Author Topic: Daily Rant 2020  (Read 51382 times)

Offline DandyD

• Tent User
Re: Daily Rant 2020
« Reply #1050 on: September 09, 2020, 07:37:17 PM »
From Cyprus ??? :o

Well, she has somehow managed to arrange the transport of the most manky kitten you have ever seen from one end of Europe/Asia to the other. It's going to take about three months.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1051 on: September 10, 2020, 06:56:18 AM »
for fun, click the windows button and type winver and press enter.
what version does it say?

As you say, for fun, just tried it on my HP laptop on Win 8.1.

Came back as Windows 8 Version 6.3 (Build 9600) licensed to (my e-mail address) & Hewlett Packard ???

One or the other I could understand, but why both ???

Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie:  Sunliner Holiday 18' caravan

Offline MrCruza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1052 on: September 10, 2020, 07:50:02 AM »
As you say, for fun, just tried it on my HP laptop on Win 8.1.

Came back as Windows 8 Version 6.3 (Build 9600) licensed to (my e-mail address) & Hewlett Packard ???

One or the other I could understand, but why both ???

Cause it's an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) load that is licenced to the manufacturer for them to preload on multiple machines. When you activate it it then becomes licenced to you as well.
Cheers, John.

'12 Cruiser
2020 NextGen Blackline
The following users thanked this post: Fizzie

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1053 on: September 12, 2020, 12:35:31 PM »
Bugger.....  ???

Pissing around with the R/R hub on the Z car. (floating hub)

Ran the loose hub nut off to check the thread, before fitting it back correctly, as the car will ride on the this on the trailer to the sunny coast soon.
Ice cream bucket, half full of fuel, washed everything up clean.

Hub sitting there, reached for something, friggin hub fell in the ice cream bucket.
Because I was lying on a creeper and when I fell, yelled FUKK.

I scored fuel splashed in both my eyes, mouth, one nostril and one ear.

Through squinted eyes that were burning, I made sure none of it hit the Fleetwood...... whew....  :cup:

Managed to get myself up, and feel my way through the shed to the towel, and head for the tap outside.
Man, petrol up ya nose, really, REALLY burns ya nostril.

I've now started coughing, trying to wash my face, can't friggin see where my face was to hose the bastard.

Managed to clean myself up, chewed on some chocolate to eliminate the fuel taste.

About 2 hours later, my hooter is still friggin sore.

I reckon, if I farted and struck a match, i'd travel a good 2klm before I ran out of fuel..... or just blow up on the spot.

Offline moeite

• Tent User
« Reply #1054 on: September 12, 2020, 01:22:54 PM »

Ice cream bucket, half full of fuel, washed everything up clean.

Ice cream containers are fantastic. The added bonus, of course, is when you buy them they come choc full of ice cream...

I reckon, if I farted and struck a match, i'd travel a good 2klm before I ran out of fuel..... or just blow up on the spot.

And that's the funniest thing that I've read in years... :cup:
Mark F...
VK3KW
2000 Discovery 2 Td5 manual
Balance Trailers BT02HF forward fold camper
Http://jandmf.com

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #1055 on: September 12, 2020, 08:54:54 PM »
Yep stale unleaded is wonderfull. Not .I know your pain Kev .
 Double stacked truck up on stands at the wreckers, I should have known better than to be the mug holding the catch can and funnel up over my head as one the goobs working for me dropped the drain bung out ..
Fuel came out with faster than he bargained for, reacted tried to refit the bung and lost his balance, hit the funnel, tipped a full funnel load of fuel straight into my face and mouth just as I looked up to see what the hell was going on .
Reckon I near swallowed half a cup full, burnt more on the way out as I puked, Burped petrol fumes for a long while afterwards wasnt fun .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1056 on: September 13, 2020, 08:13:43 AM »
For a long tome now (about a year  :-[ ) I've had a slow leek in the air suspension that I just haven't been able to pin down. It started loosing a couple of pound every other day and slowly got worse to the point its now loosing about 5 psi an hour. We're leaving in a week for another short trip so I thought I'd have another crack at finding and fixing it. Trouble is it's not just a single line from the bag to an inflation point, I've run the lines to a solenoid arrangement with the compressor under the passengers seat and up/down buttons in the dash, so there are lots of T's and joints to check  :'(

So armed with a pocket full of new connections to replace whichever one was leaking I started at the most likely source of a leak, it was out with the seat, pump up the side that was leaking to 80, squirt soapy water everywhere, and wait....... and wait... and wait. Pressure was slowly going down but be dammed if I could find any bubbles. so I moved to the connection at the end of the line where it elbows into the top of bag. Still no sign of bubbles, until eventually I climbed under the car and soaked the bag itself. Bingo, one rooted airbag  >:( Seems it's weeping air from the top of the roll on the bellows between the bellows and the top plate. So the bag will need to be replaced. Be dammed if I could find anyone in Brisbane that could/would sell a single replacement bag on a Saturday. Everyone was happy to sell me a whole new kit for $800, but nobody would part with just 1 (or 2) replacement firestone bags. The airbagman head office is about an hour away, but they aren't open on Saturday and you have to make an appointment on weekdays. So it looks like I'll have to ring them Monday morning in the hope that they'll sell me just what I need, take a couple of hours off work to do a 2 hour round trip to collect them during their business hours, and then find time to fit them before we leave next Saturday morning  >:(  >:(

Moral of the story, don't leave things till the last minute  :'(
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Complete Campsite Exodus 16.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1057 on: September 13, 2020, 08:20:23 AM »

Who are you, & what are you doing here on Swag ??? >:D

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #1058 on: September 13, 2020, 08:20:42 AM »

....and keep spares on hand....
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1059 on: September 13, 2020, 09:06:22 AM »
Get out the tire fix plug kit ..Plug it and leave it sit for a few hours .. Couldnt be any worse than what youve got and if its safe enough to drive thousands of K's on a tire, You might just get away with it with the airbag for a while .
Disclaimer this may or may not be a good idea ..but better than nothing .
EDIT: Apparently the guy did 1500 k trip with this repair no troubles    https://forum.australia4wd.com/index.php?/topic/26203-how-to-repair-airbag-suspension/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 09:14:32 AM by edz »

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #1060 on: September 19, 2020, 07:26:31 PM »
We left on the 11 July for a jaunt around QLD for a few months. Day one included approx 70klm of good gravel. We passed a number of vehicles travelling in the opposite direction with no issues. Five km onto the sealed road a 4wd passed us and this is the result.

