Author Topic: Re: What made you smile today - 2019  (Read 63704 times)

Paddler Ed, Bobsan and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Re: What made you smile today - 2019
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2019, 12:46:47 PM »
Looks great.
Be careful of your really friendly neighbours, they might gift stuff over the fence.
Fortunately those asshats don't live there...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2019, 09:22:26 PM »
Had this little lady come home with us yesterday!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Congrats mate.

We visited our new Rescue pup on Saturday, just have to wait a few more days for him to get the snip and the last of his vacations before we can bring him home.

Knocked up a new run for him beside the shed today. Will finish the gates tomorrow.

Offline Cruiser 105Tvan

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Another Tvan owner.
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2019, 03:44:17 AM »
Your new friend has big feet Pete79.
Robert. 
VK3PPC, VZU641.
2000 FZJ105r bars,
HDJ105r Bars F&R, VRS Winch, ATZ. P3's, a cupla 2 ways as well.
and 2009 Canning Tvan pushing.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2019, 08:48:18 AM »

Thought the same thing, then looked at the height of the new fence & thought "Hmmm?" :-\
Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie: Sunliner Holiday 16' caravan

Online edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 12:02:20 PM »
Thought the same thing, then looked at the height of the new fence & thought "Hmmm?" :-\
Yep, Great Dane/American Bulldog cross.

Was a liter of 13 pups, Mum died while giving birth.
The owners couldn’t care for all of the pups on their own, so they called a rescue group for help.
The lady that runs the group drove from Brisbane to Mackay and collected all of the pups. They have been hand raised by a group of awesome volunteers from birth, bottle feeding 13 new born pups is no easy feat.

My boy is one of the smaller framed dogs of the group, they are only 10 weeks old and most already weigh 9kg... A couple of the boys are even bigger...

The new fence is just for a pen close to the house. It’s 1.3m high and Danes aren’t the best at clearing fences ( if he was a cattle or kelpie it would be at least 2m high with a dig barrier along the bottom).
If he does somehow manage to get out of the pen, the rest of the yard is fully fenced with 2m colorbond on the side with neighbors and along the front boundary. ;)

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 01:49:40 PM »
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 04:05:51 PM »
Yep, Great Dane/American Bulldog cross.

Was a liter of 13 pups, Mum died while giving birth.
The owners couldn’t care for all of the pups on their own, so they called a rescue group for help.
The lady that runs the group drove from Brisbane to Mackay and collected all of the pups. They have been hand raised by a group of awesome volunteers from birth, bottle feeding 13 new born pups is no easy feat.

My boy is one of the smaller framed dogs of the group, they are only 10 weeks old and most already weigh 9kg... A couple of the boys are even bigger...

The new fence is just for a pen close to the house. It’s 1.3m high and Danes aren’t the best at clearing fences ( if he was a cattle or kelpie it would be at least 2m high with a dig barrier along the bottom).
If he does somehow manage to get out of the pen, the rest of the yard is fully fenced with 2m colorbond on the side with neighbors and along the front boundary. ;)
Two points, I would have thought there would have been fewer to the liter... guffaw guffaw... Bit sad about mum though :(

The other thing, yeah Great Danes don't seem all that keen to jump fences, do they? Friends dog (pure Dane, and a biggun), doesn't bother to jump the fence to get at my dog (Jack russell), and it's only 1200mm chainwire. They will sit either side, and bark like buggery at each other, and there is a bit of bad blood between them from a previous accidental encounter. It's just lucky that my dog will only get over about a 1M high fence, or the Dane would be mince meat... LOL

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 04:07:29 PM by Troopy_03 »
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 05:26:11 PM »
Two points, I would have thought there would have been fewer to the liter... guffaw guffaw... Bit sad about mum though :(

The other thing, yeah Great Danes don't seem all that keen to jump fences, do they? Friends dog (pure Dane, and a biggun), doesn't bother to jump the fence to get at my dog (Jack russell), and it's only 1200mm chainwire. They will sit either side, and bark like buggery at each other, and there is a bit of bad blood between them from a previous accidental encounter. It's just lucky that my dog will only get over about a 1M high fence, or the Dane would be mince meat... LOL

Yep for sure, the Dane would be a goner, choking on your Russell would be a terrible way to go!  ;D :D
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2019, 07:55:54 AM »
Hmmm - Jack Russell v Great Dane ???

