Author Topic: Supercars 2019  (Read 2852 times)

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Supercars 2019
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2019, 08:42:32 PM »
youre not listening or didnt watch...

:cheers:
Nup.  Watched it all on Foxtel.  I'm not buying Ricks excuses.  Yes Tickfords car controller is to blame for the incident.  Rick chose to make the incident even worse.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: discoteddy

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2019, 08:44:02 PM »
youre not listening or didnt watch...

and to add, what happened occurred within 5m of space. replays show rick adjusting his belts then looking down to adjust his sway bays. then crunch..
not his error..

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2019, 08:49:52 PM »
Nup.  Watched it all on Foxtel.  I'm not buying Ricks excuses.  Yes Tickfords car controller is to blame for the incident.  Rick chose to make the incident even worse.

Cheers.

yeah he has history, but i think on this occasion telemetry will prove him in the clear. 

The fords are certainly benefiting in being able to add more rear wing downforce and not sacrificing top end speed. Great season opener. 

Offline BC66

• Swag User
Supercars 2019
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2019, 08:52:16 PM »
We had rick at a trade night and had some race simulators   
We had guys challenge rick to a race and he raced dirty. He would smash anyone near him off the track. Talk about ultra competitive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2019, 08:59:58 PM »
I do know it’s a controlled class. I used to sponsor DJR and Rick Kelly Racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good stuff, it takes deep pockets to sponsor one of them no matter how big the involvement.  All i was able to do when in business was sponsor a couple of speedway cars with free fuel to get to their events. They though we were the ducks nuts..  Its all relative, $50 a meet was big $$ for them..

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2019, 10:19:28 PM »
replays show rick adjusting his belts then looking down to adjust his sway bays. then crunch..

Not allowed, belts must be fastened before release.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2019, 10:29:05 PM »

The fords are certainly benefiting in being able to add more rear wing downforce and not sacrificing top end speed. Great season opener. 

If you mean they can adjust the angle of the rear wing, the others can also. The aero is supposed to be identical across all cars...according to the parity testing they did.
But the Fords certainly like the street circuit....we'll see how they go at a race track.
2009 200 series Yota
2012 Lifestyle AT10

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2019, 03:43:02 AM »
Totally unsafe release..... that was the beginning.

When you drive down pit lane, you're not meant to be adjusting seat belts. (plenty do)

You're supposed to look where you're going.

I have no doubt, Rick the dick, didn't see the other car until impact.

Now, to try and push his point home, he just kept it moving, hoping to look like the "OH poor me, they crashed into me... penalty.. penalty.
Except, it backfired on him, because he's a tool.

Its like the guy in the traffic that blatantly cuts you off and when you toot the horn, the idiot in the wrong brake checks you to show you he's the boss and just accept, i'll do what I want, so deal with it.

Pretty much, exactly what Kelly did driving down pit lane brake checking Mostert.

I'll give Rick this much though, it was a good attempt to get the Mostert to hit him when Kelly turned into the pit itself.
The old.... i'll make it look like i'm being careful and be a prick at the same time.

When blondie interviewed dopey, he was looking anywhere but at her and was avoiding the correct answer.

I bet if that was a pedestrian(cameraman, pit crew member) he hit, he would've found the brake pedal way quicker.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 03:52:53 AM by Jeepers Creepers »
Country Lane Classic Cars.

We stand behind every car we sell.
We may not help you push it home, but we will stand behind it and watch.

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2019, 06:07:22 AM »
If you mean they can adjust the angle of the rear wing, the others can also. The aero is supposed to be identical across all cars...according to the parity testing they did.
But the Fords certainly like the street circuit....we'll see how they go at a race track.
No I think Mace is talking about the rear end shape of the car and lower surface of the wing, it is all fixed but it looks like they have got the downforce pretty right in that area because they are carrying very little angle on the wing itself. Whether that  has a negative effect on the faster circuits will play out in the future. God it is  an ugly looking car tho, they have lost the complete shape of the Mustang, if it wasn't for the tail lights it could easily be mistaken for a rice burner

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2019, 06:58:36 AM »
If they want to run a Bastardised looking versions of a production car, they should just open the field  right up and become a full on Sports Sedan Series, Where almost anything goes .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2019, 07:36:46 AM »
All Chaz's fault.  Yes Rick could have stopped earlier as could have Chaz after the initial contact tried to get out of the lane instead of keep coming over and hitting Rick again.  Watching the replay on the Supercars website  https://www.supercars.com/videos/championship/chaos-breaks-out-in-pitlane-under-safety-car/ right at the very end when they play the shot from behind, Rick has moved left trying to miss Chaz, Chaz has hit him when trying to enter the lane, Rick has moved left  again and again Chaz has continued to move left driving Rick into the wall and causing the final contact.  They are there to race but Chaz was in the wrong simple as that.  In real time it all happens pretty quick.
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Online DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »
Geez for a series that is slowly dying and boring it sure creates a good discussion ;)

I loved Roland Dane suggesting the Fords have an unfair advantage and then Skaifey was quick to say he has a very short memory as it was the Ford camp saying the exact same thing this time last year........
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline doc evil

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2019, 09:53:40 AM »
No I think Mace is talking about the rear end shape of the car and lower surface of the wing, it is all fixed but it looks like they have got the downforce pretty right in that area because they are carrying very little angle on the wing itself. Whether that  has a negative effect on the faster circuits will play out in the future. God it is  an ugly looking car tho, they have lost the complete shape of the Mustang, if it wasn't for the tail lights it could easily be mistaken for a rice burner

They have had to stretch the roof to fit over the controlled chassis and cage. the doors are almost a foot longer...…...what makes it less noticeable is the name, number and sponsor stickers at the rear of the door not on the rear door like the sedans.

