Author Topic: Look out Emerald here we come!!!  (Read 2726 times)

Offline moonie80

• Tent User
Look out Emerald here we come!!!
« on: September 02, 2011, 04:49:18 PM »
As it says above the wife and I are moving to Emerald. After 10 long years in Brissy we have finally had enough. I have just scored a job and away we go. Will be landing there at the end of the month, will be looking for good 4wd and camping spots to take the CT and dogs. If anyone can help or if there are any locals on here that can help that would be great. Cheers, Peter.

Offline watto11

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Watsonfamilycamping/165262510248075
Re: Look out Emerald here we come!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 09:08:19 AM »
Congrats moonie on the big move not a bad part of the world I spent a few yrs in tieri. I've got a couple of places to add to your list the pick for me would be blackdown tablelands NP east of blackwater not sure how long to get there from emerald it's a really nice spot they spent half a mill on the camping area a couple of yrs ago there r toilets provided some nice walks and waterfalls after rain but the road does get cut so u need to wait till after wet season also check out Bedford wier at blackwater and if u r interested theresa crk at clearmont and bundora not sure how to spell it sorry between tieri and middlemount

Offline moonie80

• Tent User
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 08:21:47 PM »
thanks heaps watto11 will be sure to check out the spots

Offline bobnrob

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 09:24:16 PM »
Have got a sister & her hubby moved there about 6mths ago, they love it :)

Hope it's all you've wished for  :cheers:
Bob and Robyn

Offline graylyn

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • Kendall River Barramundi
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 06:18:05 AM »
I'm with Watto - Theresa Creek is a great camping spot
The worst day fishing is always better than the best day at work.

2021 Isuzu d-max utility 3 litre
2012 Jayco Swan Outback
full 60 litre Engel

Offline moonie80

• Tent User
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 06:12:32 PM »
Thanks bobnrob I'm sure it will be, being from the bush originally and after spending the last 10 yrs in Brissy We can't wait to get the hell out of here.
Thanks to you also graylyn I think this Theresa Creek may be the first visit after we get settled..

Offline farmer6

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 08:54:26 AM »

Hi Peter

Good to see another Myswagger coming to this part of the world. As the others have said Blackdown Tablelands is pretty good. Also around Canarvon Gorge or Mt Moffatt and even over to Salvator Rosa are good for camping but we definately like Theresa Creek Dam best with the kids, particually if you go around where the small sheds are and camp at the waters edge. The kids can swim around right infront of the camper, you can put out some red claw pots and if you have a boat you can also tie it up right there.

farmer6
2006 100 series landcruiser wagon

2010 Jimboomba Camper

Offline earle

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 03:10:45 PM »
If Theresa Ck dam gets a bit busy or noisy there is another spot nearby that people seem to bush camp at. Its where the Clermont-Rubyvale road crosses over Theresa ck. It can be a nice drive on that backroad from the gemfields to Clermont and you can make it a loop by returning to Emerald via Capella. If you do the drive you'll recognise the spot that I'm talking about as the road does a right angle on both side of the crossing.

Offline loshde

• Tent User
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 09:06:35 AM »
Hi

We lived in Emerald and the area for the past 30 years and moved interstate just on two years ago.  We have missed it so much we are seriously thinking of coming home.  Just too many people elsewhere for us and too too busy. 

Canarvon Gorge - west of Rolleston is the best spot in the Region.  You will fall in love with it and continue to go there.

Say hi to emerald for us
Cheers
Loshde