Author Topic: Re: Daily Rant 2021  (Read 2787 times)

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Re: Daily Rant 2021
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2021, 08:33:03 AM »
Solder, Just want the fooking size and type I always use and need to do the job, hair thin  thread or pencil thick wont do it .
 Go online let the fingers do the walking, Yep big green shed has it in stock,But nup we dont stock that " yes it says here you do and its instore .Ohh they must not have updated the online lists . Jaycar online yep ...Nup ...Cetnaj yep ...nup , Bursons ..nup . Supercheap online yep ...nup . Trade tools yep nup each and every other Sh*thole store around here that says they have it " online "  but it magicaly isnt part of their stock ..
Ebay ..yep instock free freight ordered be here in a few days , well maybe a bit longer now Brisso land has been locked up by Pallet Jack.
And the bricks and morter mobs whinge theyre losing out to online buyers .... Well dont advertise sh*t you dont carry and p1ss customers off .

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 08:35:32 AM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2021, 09:02:29 AM »
Spot on Mr edz, they should be made accountable for there false advertising, So many times got my wife to look on line to see if they have in store Yep heaps of them, drive there No have not had that for a week or two, FFS, just drove 50ks for nothing, 90% I buy online now, flaming love it delivered to my door, Craig
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2021, 09:11:02 AM »
Quote from: edz
And the bricks and morter mobs whinge theyre losing out to online buyers .... Well dont advertise sh*t you dont carry and p1ss customers off .

Sadly e-bay suffers from it quite often too with no consequences - or "Stock in AU" - after you buy it you find out its coming from China, then if theres issues, its like walking on teh sun in thongs to get it fixed/swapped etc.

The other issue with online buying is I'd rather make sure what I'm buying is what I want - as in quality, shape/size etc.. online it can be a lottery.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2021, 09:46:16 AM »
Sadly e-bay suffers from it quite often too with no consequences - or "Stock in AU" - after you buy it you find out its coming from China, then if theres issues, its like walking on teh sun in thongs to get it fixed/swapped etc.

The other issue with online buying is I'd rather make sure what I'm buying is what I want - as in quality, shape/size etc.. online it can be a lottery.
2 things with eBay;

1) Only purchase with paypal. Makes canceling your orders and getting your money back from dodgy sellers easy as.
2) If you don't get a message to say your goods have shipped on the day they where supposed or haven't arrived on the first day of the forecast delivery range, contact the seller. Don't keep waiting.

I've cancelled 3 or 4 orders that had been listed as "AU stock" when after a few days it was clear they were coming from China. Paypal refunds your money and the lying seller is the one that gets stuffed around.

Offline Craig Tomkinson

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2021, 10:11:46 AM »
I have Found the complete oppersite if it says its coming in 6 days its here in 3 or 4 days, Buy a few bits never had a trouble, our son just bought $700 computer turned up under time stated and way under local shop price, When I was farming we had to sell on open market got what we were given had to change or go broke, same with local shops get with the times or go broke, Craig 
1990 80 series 1HZ hill sniffer rebiult with 2 inch lift
1982 Jayco Jaylark  pop up van rebuilt
1999 5m Quintrex King on heavy duty offroad boat trailer

Offline Bird

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2021, 10:24:16 AM »
Quote from: Pete79
2 things with eBay;
1) Only purchase with paypal.
agree totally or cash on pickup so once again you make sure what your actually paying for is what your after..

2) If you don't get a message to say your goods have shipped on the day they where supposed or haven't arrived on the first day of the forecast delivery range, contact the seller. Don't keep waiting.
most times from the bigger sellers (or those with large amounts of any feedback), you get a form letter - its a shame that the Feedback system doesn't work anymore. As trustworthy as a politician. 

I've cancelled 3 or 4 orders that had been listed as "AU stock" when after a few days it was clear they were coming from China. Paypal refunds your money and the lying seller is the one that gets stuffed around.
True, but then its still the inconvenience of having to find another seller and start again.. I'm fuking hopeless, I usually buy Shit when I need it now, not next month :(

I also notice that delivery times quoted in many ads these days are quite often not like 5th - 10th... but 5th - 31st which works in their favour saying 'its within delivery times'..

IMWO - E-bay was much better 15+ yrs ago when it was a valid replacement for the good old "Trading Post" paper, good quality used items not 99% cheap Shit Chinese items..

Craig -
It would 100% make life easier for you living where you do, when many others also still have brick/mortar options
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home
The following users thanked this post: Craig Tomkinson

Offline manchu

• Tent User
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2021, 10:44:58 AM »

For things I want quick I'm now in the habit of filtering search results on 'Nearby',  instead of 'Item Location'.       I'll usually pick 200km from postcode 3000  to be fairly sure seller is in VIC,   or 50km for Melb metro.    I rarely get things come from china unexpectedly now.   Maybe all the dodgy dropshippers are in other states ;)     

My father in law owns a couple of  independent sports shops in country VIC,  so I'm always hearing his gripes about online.      'Customers' come into his store and try on shoes, clothes etc,  often with no intention of spending money in his store.    It must be bloody frustrating.

I see there being little point in him trying to compete in the online space either.    The costs to implement and manage a good website are too high and he simply can't compete with the pricing of online only or international competition.      For the time being there's still a reasonable amount of customers who prefer supporting local businesses and/or averse to online shopping but that will decrease rapidly with each generation.         

I'm probably more sympathetic and keen on shopping local than most people  but I still do the majority of our shopping online.   It's just so damn convenient.       

Offline Bird

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2021, 11:00:20 AM »
Quote from: manchu
My father in law owns a couple of  independent sports shops in country VIC,  so I'm always hearing his gripes about online.      'Customers' come into his store and try on shoes, clothes etc,  often with no intention of spending money in his store.    It must be bloody frustrating.
Same happened to Steve my old boss.. this caused his bike shop to close after 30 yrs in same location, and turned into a service only shop in a cheap factory complex. His thoughts were its the only thing you cant get online.

... he simply can't compete with the pricing of online only or international competition.
This too x lots and lots.  AU Tax has a lot to do with it as well.

Steve did a test which was the final straw, ordering a top end for a KLR600 (from memory) online from a store USA just as a customer, not as a bike shop - and exact same parts through Kawasaki AU.
AU was on back order, the parcel came from USA faster, and less than 1/2 price. Sometimes you have to admit defeat :(
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2021, 11:06:51 AM »
    I rarely get things come from china unexpectedly now.   Maybe all the dodgy dropshippers are in other states ;)     

Most of the stuff I buy off e bay is from China, but I look where it is coming from...usually nsw or victoria. But what they do is have wing fang ( distant relative or just a chinese bloke over here ) open a garage or small factory bay and have stock on hand here.
Same chinese crap, but in stock here.
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline manchu

• Tent User
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2021, 11:38:25 AM »
this caused his bike shop to close after 30 yrs in same location, and turned into a service only shop in a cheap factory complex. His thoughts were its the only thing you cant get online.

Father in law actually bought a push bike shop too  a couple of years ago,  and he's done really from it over last year due to Covid demand.    Selling heaps of E-bikes too which is surprising.   I'm amazed how many people can justify spending $6K++ on a pushbike.   

He also gets a lot of servicing work for bikes people have bought online and tried to assemble themselves and failed.    They get charged a fair premium I think ;)     

Offline Jimbags

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: Re: Daily Rant 2021
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2021, 11:48:49 AM »
I've been looking for 12v led replacement lights for my caravan and have had the same problem with stores "having stock" one place i went to the staff member told me someone had stolen the last ones i wanted "last night". The only other place i could find the ones i needed was 4x the price i can get them on ebay. I would lOve to support local, but not at 4x the price!

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2021, 12:23:32 PM »
For things I want quick I'm now in the habit of filtering search results on 'Nearby',  instead of 'Item Location'.       I'll usually pick 200km from postcode 3000  to be fairly sure seller is in VIC,   or 50km for Melb metro.    I rarely get things come from china unexpectedly now.   Maybe all the dodgy dropshippers are in other states ;)     
Yeah the dodgy ones all seam to live in Sydney... funny that... ;) ;D

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2021, 07:08:13 AM »
Coming back home after a week's camping :'(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie:  Sunliner Holiday 18' caravan

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2021, 08:57:24 AM »
Coming back home after a week's camping :'(

Tell me about it just did 5 days at Lake Glenbawn over here in NSW. I usually do not start questioning my work life choices until I hit about week 3 of a holiday. The fact I was doing after beers on day 2 both the missus and I agree I need to find a new job. I cant handle dealing with a manager any more that has no idea what I actually do but is the first to tell me i am doing it wrong.
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Bird

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2021, 09:44:23 AM »
Quote from: chester ver2.0
I usually do not start questioning my work life choices until I hit about week 3 of a holiday.
we had this chat over a beer few times now with work mates... 3 week holiday
1 week to unwind
1 week to relax
1 week to stress about the Shitfight you'll find when you get back

Anything less than 3 weeks is a waste of time.

I cant handle dealing with a manager any more that has no idea what I actually do but is the first to tell me i am doing it wrong.
its sad how many are in that boat... promotions without understanding any position below them.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hewy54

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2021, 03:26:47 PM »
Should I be Offended?
Just watching an episode of the Block while having a relax before the weekend.
In these days of suggested quotas in parliament I was not sure if I was offended by the composition of the contestants.
There were a male gay couple, but should there also be a female gay couple?
All groups were pairs - why no singles or threesomes?
Redheads were not represented.
I saw no tall people there.

And while on the topic off being offended, I happened to look on the grey nomads site.
There is a recipe of flour, sugar and carb soda to kill mice.
Is this not offensive?
Should we be trapping the poor little things so they can be relocated so they do not have a painful death?

Need to get out in the shed so I can put some deep thought into this ( might have offended someone if I called it my mancave)

80 Series
Vista Crossover XL

Offline Bird

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2021, 03:31:21 PM »
Quote from: Hewy54
Just watching an episode of the Block

You lost me right there.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2021, 04:01:41 PM »
I cant handle dealing with a manager any more that has no idea what I actually do but is the first to tell me i am doing it wrong.

Try the newbe ones that have been there <3 months and then placed up into a management position  [ Must have decent photos of someone or caloused lips ] , That then expect all the long termers to tell / show them how to do the job they have just been given ..
I'm hearing ya ..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2021, 07:49:27 PM »
Not a rant but there is nowhere else suitable to express disappointment. My young bloke managed to make the NSW Under 16 softball side to play Qld etc in Lismore the week after next. They have been training their arses off with 7 hour Saturday’s and 6 hour Sundays for several weeks now even in the recent rain. Today we got notification it has been cancelled due to Covid. We are not pissed off or anything like that but just disappointed as these kids have put a lot of effort in and at this stage don’t look to get the reward. This decision is totally understandable due to the current climate.

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2021, 08:11:43 PM »
Not a rant but there is nowhere else suitable to express disappointment. My young bloke managed to make the NSW Under 16 softball side to play Qld etc in Lismore the week after next. They have been training their arses off with 7 hour Saturday’s and 6 hour Sundays for several weeks now even in the recent rain. Today we got notification it has been cancelled due to Covid. We are not pissed off or anything like that but just disappointed as these kids have put a lot of effort in and at this stage don’t look to get the reward. This decision is totally understandable due to the current climate.

Totally understand how you feel. My youngest just had the Australian Youth Water Polo Club Championships cancelled due to COVID . She has been training three to four hours per day for five months for this. Bugger, but there is nothing that can be done.
The following users thanked this post: MDS69

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2021, 07:33:53 AM »
Feel for both of you & your kids :'(

They would be very cheesed off.
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie:  Sunliner Holiday 18' caravan
The following users thanked this post: plusnq

Offline DandyD

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2021, 07:17:36 PM »
The British weather. Two days ago we had a "heat wave" and the masses invaded the beaches.

Today it is snowing.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2021, 10:44:13 PM »
The British weather. Two days ago we had a "heat wave" and the masses invaded the beaches.

Today it is snowing.

Ha ha.....and 200 yrs ago you sent out the ones you didn't want....bloody terrible weather out here !!   ;D ;D
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2021, 03:04:51 AM »

Today it is snowing.

Heatwave..... what, did get over  25 degrees.

Offline lloydus67

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2021, 04:14:11 AM »
Heatwave..... what, did get over  25 degrees.
No but the rain was significantly warmer

Sent from me