Author Topic: REV's check for Camper Trailers  (Read 5193 times)

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
REV's check for Camper Trailers
« on: March 23, 2012, 07:17:52 PM »
G'day all,

Every car i've ever bought i've always done a REV's check before handing over all the $$...... Can the same be done for Camper Trailers, if you have done it..... Tell me how you went about it?

Always great peace of mind i reckon.

Regards,

Barrabart.
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline Jencoast

• Learning the Ropes
Re: REV's check for Camper Trailers
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 07:37:03 PM »
Hi there Barrabat,

You sure can, we actually did one today for our new (2nd hand) Jayco Dove which we're picking up tomorrow.

Just go to www.ppsr.gov.au, it costs $3.70 to do the check & it is a National Register now so no need to do something different in each State.

Cheers,
Jen

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 07:49:49 PM »
Hi Barrabart
It is just the same process as a vehicle check, with the rego number and VIN, the yo get all the history.  Well worth doing for such a small amount.  I always check the rivets on both VIN plates as well, one on the firewall and one under the mudguard or whatever you call it.  I found one vehicle where they did not match, and immediately got the police involved.
Regards
Tjupurula

Offline Barrabart

• "Queenslander forever, forever Queenslander"
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
Hi there Barrabat,

You sure can, we actually did one today for our new (2nd hand) Jayco Dove which we're picking up tomorrow.

Just go to www.ppsr.gov.au, it costs $3.70 to do the check & it is a National Register now so no need to do something different in each State.

Cheers,
Jen

Thanks for the info............ oh and welcome to the site

Hi Barrabart
It is just the same process as a vehicle check, with the rego number and VIN, the yo get all the history.  Well worth doing for such a small amount.  I always check the rivets on both VIN plates as well, one on the firewall and one under the mudguard or whatever you call it.  I found one vehicle where they did not match, and immediately got the police involved.
Regards
Tjupurula

Thanks Tjupurula...........  yeah always a bit dodgy when numbers just don't quite add up to = Legit.
Trackabout Safari towed by an old HJ75 Cruiser Tray Back.. Lovin'it!!!

Offline vscorsa

• Swag User
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 07:04:31 AM »
Hi All,

When using the PPSR site there appears to only be the option for either Motor Vehicle or Boat? Is there something I am missing and which one do you use?

Also, I reside in WA.

Thanks

Dave