Now what's that line about ambitions & capabilities ??? >:D

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2019, 07:57:40 AM »
Brazilian thief learns the hard way not to mess with UFC fighter  :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:

She's probably going to get charged with assault because she used excessive force :'(

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2019, 09:58:56 AM »
after dad (74) had a heart attack and stroke (from the angiogram) in may last year, it's been on the cards for him and mum (72) to finally sell the cane farm and move into town...

he and his family have been on the property for over 100 years, so a big thing...

they found a place (lowset, rather than the split level they were in), in the suburb that they both like, which was actually a street over from where mum grew up...

after selling some farm blocks, they bought the place in town and we have spent the last four months or so, getting things done (new paint, new electrics all the way through, new awnings, etc)...  still stuff to do on the outside, but done on the inside...

so, yesterday, finally moved them in (in the rain, which incidentally is good sign for your finances, according to some asian cultures)... still a heap of mum's stuff at the old place (she's a self-confessed hoarder and sentimental softie), but they are in.

a minute from the hospital and just about everything else they need, rather than a 30 minute trip one way...  closer to the grandkids, as well...

it's been a long, emotional slog, with still some stuff to go with the farm, but this was a big hurdle to get over...  :D

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2019, 10:09:24 AM »
Quote from: paceman
after dad (74) had a heart attack and stroke (from the angiogram) in may last year, it's been on the cards for him and mum (72) to finally sell the cane farm and move into town...

he and his family have been on the property for over 100 years, so a big thing...

they found a place (lowset, rather than the split level they were in), in the suburb that they both like, which was actually a street over from where mum grew up...

after selling some farm blocks, they bought the place in town and we have spent the last four months or so, getting things done (new paint, new electrics all the way through, new awnings, etc)...  still stuff to do on the outside, but done on the inside...

so, yesterday, finally moved them in (in the rain, which incidentally is good sign for your finances, according to some asian cultures)... still a heap of mum's stuff at the old place (she's a self-confessed hoarder and sentimental softie), but they are in.

a minute from the hospital and just about everything else they need, rather than a 30 minute trip one way...  closer to the grandkids, as well...

it's been a long, emotional slog, with still some stuff to go with the farm, but this was a big hurdle to get over...  :D

its amazing how much Shit you can hoard in 40+yrs (in my olds case when we had to finally move dad out)
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2019, 10:20:51 AM »
its amazing how much Shit you can hoard in 40+yrs (in my olds case when we had to finally move dad out)

sure is...  she still has 21st presents, wedding presents (all unopened), stuff from when my sister and i were in primary school, etc...

oh well... they are lucky enough to not have to sell the old house, if they don't want to, so it might just become a new storage area... :)

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2019, 12:14:17 PM »
even just the every day stuff like kitchen ware and utensils etc etc adds up come time to clean a parents house out when the die....much of it you already own yourself and have no need for, and nobody wants to buy it. Was amazing how much stuff we donated to charity mobs from the MIL’s house, she was a single lady with minimal stuff having only been in that house a few years....and don’t get me started on the sentimental stuff we had to keep even though we have no room for it in our house, there’s one such item in my office i’m sick of moving out of my way  >:(
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2019, 12:57:50 PM »
Quote from: Rumpig
Was amazing how much stuff we donated to charity mobs from the MIL’s house,
We tried to give lots away to charity - 3 of them came and tried to pick and chose what they wanted - all of it was good, no rips, tears etc. If I was a young bloke moving out of home, I'd be wrapped to have any of it cheap.

EG: 1 chair out of a 4 piece lounge suite.. or 2 chairs from a dining table...  but not the table etc.
He was quite off put when I said **** off, take the whole thing or nothing... What am I going to do with 1/2 a lounge. 

We also found that giving away stuff was harder than selling. people would say 'yea be round in hour'... then it was 'can you deliver it for me' kinda Shit... They usually hung up when i said minimum delivery fee is $150

But put it up forsale for $10 they'd be there straight away..
Go figure.

... and don’t get me started on the sentimental stuff we had to keep even though we have no room for it in our house
yea also the stuff that my old man told me was very valuable... ****ed if I know if it is or not, but its a bitch to get things valued...
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2019, 01:18:44 PM »
Then on the other hand oldies can have some absolute gems squirreled away in amongst the piles of stuff.

I just last week brought home a beautiful hand made piece of furniture from mums place that was only uncovered when my last surviving grandparent passed.

Apparently my 4th great grandfather was a cabinetmaker working in charters towers at the turn of the century.
This specific piece was built in 1904 and has survived in perfect condition.
My dad stripped off over 100 years of paint and exposed the beautiful old timber. It’s all prepped and ready to have a clear finish put on so I can display it with pride in my house.
Should be good for another 100 years or so.... ;D

Offline moeite

• Tent User
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2019, 02:04:42 PM »
Then on the other hand oldies can have some absolute gems squirreled away in amongst the piles of stuff.

I just last week brought home a beautiful hand made piece of furniture from mums place that was only uncovered when my last surviving grandparent passed.

