Author Topic: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.  (Read 50505 times)

Online D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
Re: How to cope with the corona virus ..facts- not fiction.
« Reply #1525 on: September 24, 2020, 06:17:15 AM »
I don't think Chris's broader point can be as easily dismissed as some would like. We haven't begun to see the full financial pain caused by the pandemic due to the money the federal government has been pumping out, but this can't last forever.
We basically have placed a massive bet on Keynesian economics that we hope will pay off. If it doesn't though, the health effects of the virus on society will likely pale into insignificance in comparison to the economic effects of the response that are yet to come.

I think it's hard not to contrast the "second wave" experienced between that in Vic, and that in NSW and QLD though. Sure the latter two have had the advantage of seeing what has happened in Vic first, but they have successfully employed the sharp and targeted tool of contact tracing and quarantining cases to suppress the virus, which was always the strategy here in Australia, whereas the Vic government failed in this most fundamental part of the response and therefore has had to use the very blunt and indiscriminate tool of hard lock downs to suppress it, which has then also had the additional flow on effects of longer and stronger border closures across the rest of the country as well.

Spot on!
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Online D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1527 on: Today at 09:44:23 AM »
More twists and turns than a theme park ride... Transcripts don't lie though...
https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/tapes-solve-the-mystery-of-victorias-covid-hotel-whodunit/news-story/68067f4af991a8dc15a962c5173a8283
Still doesn't really say whose idea it was, or who had the final say..  Only that Ashton had a preference for security..
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1528 on: Today at 09:54:59 AM »
More twists and turns than a theme park ride... Transcripts don't lie though...
https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/tapes-solve-the-mystery-of-victorias-covid-hotel-whodunit/news-story/68067f4af991a8dc15a962c5173a8283

Like making jam, just let it simmer away and the scum keeps coming to the top
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"