Author Topic: Barra fishing in kununarra ??  (Read 2389 times)

Offline yandiferal

• Tent User
  • It's not hard to be NICE!!!!
Barra fishing in kununarra ??
« on: June 14, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a charter mob to take 3 of us Barra fishing in kununarra early July ???
Thanks Rusty

Offline cetacean

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: Barra fishing in kununarra ??
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 09:02:47 PM »
G'day Yandiferal,
                          The bloke you want to get in touch with is Greg Harman from Ultimate Adventures. I've known "Hairs" for many years, firstly as one of his clients and later as a mate and fishing guide for him when I lived in the Kimberley.
     July is a tough time for barra anywhere, but if anyone can put you onto a few fish it'll be him. He's also a terrific fella and runs a base camp down on the lower Ord. :cup:
    If you get in touch, tell him Hitch says g'day. Details will be on his website

Darryl
Mazda BT50, Trakmaster Sturt X-- Country, Stacer 369 Seasprite

Offline yandiferal

• Tent User
  • It's not hard to be NICE!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 11:10:11 PM »
Thanks for the tip. I have read that the Barra like the heat better but
As its on the bucket list will have give it ago lol was planning on going at home valley but the guy
Who takes the charters is away.
Thanks again Rusty

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 01:33:38 AM »
Hi Yandiferal
Out of Kununurra is Ivanhoe Crossing, which is relatively close to the town, and normally a good spot for catching barramundi.  The local mob always go out there and get a decent feed, but get your fish in quick, as there is at least one resident salty hanging around there.
Regards
Tjupurula

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a charter mob to take 3 of us Barra fishing in kununarra early July ???
Thanks Rusty

I drove through there last year from the Kimberleys and we saw this guy on the bottom side of the dam with the biggest barra I had ever seen. I think it was a barra. Not familiar with the fish in the area. He caught it just before you cross the Ord on the left hand side of the road coming in from the GRR. Give it a try.
Wayne
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