Author Topic: Re: Daily Rant 2021  (Read 2786 times)

Offline NZMarkb

• Tent User
Re: Re: Daily Rant 2020
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2021, 08:20:25 AM »
& just cleared the letter box & the obligatory RE brochure in there with another place up for sale around the corner - would have been built early - mid 80s brick & tile, with the standard 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 cars, 614m2 "offers over $1.3mill" ::) (& it's probably already sold!)

Talking to our doom & gloom neighbour t'other day & he was saying in his best Hanrahan impression "None of us will be here in 6 years time. We'll all have been bought out & there'll be units right through this area as it's only 1k from where the light rail will be going through". Maybe so, but we don't want to sell up & leave the area, &, even if we do say, OK give us $1.5M, where do we then go ???

It's doing the same thing here  ;D
Loving it, my retirement fund is looking better by the day  ;D ;D
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2021, 08:58:32 AM »
OK give us $1.5M, where do we then go ???

Go bush, buy a decent house for $350k and have fun with the change.

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2021, 09:37:00 AM »
& just cleared the letter box & the obligatory RE brochure in there with another place up for sale around the corner - would have been built early - mid 80s brick & tile, with the standard 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 cars, 614m2 "offers over $1.3mill" ::) (& it's probably already sold!)

Talking to our doom & gloom neighbour t'other day & he was saying in his best Hanrahan impression "None of us will be here in 6 years time. We'll all have been bought out & there'll be units right through this area as it's only 1k from where the light rail will be going through". Maybe so, but we don't want to sell up & leave the area, &, even if we do say, OK give us $1.5M, where do we then go ???

Fizzie, you can have my place for 3 mill! I mean, not many people these days have a 50% deposit, ay! :D
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Soft Floor Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2021, 09:40:20 AM »

Its that or be the only house in the area surrounded by 230948203498230498 soul destroying tower blocks.

Get in early with neighbours and sell up as a group - developers pay up the arse for those sorts of packages... there was one group in Sydney from memory where a whole block go together and sold up to developers and got nearly double the normal sale price.
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2021, 09:41:54 AM »
Ok here is a bit of rule of thumb from a real estate friend of mine when dealing with the market

First of all get the price guide

If the market is soft offer 10% below the bottom number of the guide and go from there

If the market is hot (as it is now) be prepared to offer 5% below the upper number on the price guide.

Dont muck around with small bids of 1 and 2k as you will be steamrolled basically work out your top number lets say 15k over the top number of the price guide

1st bid 5% less than guide, second bid increase t0 5K over guide third and final bid increase by 10K

This shows the buyer you are serious and they will in most cases take a definite over a maybe of getting 1 or 2k extra
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2021, 12:29:16 PM »
Its that or be the only house in the area surrounded by 230948203498230498 soul destroying tower blocks.

Get in early with neighbours and sell up as a group - developers pay up the arse for those sorts of packages... there was one group in Sydney from memory where a whole block go together and sold up to developers and got nearly double the normal sale price.
My workmate was in that group. ;)

The developer stuffed them around for about a year or so, but they eventually got their cash.

He bought a nice place down at Manai and semi retired with the rest.
He was just up here last week and popped in for a coffee while touring around for a few weeks.

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2021, 06:45:19 PM »
 A few years ago, a developer was keen to get my dear old Mum’s place on Sydney’s North Shore, as part of 3 lots that combined would be around 2700sq/m. Mum lived in the house since 1950 and was going nowhere as she liked being near the shops. We( her kids);tried to convince her that selling would give her a few dollars to live it up and she could get a nice villa or similar. Anyway she didn’t sell and the developer went ahead and built some townhouses on the other adjoining 2 lots.
Mum has since past and we are now getting ready to sell the property. Fortunately it still has significant value as a result of being a development site which will accommodate a 2 lot subdivision. Our intent is to sell it DA ready that hopefully will be approved soon.

I should say this isn’t a rant as although sad Mum isn’t around, we will be happy when some Chinese developer takes the property of our hands.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 06:58:41 PM by rags »

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2021, 11:27:57 PM »

Either stump up the cash or  buy a pushbike.

Not much stock of those available at the moment.... I remember a new bike talking 2-3 days from ordering it, now it's 7-8 months

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Offline Bird

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2021, 07:24:45 PM »
Local bottle shop just got raided by 6 very tall VERY dark people - TWICE in 15 minutes they raided it....

Very well organized and practiced - few went got baskets, few kept the 1 staff member busy others in fridge loading up trolley..

You'll hear nothing about it on the news.. BLM.....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline moeite

• Tent User
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2021, 02:15:46 PM »
Centrelink forms ! Mrs. moeite and I (pensioners) are part of a "random" review and are therefore required to complete the dreaded Income and Assets form. After spending quite a few therapeutic hours doing that and getting the things scanned and getting all the supporting paperwork together it came time to upload it all. **** me, a 5MB limit which was only about a third of the doc size. Good thing I'm good at ghostscript. Used it to combine all the docs into a couple (wife and I) of PDF's. Too big - nearly 20MB. Shrunk the resolution to 120dpi - still too big. Shrunk it to 72dpi and OK- barely readable but OK.

Well that's 6 hours EACH that we won't get back. 12 person hours wasted on a "random" review.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mark F...
VK3KW
2000 Discovery 2 Td5 manual
Balance Trailers BT02HF forward fold camper
Http://jandmf.com

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2021, 07:05:24 AM »
Too late to mention it now, but you know you can update all that stuff online via MyGov ??? :'(
Winner PotM comp Jan 2021!

