Author Topic: Re: What made you smile today - 2019  (Read 6890 times)

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: What made you smile today - 2019
« Reply #300 on: February 11, 2019, 12:34:12 PM »
Correct.  ;D

He bought it knowing it was un-rego'd due to the rust in the barn doors.

I think he was hoping he could drive it around for a few days under my name.
Unless you know the person, really well, never do it.
Country Lane Classic Cars.

We stand behind every car we sell.
We may not help you push it home, but we will stand behind it and watch.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #301 on: February 11, 2019, 03:39:50 PM »
I'm trying to buy a 59 Ford off a guy not far from home.

He's a wiry old bugger too, it will take at least a year or two to get this one I reckon, but even he admits, I'll end up with it at some point.
Its still got the original paint, never gone around the clock, last registered 8 years ago.
Bloody straight old thing too.

I was in his house today, 4 visits so far and finally got inside. (we always talk cars, but I take it easy and don't pressure him about the 59)
He mentioned, I was on the tractor yesterday when ya went past in ya Valiant. (Cadillac)

Anyway, we were talking and propped up in the lounge room against the wall, is two really old looking shotguns.
Next to them, is an old ice cream container full of shells.

Me: Not registered huh? (in a very casual manner)
Him: There f**k*n registered, the safe is out the back, but it takes too long to get 'em out if I need them.
Me: Good thinking.

He was saying, how he's been approached before to sell cars, but the buyers are all cackle and no eggs.  ;D
Lovely old guy, but bugger me, if ya pissed him off, those shotties are at arms reach.

I was saying to him, if I ever Shit ya off and ya take a shot, make sure ya get me and not the Caddy.
Oh, i won't hit ya f**k*n Valiant.   ::)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:41:58 PM by Jeepers Creepers »

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2019, 06:45:19 PM »
The 90 year old veteran talking to the reporter on finding his ship and his gun position  .. " Theres $40 in my locker you can have it if you go into the ship "  ;D ;D 
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/wreckage-of-wwii-aircraft-carrier-uss-hornet-discovered-in-expedition/
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 06:00:15 PM by edz »

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #304 on: February 14, 2019, 08:39:04 PM »
The lady check out manager at our local  shopping center gave the wife a small bunch of flowers as a give away Valentines gift.
 Cool ! Saved me from having to buy something,  ;D   then to top it off we got a call from another  smaller local shopping center to say she had won their Valentines Face Crap competition and to come in and pick up a $100 flower arrangement  and a $100 Gift card ..
Quadruple  whammy right there .. Two bunches of flowers,  a gift card, she gets spoiled  and I get out of having to buy something for valentines day !! Win Win   .. Now if only the Lotto numbers come up .. ;D

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #305 on: February 14, 2019, 10:18:30 PM »
Got a phone call from the mob who used to sell the sunnies I lost the other week, and they're sending me two new frames for $15 (cost of the courier) add they don't sell them anymore.

Then took the dog to training tonight and she performed beautifully.

Sat, dropped, shook hands, high fived, and most of them are doing well to come to their owners.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #306 on: February 15, 2019, 06:18:54 PM »
This could just have easily of ended up being a post in the daily rant post but kudos to ANZ CEO Shayne Elliott.

I put a complaint into ANZ a couple of months ago and getting it resolved was dragging on.  The woman managing my case was lovely but I got the feeling she was a little hamstrung by bug bank bureaucracy.

So after recalling that the CEO had made his email address public, I decided to send him a short email asking if he could speed things up. About an hour later he wrote back, cc’ing the head of operations and a senior complaints, saying they would look into it for me.  Then a couple of hours later the case manager rang back and said they would make the changes I was asking for. :cup:

It wasn’t a small change either, saving me several hundred $ a month in interest on my mortgage.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • What for you kicka my dog and call him farqoff.
    • Clarence Coast property maintenance
« Reply #307 on: February 15, 2019, 06:31:40 PM »
:cheers:

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #308 on: February 15, 2019, 06:38:58 PM »

Your just an old romantic Hairs....

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • What for you kicka my dog and call him farqoff.
    • Clarence Coast property maintenance
« Reply #309 on: February 15, 2019, 07:21:37 PM »

Your just an old romantic Hairs....
I resemble that :cheers:

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline Bunyip

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lucky to have such a supportive SWMBO as LB
« Reply #310 on: February 15, 2019, 08:11:20 PM »
Went to the doctor after 8 weeks.
minus 5Kg
minus blood pressure (from "you need to start taking the tablets tonight" to high end of normal)
minus cholesterol
minus average blood sugar

Still a way to go but first time a doctor has called me a model patient!!!

