree.  In my experience IF they were a PTY LTD and the directors were the husband and wife it would have no doubt been a $2 company as such. If it is voluntary administration they will no doubt try to get the majority of creditors to accept a company deed of arrangement which will be some stupid offer.
If this happens they avoid personal bankruptcy as a rule and are pretty much free to trade another day under a different name :(

I really do feel for the people who are effected financially. I hope there is some sort of assets or net $$$ left over after all the BS administration jargon to at least give the creditors something.

I dont know any of the facts and I havent read the whole thread so i am putting a few assumptions out there.
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline loomis

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #282 on: November 30, 2012, 07:04:35 AM »
Oh Leigh so would you be the company they lied about and said went bust and caused them all sorts of dramas. (That's what they were telling all there customers). I hope we all get justice cause its not fair that they can do this and do it knowingly and get away with it!

I havent been doing their tents for a few months now. As I said in my original post, they were not pleasant people to work with/for so I decided the $$ was not worth the crap that came along with it. When I first went to see them (after they approached me!) I was told that their previous canvas machinist had turned up one morning and announced that he was retiring...then and there! This left Terry & Sue in a bind and thats when they approached me. After I stopped doing their tents, I discovered that the previous canvas machinist did not walk in and 'retire'...rather he walked in and told them to "stick it up their @#$@#%".

I havent heard of any other canvas manufacturers going bust (we tend to know each other, as its a small industry), so I can safely say that they were telling porky pies on that one. Maybe they got the idea from their personal experiences!

In regards to what "Lost" wrote...I am afraid I agree. If you see the list of debts Terry and Sue have tallied up, its down right scary. The largest debt is to the Australia Tax Office. They will, of course, take the first cut of any funds that are paid to creditors. But as it stands, the ATO debt alone is 4-5 times their asset total.

The next largest debt is a secured loan. This isnt a small loan either.

By the time it comes down to the customers and people like myself (contract suppliers), there wont be much/any money left.

Leigh.

Offline luke07

• Swag User
« Reply #283 on: November 30, 2012, 07:26:58 AM »
There won't even be enough money to pay there tax debt let alone us!  I don't understand how the government can let them not pay a bill for so long. We have had to pay tax for the past 2 years due to a property and always paid on time but we he a letter every year wanting us to pay installments! How can they get away with this!! Seems like the past two years have been a total lie from them!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2012, 09:06:15 AM »
Quote from: loomis
If you see the list of debts Terry and Sue have tallied up, its down right scary. The largest debt is to the Australia Tax Office. But as it stands, the ATO debt alone is 4-5 times their asset total.

The next largest debt is a secured loan. This isnt a small loan either.
Just when you thought it couldnt get any worse... After reading this, I wouldnt bother waking up for the creditors meeting.

The website is still taking orders...

Hmm... slow day.. might play
http://www.jimboombacampertrailers.com.au:2082/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:15:14 AM by Lost »
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Ozzie Campers

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #285 on: November 30, 2012, 09:49:01 AM »
You are right "Lost". I'm not bothering to go to the meeting. I would rather have the Federal Police involved :police:. What they have done is criminal and I would like to see justice done but we have to accept that the money is gone.

Offline Jenko67

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #286 on: November 30, 2012, 10:15:27 AM »
Why is it always the customers who miss out.... ^&%$#@*(&^^% JOKE!!!!!

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #287 on: November 30, 2012, 10:32:44 AM »
About the only form of 'justice' that is left for those who have been stung to hope for is that these b@st@rds will lose their house and end up on the bones of their @rses.
Frankly even that is too good for them, but at least it would be something approaching 'karma'.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »
Hmmmmmmm...... their house is empty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverse_possession
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline bushbandit

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Oh To Be On The Wallaby
« Reply #289 on: November 30, 2012, 10:50:13 AM »
I meet Terry 2 years ago out at Wellington Caves,as i spotted his landcruiser and what caught my eye was the way the rear of the tray had been heavily modifed with alloy ,with enclosures ,compartments ,battery areas ,fridge areas etc etc.

Id say that would have to be close to $40,000

Sell that and pay back some little guys
2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLR 4x4
2015 Jayco Swift Outback

Offline evolution

• Pain is just weakness leaving the body
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #290 on: November 30, 2012, 11:04:57 AM »
The question I have, Is how many "little guys" have had their savings stolen from them?
Im sure that not everyone that has been affected has spoken up on here.

How many people have been lied too, had money stolen from them, had their dreams SMASHED by these FERALS!!!

