Author Topic: Re: What made you smile today - 2019  (Read 11733 times)

Online Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Online macca

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: What made you smile today - 2019
« Reply #451 on: March 16, 2019, 05:01:21 PM »
Sitting in the backyard on another perfect day, having a few JB's,  listening to accadacca, after working since 7 am

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #452 on: March 19, 2019, 11:59:34 AM »
I asked the ol girl what she wanted for lunch today and she said anything would be fine.
She got a bread roll with ham and very cheap cheeses slice. ( I make her lunch, seeing she's employed and I just piss around with cars.)
I also do the shopping these days as well...... so....

I just demolished a bread roll with turkey, Jarlsberg cheese, cranberry's, avocado and alfalfa sprouts.
I tell ya this, it was yum-eeeeee.

Now I've got to put all the stuff I used back in the fridge in the shed.  ;D
Country Lane Classic Cars.

We stand behind every car we sell.
We may not help you push it home, but we will stand behind it and watch.

Online Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #453 on: March 19, 2019, 02:18:30 PM »
Right at the point when 1000,000,000 or so volts of electricity fell from the sky and landed in a tree about 15m from our house my $400 modem went pop.

The kids went into meltdown, no internet! So I fired up the spare old telstra unit to get us back online, but decided this morning I should dig out the receipt and see if I could claim it on warranty.
Turns out it’s been exactly 1 year and 2 weeks since I bought it, bugger....

I thought what the heck, might as well give it a go, so pop down to office works with the fried modem and receipt in hand.
I pass over the goods to the guy at the counter and say “it just stopped working over the weekend”. The guy looks at it and says he’s pretty sure those units have a 2 year warranty and goes to check for me. Comes back and confirms, yep it’s got a 3 year warranty and all good for a replacement.

We’re standing at the counter doing the change over  for the new unit and engaging in idle chit chat while he’s punching in stuff on the computer when he stops and looks up at me to say “I’m just going to write exactly what happened. Unit. Struck. By. Lightening!” He really couldn’t care less...

I had to smile..... ;D

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #454 on: March 19, 2019, 03:12:22 PM »
A Grimacing knowing half smile in that moment when your know everything kid and partner tell you they bought a bargain, then find out the real reason it was a bargain price ..
Alarm bells  should telling  you Average $8 to 10 K +  value cars dont get given away for $3 K,  if the part to fix that rattly noise coming from the engine bay, As old mate seller say's   " Is only $45 and a few minutes to fix " for a reason ..
Caveat Emptor Should be Blaring out at you  louder than an AC/DC concert, luckily 10 hours on the tools and  600 + hard earned for parts  later it isnt making rattly  noises .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline saph

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #455 on: March 19, 2019, 05:37:10 PM »
Right at the point when 1000,000,000 or so volts of electricity fell from the sky and landed in a tree about 15m from our house my $400 modem went pop.

The kids went into meltdown, no internet! So I fired up the spare old telstra unit to get us back online, but decided this morning I should dig out the receipt and see if I could claim it on warranty.
Turns out it’s been exactly 1 year and 2 weeks since I bought it, bugger....

I thought what the heck, might as well give it a go, so pop down to office works with the fried modem and receipt in hand.
I pass over the goods to the guy at the counter and say “it just stopped working over the weekend”. The guy looks at it and says he’s pretty sure those units have a 2 year warranty and goes to check for me. Comes back and confirms, yep it’s got a 3 year warranty and all good for a replacement.

We’re standing at the counter doing the change over  for the new unit and engaging in idle chit chat while he’s punching in stuff on the computer when he stops and looks up at me to say “I’m just going to write exactly what happened. Unit. Struck. By. Lightening!” He really couldn’t care less...

I had to smile..... ;D

Nice also they never really care aslong as its not a return, also 400 for a modem? who in blimy hell sold you on that for something cheap its the router you want to cost more depending on needs.

EDIT: should add im a techie and hate when people get suckered out of big amounts of cash.

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #456 on: March 19, 2019, 06:06:55 PM »
Being there Today  , that worked for me     :cheers:   &  :cheers: HELPED
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Online Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #457 on: March 19, 2019, 06:57:51 PM »
Nice also they never really care aslong as its not a return, also 400 for a modem? who in blimy hell sold you on that for something cheap its the router you want to cost more depending on needs.

EDIT: should add im a techie and hate when people get suckered out of big amounts of cash.
Yeah, your probably right.
Those modems with dual band 600/1300 wireless routers, 1 Gigabit LAN ports, dual core processors and 4G connections probably are a bit of a overpriced wank......
But they do tend to run my home design office pretty effectively.... ;)

Edit;
That is until a bolt from the sky comes and fries their insides.... :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 07:01:54 PM by Pete79 »

Offline saph

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #458 on: March 19, 2019, 07:24:20 PM »
Yeah, your probably right.
Those modems with dual band 600/1300 wireless routers, 1 Gigabit LAN ports, dual core processors and 4G connections probably are a bit of a overpriced wank......
But they do tend to run my home design office pretty effectively.... ;)

Edit;
That is until a bolt from the sky comes and fries their insides.... :P

That would explain it all the 'extra's you wont need but people love to sell to make cash at most you would be fine with a 100 dollar one since most internet connections dont touch the gigabit speeds yet (unless your on a special laid fibre line to the house with a ultra high net bill) something like this https://www.umart.com.au/Asus-DSL-N55U-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-Modem-Router_20811G.html would be fine and you could get some beers with the extra cash.