Author Topic: Hi  (Read 260 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline gasgaschris

  • Learning the Ropes
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Hi
« on: August 25, 2019, 09:16:49 AM »
Hi - thanks for the add. New to the world of camper trailers so though I'd go to where the knowledge is!

Got a family of 6 to accommodate, a 200 series to drag the trailer and I think I need a double fold hard floor camper. We've done a few tips in a soft floor camper, but want quicker setup and pack away as we tend to move often. Don't need full off-road, but a bit of dirt is likely.

Happy to buy new or used and wollongong based.

Anyway, I'm sure this has been asked a million times so I'll go read the forums!
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


Online GeoffA

  • 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • *****
  • Posts: 8399
  • Thanked: 403 times
  • Gender: Male
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 09:27:36 AM »
.......
Anyway, I'm sure this has been asked a million times so I'll go read the forums!


That'll keep you busy for a while... ;D ;D

Welcome Chris.

 :cheers:
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....


Online JD-120

  • Hard Floor Camper User
  • *****
  • Posts: 886
  • Thanked: 52 times
  • Gender: Male
Re: Hi
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 09:27:58 AM »
Welcome chris

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cheers

Justin

Offline GGV8Cruza

  • The Cable Guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • *****
  • Posts: 11002
  • Thanked: 309 times
  • Gender: Male
  • If 1 turbo is good, 2 must be better
Re: Hi
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 11:40:22 AM »
Welcome to MySwag

GG

Offline gasgaschris

  • Learning the Ropes
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Re: Hi
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 12:01:12 PM »
Thanks, guys.. lots of info on here.

Kinda pinning down requirements for the next adventure. We did a full family trip last year in a camper tent - 7500klm, 4 kids - which was awesome. But the next one needs to be a quicker setup, better equipped.

Wanting a king or queen bed with a large seating area in the main body, hard floor. Slide out kitchen and all the usual stuff - power, h&c water, tanks etc, dirt road capable. Prefer not Chinese chassis.. most important to us will be an awning big enough to have the kids sleep in swag/beds, maybe a 270 degree thing with walls, thats quick to set up (sort of).

It'll spend 90% of its time doing tar roads and holiday parks, but I need a camper that will do the other 10% without breaking..

Couple of shows coming up around Sydney, looks like I'm going to be busy!!

Offline Bird

  • Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • ******
  • Posts: 19796
  • Thanked: 1145 times
  • Gender: Male
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Hi
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 01:21:01 PM »
Thanks, guys.. lots of info on here.

Kinda pinning down requirements for the next adventure. We did a full family trip last year in a camper tent - 7500klm, 4 kids - which was awesome. But the next one needs to be a quicker setup, better equipped.

Wanting a king or queen bed with a large seating area in the main body, hard floor. Slide out kitchen and all the usual stuff - power, h&c water, tanks etc, dirt road capable. Prefer not Chinese chassis.. most important to us will be an awning big enough to have the kids sleep in swag/beds, maybe a 270 degree thing with walls, thats quick to set up (sort of).

It'll spend 90% of its time doing tar roads and holiday parks, but I need a camper that will do the other 10% without breaking..
I think its called a Caravan ???
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline gasgaschris

  • Learning the Ropes
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Re: Hi
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 05:03:17 PM »
I think its called a Caravan ???
Preference isn't for a full van, tbh.

Looked at the Lifestyle Iconn today, and that would work, for example..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


Offline Bird

  • Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • ******
  • Posts: 19796
  • Thanked: 1145 times
  • Gender: Male
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
Re: Hi
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 05:12:50 PM »
What is your budget
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline gasgaschris

  • Learning the Ropes
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Re: Hi
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 05:26:12 PM »
Happy to spend $40k possibly a little more. Happier to spend less..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk