Author Topic: WTF???  (Read 79198 times)

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: WTF???
« Reply #1300 on: Yesterday at 08:53:18 PM »
Something I noticed in the dash cam was the sound   ??? you can hear the trucky  :angel: but where was the sound of his  "warning device" ie; airhorn, deafening silence, just a bit strange

You can hear a horn but me finks the truck is more of a smaller type Japanese pantech or similar as opposed to a Mack or Kenworth with air horns.
Why does the truck driver say you have to give way dickhead before it looks like the car and van move over or is it in relation to perceived speeding up.
I read elsewhere there could have been a pressure difference once the truck came alongside causing the van to behave differently. No reasonable person would change lanes when nowhere near the end of the overtaking part and not indicate. I am not saying it doesn’t happen however it would only be 1 in 10 or 1 in 15. Just my opinion.

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1301 on: Yesterday at 09:38:44 PM »
Maybe the van was changing lanes as he passed a sign saying " xxxx exit 300m on right".
Maybe the truck sounded horn.
Maybe van did indicate.
Maybe van indicated and truck said "F U I'm gonna get in front"
Maybe van was passing a cyclist, indicated and started to move over to be safe.
Maybe....

Without the previous 15 seconds of dashcam it is all a lot of "maybe"

2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #1302 on: Yesterday at 09:57:09 PM »
Without seeing footage showing otherwise, how would you know the truckie WASN’T taking measures to avoid a collision ?
He MAY have been coming up beside the van at a far greater speed than the van and was in the process of braking at the moment the van started veering across ?
If it was a semi, or B double, he hasn’t anywhere to go except brake hard and keep going straight ahead. I don’t know if he did or didn’t brake hard, so I’ll reserve any judgement on him.

Yeah the truck was encroaching faster than the van, but before the truck was even alongside, there was a "Lane ends 500M" sign visible approx 150M ahead of them. The van bloke illegally merged lanes as a panic reaction to the the sign as he passed it. You can see from the pics below where he didn't start merging till after the sign. The truck began passing about 150M before the lane ends sign, on an uphill grade, when they were supposedly doing 90KPH to 100KPH from what the truckie is saying.

check out the pics below, and keep in mind different viewing aspects due to different cam lenses (dash cam and Google Earth cam)
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline NZMarkb

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1303 on: Today at 04:05:28 AM »
Something I noticed in the dash cam was the sound   ??? you can hear the trucky  :angel: but where was the sound of his  "warning device" ie; airhorn, deafening silence, just a bit strange

Yes they love to call themselves Professional Drivers
Didn't see much of an example there
I do concede we didn't see what lead up to it, but that's where where being Professional comes in
If I punched everyone in the face that deserved it, I'd be locked up within a few days
And as others have said the clown in the double cab was a master of his own destiny
If your not prepaired to stand behind our troops
Then feel free to stand in front of them