A quick google, Mustang wheelbase 2720mm a V8 supersnorer 2915 ……...almost 200mm difference………...
2005 4.2TD ST Patrol 4 door ute, lifted, locked, ARB barred and Warn winched, 33" Cooper ST Maxx.....and a denco turbo upgrade! mmmm power.....

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2019, 10:06:10 AM »

Geez for a series that is slowly dying and boring it sure creates a good discussion ;)

I loved Roland Dane suggesting the Fords have an unfair advantage and then Skaifey was quick to say he has a very short memory as it was the Ford camp saying the exact same thing this time last year........

and the long term and current 888 employee next to Mr Skaife was adamant 888 are struggling big time with the linear springs.

Online DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2019, 10:12:56 AM »

and the long term and current 888 employee next to Mr Skaife was adamant 888 are struggling big time with the linear springs.

Yep and I agree. I know FPR in the USA have put a lot of work into the aero on the Mustang but the homologation back here in Australia makes sure there are no real advantages in that area. It just means different shaped cars achieve different dynamics but it is minimal.

The real difference in the teams is the things they can control, like the suspension. We are only talking fractions of seconds that makes a difference.

It is well spoken about that 888 had a very good handle on the very complicated and many variables a twin spring can offer, so it stands to good reason that they may have had the most to lose going back to one spring.

I am a Ford fan and I hope we win everything but I wouldnt be writing 888 or other Holdens off yet based on one weekend.
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline kylarama

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2019, 10:23:58 AM »
888 were the first to use twin springs over 10 years ago.  They've got 12 months of ZB twin spring data and majority of the other Holden teams use 888 uprights and suspension.  Big learning curve.

The Mustang was developed with a linear spring in mind and knows nothing else.

888 managed two seconds and a third in an average car by their standards.  I don't think they've ever had 2 bad rounds in a row.

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2019, 11:50:38 AM »
They have had to stretch the roof to fit over the controlled chassis and cage. the doors are almost a foot longer...…...what makes it less noticeable is the name, number and sponsor stickers at the rear of the door not on the rear door like the sedans.

A quick google, Mustang wheelbase 2720mm a V8 supersnorer 2915 ……...almost 200mm difference………...
Yeah, understand that, but what supercars shouldn't be doing is running a standard stang as a safety car, it just shows how awful the race car really looks, George Jetson would have been proud of it

Online DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2019, 10:40:23 AM »
So the boring, no overtaking, dying a slow death Supercars is still breaking records..........  >:D

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/record-tv-and-digital-numbers-for-adelaide/

The 2019 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship got underway with bumper TV, attendance and digital numbers at the Superloop Adelaide 500.

Ford's new Mustang Supercar was the headline act, and it did not disappoint, with defending champion Scott McLaughlin taking his to a pair of victories.

That garnered plenty of attention on Fox Sports and Network 10, with the combined average viewership up 9.3% from the 2018 event, and 12.1% on peak audience.

Fox Sports recorded its highest-ever Adelaide ratings, with significant increases on each day of its broadcast.

That includes a 20% rise for Sunday's race, for which attendance at the street circuit was a 90,000 sellout.

Meanwhile, visits to Supercars.com over the event were up 28% and page views up 21% compared to 2018.

There was similar growth with the Supercars app, which had 36% more opens and 29% more screen views than for the same event a year ago.

The Supercars Facebook page also passed 900,000 likes during Sunday's race.

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Online Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2019, 10:44:46 AM »
So the boring, no overtaking, dying a slow death Supercars is still breaking records..........  >:D

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/record-tv-and-digital-numbers-for-adelaide/
You believe marketing spin? LMAO!
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Online DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2019, 10:50:11 AM »
You believe marketing spin? LMAO!

They dont like to let on true crowd numbers as a rule (wouldnt want the tax man knowing the real figures) but announcing sell out crowds and reading the angry punters on bookface being turned away at the gates due to capacity being met makes me think they are being somewhat honest in this instance.....

You negative nancies should actually sit and watch a race weekend, you might be surprised at the entertainment value ;D

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Marcus73

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2019, 11:04:31 AM »
They dont like to let on true crowd numbers as a rule (wouldnt want the tax man knowing the real figures) but announcing sell out crowds and reading the angry punters on bookface being turned away at the gates due to capacity being met makes me think they are being somewhat honest in this instance.....

You negative nancies should actually sit and watch a race weekend, you might be surprised at the entertainment value ;D

Adelaide is much more than just a motor race, it’s a complete package for everyone.
I’d suggest you get out of your grumpy pants and stop being a ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2019, 11:09:14 AM »
Adelaide is much more than just a motor race, it’s a complete package for everyone.
I’d suggest you get out of your grumpy pants and stop being a ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont be grumpy at me because you have to work FRIDAYS ;D

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2019, 12:11:20 PM »
i walked upstairs on Saturday to have lunch whilst doing my carport, thought i’ll flick the tv on and watch the V8’s whilst I eat...no such luck, was inbetween races and Dave Hughes was being interviewed instead and promoting his channel 10 tv show
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Online DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2019, 08:37:50 AM »
i walked upstairs on Saturday to have lunch whilst doing my carport, thought i’ll flick the tv on and watch the V8’s whilst I eat...no such luck, was inbetween races and Dave Hughes was being interviewed instead and promoting his channel 10 tv show

Bugger for you, although I have no idea what your on about, I watch Fox ;D

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Offline BBull

• Tent User
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2019, 10:18:38 AM »
The potential for someone to get hit and killed here was high. Supercars really need to look at the double stacking rule and not let it happen.
Each car should have its own pit. They talk about driver safety all the time, but the potential for a pit crew member, marshal or even a media person getting is very high.
The driver wouldn't even know if he backed over someone.

Pit lane safety need a full revamp