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie:  Sunliner Holiday 18' caravan

Offline chester ver2.0

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2021, 08:13:35 AM »
Too late to mention it now, but you know you can update all that stuff online via MyGov ??? :'(

Fizzie go slap yourself for that comment. In my experience you have more chance of going to the Smithsonian and getting the computers on the Apollo command module to boot up after 50 years than you having any sort of luck with the MyGov website
I Drink & I Know Things

Offline moeite

• Tent User
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2021, 08:17:43 AM »
Yes I know that but it was a “random” review so we were made to do all the paperwork and provide supporting evidence. I suggested doing it online when we had the initial phone call and the answer was that we must complete the forms and then either take all the paperwork to a service centre, post it all or scan and upload it. Believe me, if we could have done it all online we would have.
Mark F...
VK3KW

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2021, 03:56:22 PM »
Fizzie go slap yourself for that comment.

We can usually get it to do the right thing, but whether or not the WeakestLink actually then reads what you've put on there is another matter!

Mrs & I have actually just updated our details online as we put in for Health Care Cards.

Some of the details that we had to update still showed me with the business I ran as a sole trader 16-20 years ago! (& which I've asked to have removed several times). Same business info also came up against Mrs, despite the fact that she had nothing to do with the business ::) Both times, we told the system No, we're not involved in the business any more, so it said it was being deleted.

Mrs then got a message from them that she had to complete a Business Details form as they didn't have any record of her being involved in the business that she'd just told them she wasn't involved with ??? ::)

Rang them & the very helpful lady couldn't work out why the system had asked for this form ??? She said to print it out, right "N/A" across each page then include a note at the bottom that Mrs had never been involved in a business, & include the receipt number for the call so whoever saw it could ask her about it.

But, following your instructions, Sir, I will immediately proceed to slap the inside of my mouth with the open top of a full stubbie, & will continue to do so until I consider that I have served my penance! Hoping that meets with your approval! ;D

:cheers:

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2021, 03:57:36 PM »
the answer was that we must complete the forms

You really have to wonder why ??? ::)

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2021, 04:14:34 PM »
You really have to wonder why ??? ::)

So someone at Centrelink can check off that they completed their required number of random reviews.

Offline moeite

• Tent User
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2021, 05:30:06 PM »
So someone at Centrelink can check off that they completed their required number of random reviews.

I worked for Centrelink for quite  while and it's a legislated requirement of the DHSS contract managers to have the Centrelink service centres  audited. They write to the Centrelink service centres with a list of CRN's and ask for an audit to be returned in 28 days. The CRN's will be a mixture of recipients - Job Seeker, Age Pension, etc.
If you work In Centrelink or if you are a recipient that gets audited it's a complete pain in the arse. If you're a contract manager it's a box that can be ticked A contract manager may well be looking at quite a number of service centres and for them it's also a PITA. The dept secretary has a paper trail that can go to relevant Senate Standing Committees and the pollies can get to their feet and say that "we're doing a good job - see here's the latest audit".
Mark F...
VK3KW

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2021, 05:37:14 PM »
Yep. Nothing changes. Still appearing to work.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2021, 09:22:07 PM »
I actually had a good experience with centrelink today !!  :cup:

Rang them and ONLY waited 5 minutes......got onto a bloke who sounded like he actually cared....and he fixed the small problem and fixed it so I didn't have to ring again in 3 mths.....time will tell if the system follows what he changed in the bowls of the system ??

Went into the local centrelink office 2 days ago, to try and do what I did over the phone......bloke at the front door said do you have an appointment ?  Nup....next time you need to make one.....I asked how , over the phone or online ?  He didn't really know ?  Checked online, no way that I could see to do it, so presume only by phone.
Anyway, he let me in, go to front desk, start asking a question and they say you're better off ringing ?? WTF......she had my details up on screen but not ALL the info I was asking.....but the bloke I rang 2 days later had the info ??  What a great system we have ..... ??? ???
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Bird

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2021, 10:17:01 PM »
Quote from: gronk
Rang them and ONLY waited 5 minutes......got onto a bloke who sounded like he actually cared....

must have been a wrong number
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2021, 03:59:25 AM »
Some countries have nothing or very little by way of pension or benefits. 

At least we have something..... yeah, it may be a bit rooted and broken, but better than nothing.

Might be time to see that glass as still half full rather than half empty.  :D

Offline DandyD

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2021, 07:14:12 AM »

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2021, 07:31:24 AM »

At least we have something..... yeah, it may be a bit rooted and broken, but better than nothing.

No two ways with that, Jeeps, we certainly are looked after quite well, especially in comparison with some countries ::)

It's just that the constantly moving, burning rings you have to jump through can get a bit annoying :'( >:(

Offline moeite

• Tent User
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2021, 10:10:46 AM »

Absolutely.

The system does have the ability for me to update my income and assets online and to upload documents and those processes are quite easy and work very well.

My issue is that for a review (read Audit) it is required to update everything using the old, and outdated, model. Paper. Why not just send me a message telling me that my (part) pension will be stopped if I don't update my income and assets within 14 or 28 or something days.
Job done. Bean counter can print it and give it to the minister to present wherever it needs to be presented.
For us to update it all online would've taken all of 30 minutes. A couple of small changes, download a few financial statements and upload them to Centrelink and the job's done.
Mark F...
VK3KW

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2021, 11:37:37 AM »
No two ways with that, Jeeps, we certainly are looked after quite well, especially in comparison with some countries ::)

It's just that the constantly moving, burning rings you have to jump through can get a bit annoying :'( >:(

ha ha ha.... i got to the burning rings bit and didn't read it quite right at first.  ;D

I thought ya must've had some bad roids hanging out ya bum.

Even after reading it the third time, i still thought it was funny...... but then i'm an idiot too.