Author Topic: Daily Rant 2020  (Read 10158 times)

jwb and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Daily Rant 2020
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2020, 10:49:52 AM »
Quote from: MattNQ
Seems every time I go to Coles or Woolies, I find 2/3 of the aisle I want to go down taken up by staff member slowly loading up a wide cart stacked with plastic boxes full of stuff for an online shopper.  >:D
The grumpy old fart in me thinks why can't the pricks do their own shopping  ???    ;D ;D

Like going to a restaurant these days or even McShit and all the food delivery places get massive priority.. few times I've walked out and left them with the food ... but now they want you to pay up front - more and more people must have walked out on them.
-
Click to enlarge

Assembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by me, Kiwi, Evo n Farkaway Electrics

Offline Rowlie

• Swag User
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2020, 10:52:17 AM »
Seems every time I go to Coles or Woolies, I find 2/3 of the aisle I want to go down taken up by staff member slowly loading up a wide cart stacked with plastic boxes full of stuff for an online shopper.  >:D
The grumpy old fart in me thinks why can't the pricks do their own shopping  ???    ;D ;D

Hey MattNQ in my experience some / many of the people using these services are elderly, incapacitated, mums with young children, shift workers and the like. Some no doubt fall into your description. If the service exists it begs the question - who is the bigger mug - you who are wandering up and down looking for what she told you to buy going from aisle to aisle or the fella sitting in his shed having a tinny waiting for young Horace to knock on the door with his arms full?
The following users thanked this post: bede

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2020, 10:52:59 AM »
Who was Kobi Bryant ?

Sorry to offend the officianados , I'd NEVER heard of him before
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2020, 10:54:13 AM »
Hey MattNQ in my experience some / many of the people using these services are elderly, incapacitated, mums with young children, shift workers and the like. Some no doubt fall into your description. If the service exists it begs the question - who is the bigger mug - you who are wandering up and down looking for what she told you to buy going from aisle to aisle or the fella sitting in his shed having a tinny waiting for young Horace to knock on the door with his arms full?
:cheers: :cup: :cheers: :cup: :cheers: :cup: :cheers: :cup:

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2020, 11:16:09 AM »

but who gets to choose whats good and whats not good with fruit, or other items... ? Con turns up wiht a box of low quality stuff, can you pick and choose what you accept?
-
Click to enlarge

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2020, 11:38:44 AM »
but who gets to choose whats good and whats not good with fruit, or other items... ? Con turns up wiht a box of low quality stuff, can you pick and choose what you accept?

Try it and find out   :-* :-* :-*

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline MattNQ

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The smartist formerly known as Skypig
    • My website
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2020, 11:43:40 AM »

Yeah true. It probably works well for some. More annoyed with the staff member in every almost aisle filling the boxes in slow motion. One of the reasons I now avoid the bigger stores. 
I have tried online shopping myself for a while when it first came in. Was more trouble than it was worth.  Stumbling through the website was painfully slow. submit the order. Gotta be home if you ordered cold stuff. Order always had something wrong. Gave up in the end. Maybe they are better theses days?

Are there actually wives that that let one sit in peace in a shed with a tinny, instead of one with a weekend 'to do' list longer than a politician's expense account? 

I write out my list. Go to a local produce place close by for decently priced & local fruit/Veg/meat. Drive two suburbs away from the Big Woolies at the end of my block to a smaller Woolies that's quiet and I know where everything is.  Can bang through the shopping really quickly with plenty of time to swing past Uncle Dan's on the way home for some sanity medicine.  ;D     Works for me, but everyone is different I guess.

Offline Rowlie

• Swag User
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2020, 12:32:32 PM »
Yeah true. It probably works well for some. More annoyed with the staff member in every almost aisle filling the boxes in slow motion. One of the reasons I now avoid the bigger stores. 
I have tried online shopping myself for a while when it first came in. Was more trouble than it was worth.  Stumbling through the website was painfully slow. submit the order. Gotta be home if you ordered cold stuff. Order always had something wrong. Gave up in the end. Maybe they are better theses days?

Are there actually wives that that let one sit in peace in a shed with a tinny, instead of one with a weekend 'to do' list longer than a politician's expense account? 

