Author Topic: AFL 2020  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: AFL 2020
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2020, 12:08:15 PM »
Wonder how much of a paycut good old Gillon will take to help ease the finances..
The 12-member executive – the senior figures who run the game – are set to take a pay cut of about 20 per cent, the same percentage that the senior coaches of the 18 AFL clubs have agreed to accept to help their clubs endure amid the unprecedented financial crisis caused by the coronavirus.

Its a bloody disgrace to declare the womens season over.
your kidding.. the womans footy is pure Shit.. no skills, rubbish to watch.. its just to keep the PC brigade happy..
The best thing they could have done is arsehole it.
-
Click to enlarge

Assembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by me, Kiwi, Evo n Farkaway Electrics

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2020, 12:32:27 PM »
The executive salaries are kept secret these days, but going back to Andy DimSim, he was on $42k a week. [$2.1m]

As for wimmins football, can't kick, can't mark, can't handball.

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2020, 07:16:51 AM »
The 12-member executive – the senior figures who run the game – are set to take a pay cut of about 20 per cent, the same percentage that the senior coaches of the 18 AFL clubs have agreed to accept to help their clubs endure amid the unprecedented financial crisis caused by the coronavirus.
your kidding.. the womans footy is pure Shit.. no skills, rubbish to watch.. its just to keep the PC brigade happy..
The best thing they could have done is arsehole it.

20 per cent paycut...yet they want players to take an 80% paycut!!!  Players are putting forward a 50% cut..tops.  Like most company boards and executives they expect the little fish to carry the burden while they carry on with business as usual.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2020, 09:11:34 AM »
20 per cent paycut...yet they want players to take an 80% paycut!!!  Players are putting forward a 50% cut..tops.  Like most company boards and executives they expect the little fish to carry the burden while they carry on with business as usual.
yea just listening on SEN - most of these exec's are on north of 700k!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****ers should be taking at least 600k cut .. shows how out of touch with reality they are
same with players... taking a 50% pay cut - only until May 31.... but they said on radio - the players have already been paid 40% of their wage!!!! So the cut is only on 1/2 their pay....  shows how out of touch with reality they are

Boy are they in for a reality check if this Shit all blows over in 12 mths ... footy depts will be like they were 20yrs ago - and wont be fully professional, if they are lucky it will be semi..
-
Click to enlarge

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2020, 01:24:52 PM »
The executive salaries are kept secret these days
The 11 executives' wage bill was $10.57 million last year.

Admirably, Geelong coach Chris Scott said he would not take a salary while the rest of his coaches and the club’s staff were not being paid. .
The best leadership example yet of shared pain.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/a-time-for-football-when-no-offer-is-good-enough-20200324-p54dio.html
-
Click to enlarge

Offline rockrat

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2020, 07:27:30 PM »
I don't know why they don't just stand down the players on zero pay, full stop, just like what's happening to tens or hundreds of thousands of other people across the country.  It's not like the players won't be putting their hands up to come back as soon as they can. When it returns people will still watch the game regardless, provided there is good competition between the teams.

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2020, 09:58:54 AM »
I don't know why they don't just stand down the players on zero pay, full stop, just like what's happening to tens or hundreds of thousands of other people across the country.
This x lots..

Why are they so special...

I heard on SEN this morning some bloke saying - why dont the AFL do some sort of Centerlink style payment to the players of say $1000 a week to tide them by and then take it out of their contracts at the end... $1000 /wk.. I dont earn that now.. let alone to tide me over.
-
Click to enlarge

3rd time lucky

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2020, 02:40:50 PM »
This x lots..

Why are they so special...

I heard on SEN this morning some bloke saying - why dont the AFL do some sort of Centerlink style payment to the players of say $1000 a week to tide them by and then take it out of their contracts at the end... $1000 /wk.. I dont earn that now.. let alone to tide me over.
Truer words have rarely been written. These guys earn a minimum of $75k a year which is way more than the minimum full time adult annual wage in Australia. To be arguing at a time where hundreds of  thousands of people are instantly out of work is totally insensitive. The very people who watch them on TV, pay for viewing subscriptions and attend games, are potentially facing 0 income. Where do they think the $ is going to come from?

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2020, 03:13:18 PM »
So... the VFL maybe the one to die.. I'd rather see that survive and go back to the ABC....

CARLTON has been forced to end its alignment with its VFL affiliate the Northern Blues as the ongoing financial implications of the League's COVID-19 shutdown continues to wreak havoc.

The club has also parted ways with VFL coach Josh Fraser as a result of the situation, with the former Collingwood and Gold Coast ruckman holding a dual role with the club for the last five years.

The Blues, who were understood to be distraught at being forced into making the decision to cut ties with Northern, had been placing a growing emphasis on the strength of their VFL affiliate in recent years.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/390179/carlton-northern-blues-split-as-covid-shutdown-wreaks-havoc

EDIT: will this be the end of the Gold Coast farce - no millions to keep pumping into them.. ???
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 03:17:39 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2020, 04:00:46 PM »
AFL is doing a deal with NAB and ANZ banks for loans of between 5-600 million....Hopefully after the virus finishes and we will still be hurting for years to come, the salary cap will be lowered substantially and hopefully the game will get back to being the number one code in Oz.  This virus may be a 1 in a 100 year event but you can bet ya left nut something unforeseen will come along again to disrupt our normal way of life...maybe after this event we may be better prepared..... ???

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2020, 10:06:38 AM »
-
Click to enlarge

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2020, 10:23:42 AM »
Give a new meaning to Shinboner...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8282037/Dean-Laidley-dressed-woman-questioned-police-arrest-St-Kilda.html

Pretty common knowledge about his antics....most tend to ignore it and get on with more important things in their lives.   Doesn,t matter your income, sex, religion or wealth....there are "strange" ones amongst us....

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2020, 11:08:17 AM »
These big sports need to start investing in mental health a lot more. many are doing good things, but its only a matter of time before we get the worst outcome. Radio reports they arent looking for anyone else at the moment.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/cats-rally-around-steven-as-he-recovers-from-stab-wound-20200517-p54tr6.html
-
Click to enlarge

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2020, 04:24:53 PM »
These big sports need to start investing in mental health a lot more. many are doing good things, but its only a matter of time before we get the worst outcome. Radio reports they arent looking for anyone else at the moment.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/cats-rally-around-steven-as-he-recovers-from-stab-wound-20200517-p54tr6.html

No mention of how he sustained the wound.  Brawling, home invasion, skylarking or attempted murder???  It will be interesting to find out why he was stabbed. I doubt if it will be attempted suicide...stabbing yourself in the chest isnt a surefire method..

Its going to be a crazy season this year.  The grand final will also be a huge nightmare for the AFL.