Apparently my 4th great grandfather was a cabinetmaker working in charters towers at the turn of the century.
This specific piece was built in 1904 and has survived in perfect condition.
My dad stripped off over 100 years of paint and exposed the beautiful old timber. It’s all prepped and ready to have a clear finish put on so I can display it with pride in my house.
Should be good for another 100 years or so.... :D

We've got a couple of old lounge chairs which were the first items of furniture that my great grand parents bought when they got married. They're as comfortable as anything - the perfect place for an afternoon nap...:-). My grand father got into all sorts of strife for buying a French polished oak gate leg dining table with 6 matching chairs which was handed down to my parents and then to me. My mother tells me that I'm DEAD if even contemplate selling either the dining suite or the lounge chairs. The dining suite especially is worth heaps and is a right royal PITA. At least I didn't inherit the French polished rosewood sideboard (3 mtrs) - my brother has to deal with that... :D
Mark F...
VK3KW
2000 Discovery 2 Td5 manual
Balance Trailers BT02HF forward fold camper
Http://jandmf.com

Offline glenm64

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2019, 02:05:40 PM »
Make sure they dont have bundles of cash stored around the old place. Lots of the oldies do it.

Cheers Glen

There's a big difference between kneeling down
......... and bending over.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2019, 03:01:11 PM »
We've got a couple of old lounge chairs which were the first items of furniture that my great grand parents bought when they got married. They're as comfortable as anything - the perfect place for an afternoon nap...:-). My grand father got into all sorts of strife for buying a French polished oak gate leg dining table with 6 matching chairs which was handed down to my parents and then to me. My mother tells me that I'm DEAD if even contemplate selling either the dining suite or the lounge chairs. The dining suite especially is worth heaps and is a right royal PITA. At least I didn't inherit the French polished rosewood sideboard (3 mtrs) - my brother has to deal with that... :D
My brother scored the sea chest that our ancestors brought all of their possessions in from Scotland to Australia on the boat sometime in the mid 1800s.

Amazing the way something like a sea chest can travel across the worlds great oceans, then get dragged around with horse and cart from Brisbane to Coen and almost back again before the turn of the century, then survive another 100 years or so of floods and cyclones and still be in working order 5 or 6 generations later.

Then today it’s an absolute miracle if something lasts more then 10 years without falling to pieces at the slightest hint of moisture or humidity or worse, suffering from ‘planed obsolescence’...

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2019, 05:38:55 PM »
Make sure they dont have bundles of cash stored around the old place. Lots of the oldies do it.

Cheers Glen
we found some cash (was only several hundred dollars) just the other week actually whilst going through paperwork, been sitting in our room for 12 months and we didn't know it was in there with the paperwork. A chippy I used to work with told me of the time he found about $20K in jars screwed up under the floor after crawling in under a house...the old girl who's husband had died had no idea the money was there, lucky for her the chippy was an honest guy.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • What for you kicka my dog and call him farqoff.
    • Clarence Coast property maintenance
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2019, 06:14:32 PM »
Love Google cache.
You act like a dick, it's there to be found.
:cheers:

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2019, 10:21:20 AM »
A mate of mine bought a huge pile of pool fencing and gates from a house recycling place about 10 years ago and never used it, he gave a heap to me a few years ago and I threw it behind the water tanks and forgot about it until last week.

So now I've finally put up all of the fencing and gates to make a pen for our new dog, when I assemble the last gate I notice the striker is missing the magnet needed to make the latch work.
This morning I do a quick google search looking for spare parts, no luck.

But I find the manufacturer is in Australia and they actually have a local contact number. Smile number 1. ;D
An Aussie guy answers the phone and is more then happy to help me out. Asks me to send a photo of the latch so he can check the model. Smile number 2.  ;D
I send the photos to his email and less then 30 seconds later I get a reply; "These latches are a child safety devise and we would prefer not to repair them, I will post you a new replacement latch free of charge". Smile number 3.  ;D

Have to be happy with all of that.
I seriously only wanted to purchase a replacment magnet, but it's great to see there are awesome Australian companies like this still surviving.

Offline duggie

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Dont you just love it.
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2019, 10:23:30 AM »

Three-time Bathurst winner Garth Tander has joined the Red Bull Holden Racing Team to partner Shane van Gisbergen in the PIRTEK Enduro Cup.
" Old Nissans Just Keep On Truckin On "

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2019, 12:03:16 PM »

Three-time Bathurst winner Garth Tander has joined the Red Bull Holden Racing Team to partner Shane van Gisbergen in the PIRTEK Enduro Cup.
I'm tipping Gizzy might be off to Europe at the end of this season

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk