Author Topic: Re: What made you smile today - 2019  (Read 39466 times)

Pete79, alnjan and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: Re: What made you smile today - 2019
« Reply #600 on: April 07, 2019, 02:32:35 PM »
With the windows up  :angel: ::)  ;D
We could hope
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • What for you kicka my dog and call him farqoff.
    • Clarence Coast property maintenance
Re: What made you smile today - 2019
« Reply #601 on: April 07, 2019, 06:16:36 PM »
Amazing what you find in the over bench cupboard hiding behind a Myswag stubbie holder(and others)
:cup:

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #602 on: April 08, 2019, 09:02:12 AM »
Amazing what you find in the over bench cupboard hiding behind a Myswag stubbie holder(and others)

& that was in a house you were only working in! ;D
Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie: Sunliner Holiday 16' caravan

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #603 on: April 09, 2019, 06:59:02 AM »
& that was in a house you were only working in! ;D
Ahahaha
Cheers

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #604 on: April 09, 2019, 07:32:31 AM »
Watching the Karma bus hit an arrogant smart arse last night,  Smart arse with a full tray of of piled up food,  tries to barge through a doorway infront of his girlfriend, he pushes her, she hits the door frame bounces back into him / he hits the the door frame and does a great impression of a Fumbling Juggling act for a few seconds and about $120 worth of meals scatter across the ground ..
One of the group says something and mister arrogant went Volcanic ...   So endeth the night out .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #605 on: April 12, 2019, 07:57:21 PM »
Watching the Karma bus hit an arrogant smart arse last night,  Smart arse with a full tray of of piled up food,  tries to barge through a doorway infront of his girlfriend, he pushes her, she hits the door frame bounces back into him / he hits the the door frame and does a great impression of a Fumbling Juggling act for a few seconds and about $120 worth of meals scatter across the ground ..
One of the group says something and mister arrogant went Volcanic ...   So endeth the night out .
:cup:

Offline Hairs

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #606 on: April 12, 2019, 08:00:02 PM »
Yep hmmmm

Offline Hookie

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #607 on: April 12, 2019, 10:18:49 PM »
Moving house last couple days, had to run into town, had a bunch of crap on the roof but left trailer behind. Me and the boss had been going since early and not eaten, so decided to hit maccas drive through. Just as we pulled up to the intercom and the dude says "What can I get you?" I hear a clunk and after a second I remembered the crap on the roof and I yell into the intercom "I'm too high!"
The missus lost it immediately, maccas guy says come again? I managed to regain my composure despite her cracking up in the passenger seat and explained to him that I had things on the roof and I would have to back out. Might have been the first time anyone's been too high for the maccas drive through!

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #608 on: April 13, 2019, 11:43:01 AM »
Doubt it.  Lotsa Maccas customers Friday late and through w/end., have to use drive through because they can't walk.  So they drive.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's,
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.
HDJ105r coming soon.

Online MattNQ

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The smartist formerly known as Skypig
    • My Image Gallery
« Reply #609 on: April 13, 2019, 12:52:45 PM »
Enjoyed this week immensely. Got out of the office for 3 days. Racked up 1900km to check out 9 of our network sites beween Mt Garnet and Karumba for a project.
Love that country.  Especially when the mobiles drop out and nobody can bother me. Christened our shiny new Ranger that had only 160km on the clock. Worst auto box I've ever driven. Cruises nicely at speed, but low gears are so mushy and indecisive - feels worse than driving a bad CVT.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #610 on: April 14, 2019, 08:13:04 PM »
Driving North on the Hume out of Melb watchin a CT incorrectly loaded wag its butt . Punched the hazard lights to warn those behind of impending disaster . The rig pulled over as did we to find a Chic at the wheel with no idea what had just happened  . The Gutless Prick didn't even get out to discuss the problem . He had packed 40 L of water + 20L of fuel + a recovery chain after the 2 spare tyres on the rear . Also he had packed the extra tent poles at he rear given
 him a SFA  ball  weight & this was on a Ford station wagon not designed to carry out the task .
 Pulled up behind them to explain there problem .
 At least we tried ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, >:D

You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #611 on: April 15, 2019, 07:40:02 AM »
Open letter to school students demonstrating about climate change...just a laugh...

Attention, students. Because so many of you missed Friday’s classes, what with your little climate party and all, today I’m assigning extra work.

Let’s begin with mathematics. 558,400,000 is a really big number. Can anyone here tell me what it might represent? No?

Well, that’s the amount in tonnes of carbon dioxide that Australia emitted last year.

I’ll just pause here for a minute until Samantha stops crying. By the way, Samantha, your sign at the climate rally needed a possessive apostrophe and “planet” was spelled incorrectly, so I’m putting you back in remedial English again.

Where were we? Oh, yes. 558,400,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide. Let’s see how we can reduce that number. Ban coal mining? That’ll knock off a big chunk.

Ban petrol-powered vehicles? Good call. That’s another slab of emissions gone.
Does the class believe we should ban all mining? You do. Interesting. For your homework tonight, I want you all to design batteries that contain no nickel or cadmium.

Good luck getting to school in electric cars without those.

And there’ll be no more steel wind turbines once the iron ore mines are closed. It’s just the price we’ll have to pay, I suppose.

Even with all those bans, however, Australia will still be churning out carbon dioxide by the magical solar-powered truckload. Cuts need to go much further.

More people means more human activity which means more carbon dioxide, so let’s permanently ban immigration. Is the class agreed?

Hmmm. You’re not quite so enthusiastic about that one. Come on, students. Sacrifices must be made.

Speaking of which, how many of you have grandparents? Not any more you don’t.

And Samantha is crying again. Can someone please take her to the school safe space and let her “process some emotions”, or whatever the hell it is you kids do in there? Thank you.

Who agrees we need to simplify our lives in order to reduce emissions? Returning to earlier times, when emissions were much lower, might help save our earth.

So goodbye to air travel, the internet and your mobile phones. People got by without them in the past and they’ll survive without them in our sustainable future.

Still, those emissions will be way too high. Just for fun, let’s ban Australia and see what happens.

All factories, houses, streets, farms — gone. All people gone. Every atom of human presence on this land mass, completely erased.

At that point we’ll have finally cut our emissions to nothing.

We’ve subtracted an annual 558,400,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

Well done children. By eliminating Australia, you’ve just reduced the world’s yearly generation of carbon dioxide from 37,100,000,000 tonnes to just … 36,541,600,000 tonnes.

Still, every tiny reduction helps, right? Maybe not. Let’s have a quick geography lesson. Tyler, please point out China on this map. No, that’s Luxembourg. China is a bit bigger. Try over here. There you go.

Here’s the thing about China. How long will it take for China to produce the equivalent amount of carbon ­dioxide that we’ve slashed by vanishing Australia? One year? Two years? Five years?

Not quite. Start the carbon dioxide clock on China right now, and that one enormous nation will have matched our annual output by April 22. China adds a whole Australia to the global emissions total every twenty days.

For that matter, China will have added another 1,190,953 tonnes by the end of this one-hour class.

Even a tiny increase in China’s output puts Australia in the shade. Various experts last year estimated that China was on course for a 5 per cent carbon dioxide boost.

This would mean an extra 521,637,550 tonnes — or basically what Australia generates. Our total is the same as China’s gentle upswing.

So maybe your protest was in the wrong country. Here’s another assignment: write letters to the Chinese government demanding it stops dragging people out of poverty.

Make sure you include your full name and address, because the Chinese government is kind of big on keeping records. Send a photograph of yourself standing in front of your parents’ house.

You might repeat this process in India. In fact, rather than going to Europe for your next big family holiday, prevail upon your parents to visit India instead. The tiny village of Salaidih would be the perfect place to tell slum-dwelling residents they shouldn’t have electricity.

They’ll probably thank you for it. Or they should, if they aren’t stupid climate deniers.

Indian paupers must avoid making the same tragic affluence mistakes as us, so we must keep their carbon footprints as tiny as possible.

Can you imagine how terrible it would be for the Earth if all of India’s one billion-plus population owned cars and airconditioners? It really doesn’t bear thinking about.

One further assignment: tonight, locate a clean, green alternative source for $66 billion in exports. That’s how much was raised last year by the Australian coal industry.

Working it out won’t be too much of a challenge, I’m sure. After all, you know science and stuff. About half of your signs on Friday claimed you know more about all these things than does the Prime Minister.

Show him how advanced your brains are by devising a brand-new multi-billion export bonanza.

Hey, look who’s back! Feeling better, Samantha? That’s nice. Feelings are the most important thing of all.

Online alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #612 on: April 15, 2019, 09:37:42 AM »
About right.   
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #613 on: April 15, 2019, 11:03:19 AM »
Well done by these guys, Useful resource for those heading to Fraser Island soon, Great aerial shots of the Island and conditions to be expected, give a week or so ..  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLVFZbIz4Eo&list=PLKFj05su_9jaQJ2llhhag_lPVkEtvgb3J&index=1   Watch the full  playlist to find the areas your interested in .   Cannot wait till July till were up there again . :cup: :cup:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 11:05:49 AM by edz »

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #614 on: April 15, 2019, 11:15:13 AM »
Open letter to school students demonstrating about climate change...just a laugh...

Attention, students. Because so many of you missed Friday’s classes, what with your little climate party and all, today I’m assigning extra work.

Let’s begin with mathematics. 558,400,000 is a really big number. Can anyone here tell me what it might represent? No?

Well, that’s the amount in tonnes of carbon dioxide that Australia emitted last year.

I’ll just pause here for a minute until Samantha stops crying. By the way, Samantha, your sign at the climate rally needed a possessive apostrophe and “planet” was spelled incorrectly, so I’m putting you back in remedial English again.

Where were we? Oh, yes. 558,400,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide. Let’s see how we can reduce that number. Ban coal mining? That’ll knock off a big chunk.

Ban petrol-powered vehicles? Good call. That’s another slab of emissions gone.
Does the class believe we should ban all mining? You do. Interesting. For your homework tonight, I want you all to design batteries that contain no nickel or cadmium.

Good luck getting to school in electric cars without those.

And there’ll be no more steel wind turbines once the iron ore mines are closed. It’s just the price we’ll have to pay, I suppose.

Even with all those bans, however, Australia will still be churning out carbon dioxide by the magical solar-powered truckload. Cuts need to go much further.

More people means more human activity which means more carbon dioxide, so let’s permanently ban immigration. Is the class agreed?

Hmmm. You’re not quite so enthusiastic about that one. Come on, students. Sacrifices must be made.

Speaking of which, how many of you have grandparents? Not any more you don’t.

And Samantha is crying again. Can someone please take her to the school safe space and let her “process some emotions”, or whatever the hell it is you kids do in there? Thank you.

Who agrees we need to simplify our lives in order to reduce emissions? Returning to earlier times, when emissions were much lower, might help save our earth.

So goodbye to air travel, the internet and your mobile phones. People got by without them in the past and they’ll survive without them in our sustainable future.

Still, those emissions will be way too high. Just for fun, let’s ban Australia and see what happens.

All factories, houses, streets, farms — gone. All people gone. Every atom of human presence on this land mass, completely erased.

At that point we’ll have finally cut our emissions to nothing.

We’ve subtracted an annual 558,400,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

Well done children. By eliminating Australia, you’ve just reduced the world’s yearly generation of carbon dioxide from 37,100,000,000 tonnes to just … 36,541,600,000 tonnes.

Still, every tiny reduction helps, right? Maybe not. Let’s have a quick geography lesson. Tyler, please point out China on this map. No, that’s Luxembourg. China is a bit bigger. Try over here. There you go.

Here’s the thing about China. How long will it take for China to produce the equivalent amount of carbon ­dioxide that we’ve slashed by vanishing Australia? One year? Two years? Five years?

Not quite. Start the carbon dioxide clock on China right now, and that one enormous nation will have matched our annual output by April 22. China adds a whole Australia to the global emissions total every twenty days.

For that matter, China will have added another 1,190,953 tonnes by the end of this one-hour class.

Even a tiny increase in China’s output puts Australia in the shade. Various experts last year estimated that China was on course for a 5 per cent carbon dioxide boost.

This would mean an extra 521,637,550 tonnes — or basically what Australia generates. Our total is the same as China’s gentle upswing.

So maybe your protest was in the wrong country. Here’s another assignment: write letters to the Chinese government demanding it stops dragging people out of poverty.

Make sure you include your full name and address, because the Chinese government is kind of big on keeping records. Send a photograph of yourself standing in front of your parents’ house.

You might repeat this process in India. In fact, rather than going to Europe for your next big family holiday, prevail upon your parents to visit India instead. The tiny village of Salaidih would be the perfect place to tell slum-dwelling residents they shouldn’t have electricity.

They’ll probably thank you for it. Or they should, if they aren’t stupid climate deniers.

Indian paupers must avoid making the same tragic affluence mistakes as us, so we must keep their carbon footprints as tiny as possible.

Can you imagine how terrible it would be for the Earth if all of India’s one billion-plus population owned cars and airconditioners? It really doesn’t bear thinking about.

One further assignment: tonight, locate a clean, green alternative source for $66 billion in exports. That’s how much was raised last year by the Australian coal industry.

Working it out won’t be too much of a challenge, I’m sure. After all, you know science and stuff. About half of your signs on Friday claimed you know more about all these things than does the Prime Minister.

Show him how advanced your brains are by devising a brand-new multi-billion export bonanza.

Hey, look who’s back! Feeling better, Samantha? That’s nice. Feelings are the most important thing of all.

Had a few very similar warmish discussions with some greeny type coworkers in the past week ... They still couldnt get it through their thick heads . :cup:

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #615 on: April 15, 2019, 05:47:20 PM »
Got a parcel on the doorstep today  ;D

Long story short, back in January I managed to bend up my Boss swing mount (totally my fault, nothing to do with the product). Anyway, I tried to buy a replacement, but they did'nt have one of the heavy duty ones in stock at the time, so they loaned me a standard duty one until their "new and improved" heavy duty ones were available.

The new improved version arrived today, and holey hell it's a tough looking piece of kit  :o The backing plate is about 10mm thick, and the swing bearing is attached to it with 6 bolts....

I'll strap it on tomorrow and give it a test run over Easter.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:25:01 AM by Spada »
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Complete Campsite Exodus 16.

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #616 on: April 15, 2019, 05:59:05 PM »
With Bigfish's post where he says "Speaking of which, how many of you have grandparents? Not any more you don’t."

Think about how many people you know who have Great Grandparents or Great Grandkids - that's where you start to get into unsustainable population both from the carrying capacity point of view and also from the financial costs of paying potentially two lots of pensions at a time (pensions being one of the biggest ponzi schemes ever). I was unusual at school in having a living Great Grandparent; in contrast, when my nephew was born 3 years ago, he had 3/4 of my Grandparents still alive (now down to 1....).

However, I also note that Australian is a very religiously conservative country; traditionally with the large Catholic families, but now the migrant families who have 4+ children. Growing up in the UK during the 1980s, families with 3+ kids were unusual, but here in Australia I know many people of a similar age with 4 or more siblings, and some of the adults (half a generation older than me) I know are one of 7+.

Perhaps one of the benefits of people having kids later in life is that the population growth will slow as the intergenerational gap gets bigger - this really changes how the population looks at a big level.

Oh, and kids are an economic inferior good - as your income goes up, the consumption normally goes down... hence why in the "west" there are smaller families than in the poorer areas where there are higher rates of mortality.
1992 Toyota 4Runner VZN130 (3.slo V6):

1996 Kanga Camping trailer: Build in progress

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #617 on: April 15, 2019, 06:27:27 PM »
However, I also note that Australian is a very religiously conservative country; traditionally with the large Catholic families, but now the migrant families who have 4+ children. Growing up in the UK during the 1980s, families with 3+ kids were unusual, but here in Australia I know many people of a similar age with 4 or more siblings, and some of the adults (half a generation older than me) I know are one of 7+.
amateurs....our 18 year old apprentice at work is the youngest of 11 kids...his parents obviously weren’t big on watching tv...lol
I asked him the other day if any of his siblings had big numbers of kids themselves, I think he said one of them was up to number 4, which these days i guess is fairly unusual for an Aussie family.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Online Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #618 on: April 15, 2019, 06:43:01 PM »
These days big families are getting less common for sure.

My Dad was the youngest of 10.
Dad had 4 kids and each of us has only had 2 kids, so there’s a trend for sure.
But Dad’s family has nothing on my wife’s, her mum was number 8 or 9 of 14 kids.... And even after raising 14 kids my wife’s grandmother almost made it to 100 years old...

But if we’re going to be knocking off great grandmothers, I hear there is one wondering around in a refugee camp in Syria right now looking for her 17 year old granddaughter that is about to give birth to her 3rd little terrorist... ;)

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #619 on: April 15, 2019, 06:56:25 PM »
The new improved version arrived today, and holey hell it's a tough looking piece of kit  :o The backing plate is about 10mm thick, and the swing bearing is attached to it with 6 bolts....

I'll strap it on tomorrow and give it a test run over Easter.

There goes your ball weight!

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #620 on: April 15, 2019, 07:59:05 PM »
 One of 11. Which is nothing compared to my uncle who had 15. Nana on her 90th I think had 100 decendants.
My generation though the numbers are smaller. I have 2 kids and the most is 4
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #622 on: April 16, 2019, 02:27:08 PM »
An important tip for our various prospectors ;D

https://mobile.twitter.com/_youhadonejob1/status/1117920163926462464
Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie: Sunliner Holiday 16' caravan

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #623 on: April 16, 2019, 02:40:26 PM »
An important tip for our various prospectors ;D

https://mobile.twitter.com/_youhadonejob1/status/1117920163926462464

That pic has done the rounds for over a decade, notice the nice round hole that has been drilled, clickbait.

Offline tryagain

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #624 on: April 16, 2019, 11:39:05 PM »
The Wikipedia entry for the Mooney Mooney Bridge https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooney_Mooney_Bridge?fbclid=IwAR0yjgc_9WNDej3hmaROeL5Q13dmDt3DKe94BxfHJdQzsxnmPVuk-I4rves#cite_note-smmb-1

Mooney Mooney Creek Bridge, popularly known as the Mooney Mooney Bridge and 'The NSW Big Dipper Bridge', is a twin cantilever bridge that spans Mooney Mooney Creek in Brisbane Water National Park on the Central Coast of New South Wales as part of the Pacific Motorway. It was opened in December 1986 and is maintained by NSW Roads and Maritime Services the land speed record has been set on this bridge by a Nissan patrol, reaching speeds well over 480kmp/h while racing a Lamborghini V6, the lambo was ranging as the patrol sailed past it on the back wheels walking to the other side of the bridge..[1]

;D