Author Topic: Daily Rant 2020  (Read 66040 times)

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Daily Rant 2020
« Reply #1200 on: December 22, 2020, 04:03:01 PM »
Trying to check & compare bloody electricity prices! >:(

We've been with Diamond Energy for several years now & been very happy with them, but during this last bill period, they cut their feed-in tariff amount, so now no longer as good :'(

Just go to the Energy Made Easy site, they say - all the calculations are done for you, they say - it'll be easy, they say!
Like $%^& it's easy, I say! ::) :-X

Put in my details & go - gives you 447 possible plans, 177 of them with promotional offers, or the "lowest price" plans from all 32 retailers!

Just looking at the "low price" option gives estimated prices ranging from $530 - $1370 pa :o (*)

(* but this is only an estimate, so make sure you carefully check the full details of each plan)

So start trying to do so - quite a few of them say they're only available to NRMA members - Hmmm ??? Wouldn't of thought there were too many of them in QLD!!! >:(

Moving on & lot's of them then make reference to Controlled Load 1 & 2 ??? Hello, Qld doesn't run on CL 1 & 2, our controlled loads are Tariff 31 & 33, so it would be really nice if you mentioned the correct tariffs >:(

So OK, let's try ringing & trying to check details ... Oh, G'day Mohammed, I'm trying to check this ... 5 minutes later I just said Sorry, I obviously know more about this than you do & just hung up ::)

So, anybody in the Energex part of SEQ got a electricity retailer, with a decent FiT, that they recommend ???
Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie:  Sunliner Holiday 18' caravan

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
    • Clarence Coast property maintenance
« Reply #1201 on: December 22, 2020, 04:19:37 PM »
Fizzie,
It's a nightmare and it's like that to confuse people. Not that we are with that mob
We are with Energy Australia, we cut our bills over the last 3 years by 3/4, we do have a 3.8kw solar system and solar hot water.
Now we get an email stating our feed in tarrif will drop from 10.5kw to 9.5kw because of energy costs, WTF is their cost?
I've out layed the infrastructure on my roof, I do the maintenance on this system.

Some are making a zillion out of solar, the rest of us are being bent over.
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

The following users thanked this post: Fizzie

Offline lloydus67

• Soft Floor Camper User
Daily Rant 2020
« Reply #1202 on: December 22, 2020, 04:20:22 PM »
I was with energy Australia, but they dropped their feed in tariff and put up their consumption rate. Currently with red energy, feed in tariff was the best I could find 6 months ago. I think the higher rate is limited to 5kw per day then drops to a lower rate.
Lloyd

Sent from me
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 04:22:56 PM by lloydus67 »

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1203 on: December 22, 2020, 04:52:10 PM »
It's a nightmare and it's like that to confuse people.

Yep >:(

One of the ones I found is a Seniors Plus plan, so obviously there to take care of Grandma & Grandad, right ??? ::)

Wrong!

Using the figures off our last bill, & comparing that plan to another from the same company (AGL), it would be ~$70 per quarter more expensive! :o >:(

HTF are Grandma & Grandad supposed to try & check this sort of thing ??? >:(

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1204 on: December 22, 2020, 04:54:08 PM »
Currently with red energy

Had a look at Red, but all their plans seem to have Time of Use charging (which we don't), or are tied up in bundles, so they only apply if you have Qantas Frequent Fliers, & stuff like that ???

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #1205 on: December 22, 2020, 10:09:03 PM »
Go around the Earth moving mobs with a few cartons and collect a heap of batteries, turn the house over to 12V plug in the solar array and disconnect from the grid ..  ;D ;D ;D
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1206 on: December 23, 2020, 06:41:09 AM »
Nice idea, Edz, but that's a bloody big heap of batteries, a lot more panels, plus a back-up gennie for bad weather, plus, plus, plus ... :'(

Most discussions I've seen about going off grid, the people who know what they're talking about say a minimum $50k investment required to still be able to live your current modern lifestyle :o

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #1207 on: December 23, 2020, 10:55:52 AM »
When I last spoke with the Nephew about his setup  [ Lives out in the sticks and been offgrid 10 + years now, nearest power is too  far away  ] He basicaly runs an oversized  high amp 12V  charged  camping setup and Gas cooking ... Bit like CT's Cape York solar setup .
2nd hand  6 x 300W panels and 6 x 1500 CCA type Cat  farm machinary batteries [ Not sure how theyre wired up  ] , A $900 inverter controler,  plus   a small gen set to run his welders and shed gear .
Runs his house, keeps the wife happy and a teenager  connected  ..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "
The following users thanked this post: Humphreythebear, plusnq

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1208 on: December 23, 2020, 01:41:25 PM »
frikkin airlines and car rental companies.

Airline has changed our Christmas eve flight times to an hour later, and car rental company has decided to close their airport collection 1/2 hour earlier  >:(
end result is we arrive in Cairns Christmas eve with no way of collecting our booked hire car to drive up to Atherton  >:( >:( >:(

Net total of 5 hours on the phone trying to make alternate arrangements. It's an impossible task to talk to people in Australia from either Virgin Australia, their 3rd party car hire mob, or any of the big brand car hire mobs. None of them have their own phone number listed anywhere, you can only call the Mumbai call centre and ask to be put through, but not until you've jumped through all of their hoops and answered 40 questions about why you want to talk to a person in your own country.... Original hire car company = tough titties type of response. Can I have a relo collect the car for us.... no, that'll be a new booking and premium rate of extra $1000.