Replaced under insurance add on (one per year)
During the next 7 weeks we covered another 800km of gravel roads,  passing numerous cars, 4wds, caravans, road trains, etc, all without issue. Yesterday, 10k of sealed road, following 130km of gravel three 4wds with vans approached from the opposite direction. The road was about as wide as the old Pacific hwy over the Manning river at Taree (two semi’s can JUST pass). I slowed to about 70kph, pulling to the left as far as possible, without leaving the road. The leader of their group went past without slowing, on the road, without issue. The second 4wd and van also failed to slow, but more importantly, for my rant, put his outside wheels into the gravel on the verge. This is the result.

An indication of the force the rock hit the screen with, is that it almost made it though the laminated screen, showering the passenger side of the troopy with splinters of glass, some of which pieced the wife’s bare arm.

My rant is that none of the vehicles slowed, and the person who threw the rock obviously has no idea how wide his rig is, when the one in front had no need to hit the verge. Bastards!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We've waited 45 years to do this. Now our life will be complete!!
2019 LC78 (troopy)
2016 On The Move Crossfire

Offline HEM19X

• Hard Top Camper User
  • If I agree with you, then we would both be wrong!
« Reply #1061 on: September 20, 2020, 10:02:50 AM »
Looks like you have them on camera... share that also!
2010 Mazda BT50 "Freestyle" cab chassis plus custom canopy and lots of fruit, 2011 ModCon Elysium.

Online Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1062 on: September 20, 2020, 10:13:52 AM »
Chipped windscreens, just part of outback driving, he may well have dropped a wheel off the side off the side of the road and passed you another dozen times with no damage. Just bad luck, he wouldn’t know he caused you damage as you wouldn’t know if you caused anyone else some damage. Can happen when a stone is thrown up off bitumen, you’ve just been unfortunate to cop a couple in a short time.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1063 on: September 20, 2020, 10:21:32 AM »
Yep not nice within two days of having a new windscreen fitted , Copped a hit dead center in front of my point of vision, luckily it wasnt a Bullseye hit like yours and I could repair it with a pressure resin fill . Worked ok but discolourd a bit over time .

Offline lloydus67

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1064 on: September 20, 2020, 10:41:27 AM »
I always leave them until they get bad, as every time I put a new screen in, within weeks I get a new stone chip. Then no more damage for several years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1065 on: September 20, 2020, 11:06:44 AM »
I always leave them until they get bad, as every time I put a new screen in, within weeks I get a new stone chip. Then no more damage for several years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep.....  :cup:

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1066 on: September 20, 2020, 12:07:00 PM »
but more importantly, for my rant, put his outside wheels into the gravel on the verge.

& the worst bit of it is that he thought he was doing the right thing by you :'(

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1067 on: September 20, 2020, 12:52:04 PM »

had one replaced at Dandenong, on way home - truck front thru up a stone, gone. lasted less than 15mins.
-
Click to enlarge

Assembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by me, Kiwi, Evo n Farkaway Electrics

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #1068 on: September 20, 2020, 02:42:18 PM »
Looks like you have them on camera... share that also!

I’ll see if I can pull the relevant section of video, and post, either here or Youtube.
2019 LC78 (troopy)

Offline bmwfreak

• Soft Floor Camper User
  • DunWerkin
« Reply #1069 on: September 20, 2020, 02:46:48 PM »
Chipped windscreens, just part of outback driving, he may well have dropped a wheel off the side off the side of the road and passed you another dozen times with no damage. Just bad luck, he wouldn’t know he caused you damage as you wouldn’t know if you caused anyone else some damage. Can happen when a stone is thrown up off bitumen, you’ve just been unfortunate to cop a couple in a short time.

Couldn’t agree more with all the above, however, if you are going to drop off the edge IMO, it is common courtesy to slow down.
2019 LC78 (troopy)

Offline nab

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1070 on: September 20, 2020, 03:19:46 PM »
Yeah, second day of a 10,000km trip I copped a stone on the bitumin, by the end off the trip it the chip turned into a 150mm long crack.

I always slow down and pull over to the left, without fail I find the oldies do the same but the younger drivers just keep the pedal down.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1071 on: September 20, 2020, 07:07:37 PM »
Yeah, second day of a 10,000km trip I copped a stone on the bitumin, by the end off the trip it the chip turned into a 150mm long crack.

I always slow down and pull over to the left, without fail I find the oldies do the same but the younger drivers just keep the pedal down.
then you just move back over to the middle to force em to slow ;)
-
Click to enlarge

Assembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by me, Kiwi, Evo n Farkaway Electrics
The following users thanked this post: flossy

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • A door can be a jar, but a jar can not be a door??
    • Clarence Coast property maintenance
« Reply #1072 on: Yesterday at 10:36:47 PM »
Use your farken indicators at Roundabouts it makes it safer & it keeps it flowing.
I'm looking for that little blinky thing to LET ME KNOW, what your are doing.
Fark, I just want to keep cruising.
How hard is it?
You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)