I write out my list. Go to a local produce place close by for decently priced & local fruit/Veg/meat. Drive two suburbs away from the Big Woolies at the end of my block to a smaller Woolies that's quiet and I know where everything is.  Can bang through the shopping really quickly with plenty of time to swing past Uncle Dan's on the way home for some sanity medicine.  ;D     Works for me, but everyone is different I guess.
Ok I'll come clean. I was really only playing devil's advocate. I have little to no experience either way. I was just posing the question. Shopping at any level is not for this little black duck. As for the question
Apparently there are. I read about them on a forum somewhere but again something I have no experience with !!

Offline jclures

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2020, 01:33:27 PM »
Works well for me, delivered to my kitchen bench, never had a problem with fruit and veg, always good.  :cup:
It save be quite a lot in fuel not driving to get groceries, from memory it cost me $60  per year for delivery saver, so once I get to $100 it is delivered free, Tuesday to Thursday. :cheers:

Offline plusnq

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2020, 02:32:45 PM »
I use it as well. Pretty time efficient for me. I hate going to the shops.

Offline warthog

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2020, 03:21:30 PM »
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 03:39:33 PM by warthog »

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2020, 03:41:07 PM »
So guys,
Tell me why has it made such big news?
He played basketball, he was good at it, so what.
If my comment is moronic, that's your opinion, :)
Have a great day.
He was a rapist too, if you believe the accusations in 2003...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2020, 03:46:39 PM »
For an SMS from Westpac this morning, to the effect of "we've cancelled your MasterCard, call us to find out why"

Call the concierge number on the back of the card to find out that MasterCard have done a sword audit, and that the card MAY have been compromised anywhere up to 18 months ago...

Great that they've identifed an issue, but would be nice if they could pinpoint it a bit closer than 18 months.  Guess I'm going to be reviewing credit card statements for the next 3-4 nights... Tops

2013 Amarok Highline

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • What for you kicka my dog and call him farqoff.
    • Clarence Coast property maintenance
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2020, 04:28:08 PM »
He was a rapist too, if you believe the accusations in 2003...

Most have a skeleton in the closet.
Shit I have few.

:O

« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 04:36:44 PM by Hairs »
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2020, 04:32:03 PM »
Most have a skeleton in the closet.
Shit I have few.

:O
Most of us can pass a Working With Children check though!!

2013 Amarok Highline

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • What for you kicka my dog and call him farqoff.
    • Clarence Coast property maintenance
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2020, 04:39:38 PM »
Most of us can pass a Working With Children check though!!

Yep,
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2020, 04:50:01 PM »
Sorry to offend the officianados , I'd NEVER heard of him before

But you do live in Mexico though !!  ;D ;D

My 90yr old mum had never heard of him, but even though I've never watched a basketball game, I presumed nearly every human being had heard of him !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2020, 04:52:25 PM »
Works well for me, delivered to my kitchen bench, never had a problem with fruit and veg, always good.  :cup:
It save be quite a lot in fuel not driving to get groceries, from memory it cost me $60  per year for delivery saver, so once I get to $100 it is delivered free, Tuesday to Thursday. :cheers:

I would never let someone else pick my fruit.

Hell, I have enough trouble picking it myself !!  ;D

Only trouble with home delivery, we aren't home enough to pick a time ??
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline rockrat

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2020, 06:22:41 PM »
I use it as well. Pretty time efficient for me. I hate going to the shops.
We often order our groceries online - or should I say my 15yo daughter does.

We’ve never had cause to complain about the quality of the fresh produce either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Champin

