Author Topic: Where should I be visiting to make the most of QLD's Mexican free winter!  (Read 8743 times)

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
Not with the current state of the airline industry, they seem desperate to get bums on seats. Yesterday we booked flights to go home for Xmas. Flying Xmas eve, 3 people Brisbane to Cairns & return for $800  ;D It normally costs us around $1500 at that time of year.
The in-laws wanted to go Brisbane to Melbourne a couple of weeks ago (god knows why ;) ), flights where almost $700 each way, per person.
At that stage you had to be looking at flights about a month away to get something around $200.

Looks like prices are almost back to normal now though.

Offline PWE

• Soft Floor Camper User
Is the Qld only flights not part of the State Government grant?

I am sure it was in the news that Qld only flights are reduce to boost SEQ'ers to travel up to NQ and Outback Qld
Long weekend to Longreach with possible train journey back sounds good.
Ekka public holiday was moved from Wendsday to Friday, so a timely long weekend.
Change is good, so smile and enjoy life!
Landcruiser 76 tourer

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
Is the Qld only flights not part of the State Government grant?

I am sure it was in the news that Qld only flights are reduce to boost SEQ'ers to travel up to NQ and Outback Qld
Long weekend to Longreach with possible train journey back sounds good.
Ekka public holiday was moved from Wendsday to Friday, so a timely long weekend.

Only to specific regions I think. I believe the Qld gov is subsidising Aliance Air to operate additional flights to the Whitsunday's, but not other routes/airlines.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Zone Peregrine caravan.
The following users thanked this post: PWE

Offline aussie9

• Tent User
I'd give Carnarvon Gorge a look.

Whenever I've headed that way its been packed out and even the overflow camping was booked out.

https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/parks/carnarvon-gorge/
Just booked 5 nights at Sandstone Park from 1st.Aug....... No problems
Cheers

Sent from my DUB-LX2 using Tapatalk

Offline AllanK

• Swag User
Just got back from a 2 week trip to Sandstone Park, Barcaldine, Jericho Etc..
Beat the rush, only 5 or 6 setups at Carnarvon in total - luxury 😃
The rest of trip was quiet too at Lara Wetlands, Lake Dunn and Jericho. Got to Boynedale near Gladstone and the place was fecking packed. I reckon at least 100+ setups. Needless to say we left and found a quieter spot down the road..

Offline Steffo1

• Hard Top Camper User
  • More I learn about women, more I like my ute
Just got back from a 2 week trip to Sandstone Park, Barcaldine, Jericho Etc..
Beat the rush, only 5 or 6 setups at Carnarvon in total - luxury 😃
The rest of trip was quiet too at Lara Wetlands, Lake Dunn and Jericho. Got to Boynedale near Gladstone and the place was fecking packed. I reckon at least 100+ setups. Needless to say we left and found a quieter spot down the road..

Did you find 'Wally' at Lake Dunn?
'93 4.2 TD 'Cruiser 'tilly
'08 TD V6 Disco 3
'10 16' Evernew Pop Top

"sit bonum tempora volvunt"

Offline AllanK

• Swag User
Yep, did the trail and found ‘em all including about 4 new ones not on the brochure list The sculptures are “excellent” work. We got out and scrutinised each one. The items she uses to make the individual works are unusual to say the least; an old washing machine wringer, forks,shock absorbers and the list goes on.

Poor old Wally is getting a bit faded now too.

Although not ever having got into geocaching found an “official” geocaching site/container near Side Show Bob 😃
The following users thanked this post: Steffo1