Online booking pages have conflicting trading hours, and there is know way of actually talking to someone on the pick-up desk to try and confirm what time they are knocking off.

In the end, used a work contact to get a direct number for one of the companies and spoke with a man at the counter. He was due to finish 10 minutes before our flight is due, but has agreed to wait 1/2 hour (he'll get a bottle of thank-you's when I collect). Still gunna cost an extra $250 for a bigger car from a different company, but at least we don't have to pay the Christmas premium and have transport now. Their Mumbai mumbler insisted it was no use as they had no cars available, even though I had already reserved one online and was just waiting to confirm if old mate would still be there when our plane lands. The Mumbai mumbler refused to connect me through or give me their phone number. If it wasn't for the inside contact through our work account, then we'd probably be stuffed 3 ways to Sunday.

So a big F.U. to Virgin Australia and Europecar rentals, and a bigger merry Christmas to old mate on the counter at Budget rentals at Cairns airport.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Complete Campsite Exodus 16.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1209 on: December 23, 2020, 01:43:47 PM »
Quote from: Spada
... but not until you've jumped through all of their hoops and answered 40 questions about why you want to talk to a person in your own country....

GovCo should stomp on this .. if I want or need to talk to someone i can understand - they why shouldnt that be a business requirement to operate in Australia?
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1210 on: December 23, 2020, 04:10:21 PM »
GovCo should stomp on this .. if I want or need to talk to someone i can understand - they why shouldnt that be a business requirement to operate in Australia?
Before Covid,
A thing called inclusion slowly made it's way into our society.
It is inbeded deeper than the second knuckle, no pulling out now.
Remember Telstra a few years ago, they out sourced they phone up tech to India, Sri Lanka, and God knows where.
It wasn't that people were racists, they could not understand the person they were talking top, they wanted to talk to someone who they felt they trusted as well.

If I were to travel(I doubt it) overseas to a non English country, I would think I would have to learn the lingo.
Why isn't that applied here?
I watched an ABC doco a few years ago about, when someone enters Australia, they can't speak English, they require an interpreter for their application for citizenship.
The Interpreter told the officer BS, this was only discovered when the officer was able understand what the applicant the lingo and reported back that it was all BS.

Anyway, I agree with you Bird.
Why can't I ask for someone that I Understand In My Own Country????

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1211 on: December 23, 2020, 04:24:05 PM »
frikkin airlines and car rental companies.

Airline has changed our Christmas eve flight times to an hour later, and car rental company has decided to close their airport collection 1/2 hour earlier  >:(

While I feel for you mate, yesterday I had to apply for a credit voucher for our planned flight to Brisbane on the 28th.   Sanctuary Cove, here we DON'T come !! :'( :'(
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1212 on: December 23, 2020, 05:22:09 PM »
Should be use to this, but.
Every year, every year people leave Shit to the last week.

Eg,
I've just had a pool installed, council will not sign off until a pool fence has been installed, can you do this before next Thursday?

Hi, we have new tenants moving in Tuesday, can you reoil the deck.

Hi, I was given you name by Harvey Norman, we have had a dishwasher delivered today, can you install it before Christmas, we have family arriving tomorrow.

Hi my name is ghuioterds(mumbles when leaving a voice mail), you can contact me on 9753322559653(I can't get the numbers, they speed speak it), calling from a private number.

You name was given to me, we need a sail shade installed, we have the sail, we need posts and it built.

Sorry people, you should of thought of this 6 months ago

Enjoy your Christmas/New Years.
Cause I'm gone

Screw this stress Shit.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1213 on: December 23, 2020, 06:08:45 PM »
Quote from: Hairs
you can contact me on 9753322559653(I can't get the numbers, they speed speak it), calling from a private number.
thats the one that gets me .. you want someone to write a number down but you say the whole phone number in <1 second
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1214 on: December 23, 2020, 06:17:16 PM »
thats the one that gets me .. you want someone to write a number down but you say the whole phone number in <1 second
Then ya get a bad review, others bag ya cause you did not return their contact/call.

Situation Normal.
:)

Offline BaseCamp

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Shake & Bake BB!
« Reply #1215 on: December 23, 2020, 09:51:44 PM »

I am very careful about this ...

For the really important times I need someone to return a call, (which is about most times); I talk really slowly and clearly into the voicemail recording  ..

AND most times; the very first words out of my mouth at the top if the recording are my name and phone number ... Then concluding my message the normal way as we all do with a "please call me back - giving my my NAME; and PHONE NUMBER again...

The idea being that in the event they need to relay the message twice - the most important stuff is at the very front of the message ...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You get out and in to the world -- you take more @#&$. …You climb a little higher, ..you take less @#&$.  …Till one day -- you're up in the rarefied atmosphere -- and you've forgotten what @#&$ even looks like….  Welcome to the layer cake son.

Offline nab

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1216 on: December 24, 2020, 01:00:24 PM »
Yep, I always repeat my name and number slowly the second time. I often get voice mail messages from private numbers, "give me a call when you get this message" but no details are left. As my wife says, they will call back if it's important.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1217 on: December 24, 2020, 01:09:43 PM »
As my wife says, they will call back if it's important.

Yep, & if that number doesn't match anything in my contact list, then it ain't important to me ;D