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2020, 08:42:32 PM »
Am I alone thinking this caronavirus is being hyped up for some reason we are unaware of? Tonight on telly  they are showing a movie called Contagion about a race to cure the world of a deadly disease. The media is rife with news of this deadly virus. Let's put this in perspective. SARS,MRES, bird flu, swine fever , whatever name you want to call it, are all variations of the caronavirus which is defined by the CDC as a mild virus which is deadly mainly to the old and immuno weak people.
OK. Let's look at some facts....last year 645,000 people died of the common flu. In Australia last year 1255 people died of the flu. The year before the figure was 1163. Why the scare tactics? What are they trying to achieve? OK I admit I am a lowly truck driver and possibly have too much time to think about Shit, but here's some wierd arse ideas that came to me...
1,our world is run by people who want to sell us stuff. Is this a way to reign in China economically?
2,  is this designed to reset our focus off the cause of the bush fires. i.e excessive fuel loads? Or possibly the Murray Darling fiasco?
3, I don't know...add your thoughts.
Please ladies and gentlemen, these are only my ramblings. They are not here to offend.
 Oh yeah...I have slopy shoulders so anything you say will fall straight off. I will not be offended. And if I do. I will get over it. That's how we used to do it in the old days.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2020, 09:24:30 PM »
Am I alone thinking this caronavirus is being hyped up for some reason we are unaware of? Tonight on telly  they are showing a movie called Contagion about a race to cure the world of a deadly disease. The media is rife with news of this deadly virus. Let's put this in perspective. SARS,MRES, bird flu, swine fever , whatever name you want to call it, are all variations of the caronavirus which is defined by the CDC as a mild virus which is deadly mainly to the old and immuno weak people.
OK. Let's look at some facts....last year 645,000 people died of the common flu. In Australia last year 1255 people died of the flu. The year before the figure was 1163. Why the scare tactics? What are they trying to achieve? OK I admit I am a lowly truck driver and possibly have too much time to think about Shit, but here's some wierd arse ideas that came to me...
1,our world is run by people who want to sell us stuff. Is this a way to reign in China economically?
2,  is this designed to reset our focus off the cause of the bush fires. i.e excessive fuel loads? Or possibly the Murray Darling fiasco?
3, I don't know...add your thoughts.
Please ladies and gentlemen, these are only my ramblings. They are not here to offend.
 Oh yeah...I have slopy shoulders so anything you say will fall straight off. I will not be offended. And if I do. I will get over it. That's how we used to do it in the old days.

Yep, 200 dead out of 500 million   ???

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Rowlie

• Swag User
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2020, 06:36:18 AM »
My take on the Corona Virus is as follows
1. It seems to have originated from a cold blooded animal and passed to humans - no one understands how that happened.
2. Up until yesterday they thought it was transmitted in much the same way as flu / cold etc ie coming in contact with someone who has it. That changed to simply being in the same room as someone who has it. Therefore it is much more highly contagious than flu etc.
3. At this point the majority of the deaths are people with weaker resistance ie aged, young, otherwise infirm. That is not inconsequential but yes it is similar to flu in that way. BUT this virus has already shown it can morph and rapidly.
4. The Spanish flu (which had nothing to do with Spain) after WW1 killed more people worldwide than the war did. Flus are still a major cause of death in the world despite vaccines. Do we really want something with that capability in a world that is now significantly more mobile than it was in 1918?
5. China's population is 1.4b - the province impacted is about twice the population of Oz.

My interest is much the same as every other Joe Blow except I am booked to go to China on holiday in the next month or 2. We are inclined to cancel it at present although it is watch this space for now. People all over the world including business travellers will be pulling the pin on travel while this is on. Not just to China. The knock on effect of that is world economic slow down. The Aussies have apparently managed to isolate the virus and that seems to be the first step in finding a vaccine. Lets hope they are onto something.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2020, 06:58:57 AM »
Am I alone thinking this caronavirus is being hyped up for some reason we are unaware of?
yes.

this is a concerning part.
Professor confirms health experts believe the virus is contagious before people show symptoms.

They are warning anyone who had dinner at some chow feed joint in Glen Waverley to be on lookout as some old dude and his 5000 family members ate there on weekend and he is a carrier.

Our work has cancelled all travel to China... lets just say I wouldnt go there at moment, would you Champ?
-
Click to enlarge

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2020, 07:42:36 AM »
Interesting  when you look into the stats on China ...   
Looks like the power was out for a while over there  Ex, the population is sitting at around 1.4 Billion Chinks ...  Not adjusted for the couple of hundred that just went west .
Going by some of  the stats they loose 19.424 people roughly every day  x  that by 365 .. Offset roughly by the 44.940 born each day ..  Big numbers ..
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 07:50:11 AM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Champin

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2020, 09:27:48 AM »
yes.

this is a concerning part.
Professor confirms health experts believe the virus is contagious before people show symptoms.

They are warning anyone who had dinner at some chow feed joint in Glen Waverley to be on lookout as some old dude and his 5000 family members ate there on weekend and he is a carrier.

Our work has cancelled all travel to China... lets just say I wouldnt go there at moment, would you Champ?
Nope not right now. Don't get me wrong. This is a bad thing. When people die it's always a bad thing. My point is the media going hell for leather blowing it right up. Almost dare I say instigating a bit of racial anamosity. Just my opinion fellas. Not trying to down play the seriousness of the outbreak at all.