I know there are many people that would love to hand out a form of "dead ground justice" but that would only serve to get oneself in trouble.
SURELY due to stealing (fraud), criminal charges can be laid? then any personal assets that are owned could be taken and sold off as proceeds of crime?
then surely the victims could be compensated?

I know its all easier said than done, but these people DESERVE to be thrown in jail!!

Anyway I really do hope all will work out in the end for all concerned, and again a big thumbs up to the great guys on here offering to help.

Cheers
Evo

Owner at Regional Campers
Explore a different world!

Offline loomis

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #291 on: November 30, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »
I just got off the phone from the agency handling the insolvency. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here goes.

1) Terry & Sue, at this stage, will not be offering creditors a deed of solvency. For those who dont know, this is a payment plan type setup, that normally results in the creditors getting more money back. Unless Terry & Sue change their minds, this will not be happening.

As a result of this...

2) The company will go into liquidation. From here the creditors get paid out in a certain order. Secured creditors first, then unsecured creditors, and then the customers. How much they get paid (cents in the dollar) is undetermined at this point. The Australian Tax Office is an unsecured creditor now (the law changed a while back).

Simone (Agency handling the solvency) was very upfront with some things, and her immediate thoughts are this...

By the time it gets to the customers turn for receiving payouts, there will be no money left to payout. So basically, contract employees and customers will get nothing. Even if there was some money left to pay out to the customers and such, it would be split up evenly between all at something around the 20c in the dollar. I hate telling you all this, but at least now you may have a better idea on where you stand, and what is happening.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and I hope you dont shoot the messenger.

Leigh.

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #292 on: November 30, 2012, 11:13:38 AM »
Hmmmmmmm...... their house is empty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverse_possession

Adverse possession is 30 years in Victoria.  Was previously 15 years.
However, it would be good if someone was to commence the process I guess.

Likewise, find out their vehicle rego and attempt to register a lien on it.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #293 on: November 30, 2012, 12:09:13 PM »
Adverse possession is 30 years in Victoria.  Was previously 15 years.
However, it would be good if someone was to commence the process I guess.

Likewise, find out their vehicle rego and attempt to register a lien on it.
this one from their video off their site? Did they have a cut down Dualcab GQ Ute?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
Just heard that Jimboomba campers have gone bust
« Reply #294 on: November 30, 2012, 12:14:05 PM »
You are right "Lost". I'm not bothering to go to the meeting. I would rather have the Federal Police involved :police:. What they have done is criminal and I would like to see justice done but we have to accept that the money is gone.

The AFP will only investigate if it passes an assessment by their ops monitoring centre under heir referral system. There is a link on their website. I doubt they would accept it as a referral sadly.

My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #295 on: November 30, 2012, 01:25:37 PM »
this one from their video off their site? Did they have a cut down Dualcab GQ Ute?

Seeing as how the pic is posted on their web site re-posting it here is hardly a breach of n@nny "priv@cy' l@ws  :police:, so hopefully it will be left here for those with an interest to access it.

Offline camlisa

• Swag User
« Reply #296 on: November 30, 2012, 01:46:39 PM »
The law in this country for these kind of matters is an absolate joke. These scumbags know all the laws &  loopholes that will protect them. Having earlier this year lost my job along with 25 others  all losing 9 mths super + entitlements. Administraters got paid but no one else when money ran out they liquidated the company. All assets were spread around in kids names. He still has his nice big house & holiday unit on the beach. Within weeks this scumbag was up & running again. Would love to mention his name but i would end up in more trouble than him, was advised by solicitor not to even approach him in the street. As hard as it is all you can do is keep smiling and get on with life because these kind of people have no genuine friends like all of us here and usually get what is coming to them.

Offline Fun Police

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #297 on: November 30, 2012, 02:35:32 PM »
Isn't if funny how the administrators come in to these kind of company windups, charge $600/hr and then walk away at the end leaving everyone with nothing and them with a nice big payday.

That's got to be immoral too.  I've seen this happen too
You can't spell 'funeral' without 'fun', nor 'manslaughter' without 'laughter'

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #298 on: November 30, 2012, 03:14:27 PM »
Isn't if funny how the administrators come in to these kind of company windups, charge $600/hr and then walk away at the end leaving everyone with nothing and them with a nice big payday.

That's got to be immoral too.  I've seen this happen too

Correct. :(
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline ozbogwam

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #299 on: November 30, 2012, 05:26:46 PM »
This is not defending them but I think you would be surprised by the amount of companies that run this close to the wire. All it takes is one of debts being juggled To go pear shaped and the whole thing comes crashing down.

many of these people aren't dodgy or Gerald or whatever, just businesses caught in a bad position trying to get out of it.

Of course others are as dodgy as the day is long