Reckons if I keep it up I can get off the meds in 12 months or so.
2002 Landcruiser GXV

The following users thanked this post: GBC

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #311 on: February 15, 2019, 08:47:43 PM »
minus 5Kg
minus blood pressure (from "you need to start taking the tablets tonight" to high end of normal)
minus cholesterol

Well done Bunyip
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #312 on: February 15, 2019, 09:09:52 PM »
Picked up my brand new Hilux work ute this arvo 8)...ordered Wednesday morning, they dropped the vehicle at TJM Thursday morning to get it’s tray fitted and suspension beefed up this arvo, and I picked the ute up direct from TJM this arvo. Never even paid a deposit, all done over the phone via a mate and no dealing with sales guy he knew...met the Toyota sales guy for the first time this arvo at TJM when i handed him a bank cheque to pay for the ute. 8)
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline Spada

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #313 on: February 16, 2019, 07:42:32 AM »
minus 5Kg
minus cholesterol

great work.....so was it diet and exercise that has changed?
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Complete Campsite Exodus 16.

Offline Bunyip

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lucky to have such a supportive SWMBO as LB
« Reply #314 on: February 16, 2019, 09:33:18 AM »
Well done Bunyip

Thanks Pottsy

great work.....so was it diet and exercise that has changed?

The meds have helped, especially with the blood pressure.
More diet than anything for the weight, cutting out the junk food and sugar and watching portion sizes. Getting a reasonable amount of exercise around the property (2 acre home paddock to start with, then the other 8 acres) doing things manually because I can't afford the machines to do it for me  ;D Might not get the machines at all if this keeps up!!

Bunyip
2002 Landcruiser GXV

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #315 on: February 17, 2019, 01:58:55 PM »
selling a car today fro full price.

Listed at $2,250 on Gumtree ($2,200 on here) and sold for $2,250.  :cup:

Might have to bring the one owner Magna onto the lot this week I think.

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #316 on: February 17, 2019, 04:05:42 PM »
Took the Jayco Eagle out of storage yesterday and opened it up for the first time in 2.5 years today. Happy to say it is as good inside as the last time we packed it up - i was a bit worried that it might have got a bit of mould but nope, still has that new camper smell.

Also worked out that I can just fit it, the ute and the missus' car on the street out the front of our house without encroaching on what my neighbour likes to think is a natural extension of his property.

So now saving myself $25/week and the camper is ready to take camping whenever the urge hits me.... win/win  ;D

Not sure I'm game enough to take it on the beach behind the Triton just yet, but would like to give it a go sometime.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #317 on: February 17, 2019, 04:14:19 PM »
Finishing up swapping over my canopy from my old work ute onto the new work ute this arvo....i removed all my tools from it yesterday morning, called the neighbour over to help get the compressor out, then unbolted the canopy from the old tray and myself and the neighbour wrestled it over onto the new ute's tray (Was heaps heavier then I expected it to be). I then bolted it into position and we wrestled the compressor back into location, then i started putting the tools back in, but had a bbq to attend so called it quits around 3.30 p.m yesterday. Today I finished up putting the tools back in (more so installing the bolts that hold both the mitre saws in location from sliding around), then repositioned the 100mm pipe that holds the straight edges from on top of the canopy to under the tray, then made up a draw system for the back centre area of the canopy from left over ply sheet and heavy duty draw slides that I had sitting in the shed....it's all ready to drive to work tomorrow morning now, and a few things will be easier to access then how I previously had them set up 8)
What didn't make me smile...knowing I've spent most of my weekend getting stuff ready for work tomorrow :'(

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #318 on: February 18, 2019, 09:20:13 AM »
Finishing up swapping over my canopy from my old work ute onto the new work ute this arvo....i removed all my tools from it yesterday morning, called the neighbour over to help get the compressor out, then unbolted the canopy from the old tray and myself and the neighbour wrestled it over onto the new ute's tray (Was heaps heavier then I expected it to be). I then bolted it into position and we wrestled the compressor back into location, then i started putting the tools back in, but had a bbq to attend so called it quits around 3.30 p.m yesterday. Today I finished up putting the tools back in (more so installing the bolts that hold both the mitre saws in location from sliding around), then repositioned the 100mm pipe that holds the straight edges from on top of the canopy to under the tray, then made up a draw system for the back centre area of the canopy from left over ply sheet and heavy duty draw slides that I had sitting in the shed....it's all ready to drive to work tomorrow morning now, and a few things will be easier to access then how I previously had them set up 8)
What didn't make me smile...knowing I've spent most of my weekend getting stuff ready for work tomorrow :'(
:worthles:
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2019, 09:42:16 AM »
Had to smile even though it sh*tes me off big time ..
 We have a neighbour that likes to see what everyone else in the street is doing, nice enough people,  BUT  Real Dorry Evens  types  on steroids ..
They had just walked the yappy mutt up and down the street and  went inside.
 So out the front I go to muck around with the camper .. Bingo  ...   less than a few minutes out comes Dorry with the dog,  hovering around the front of their place looking around scanning whats going on,  then ol mate comes out with the hose ..
So I go back inside, sure enough Im gone, back inside they go too, give it ten minutes and out I go again, checking the watch it took them both just under four minutes to reappear.
 Yup you guessed it walking the dog and hanging on the hose  ;D ;D .. Give them a wave and back inside again . :D
Wait another 15 minutes, look outside both gone,  Then pop the garage door up rattle a few tools, Must be getting a bit tired, it took them about 8 minutes, Out they come again, Ol mate had the dog this time and she started  pulling a couple of leaves from the hedges  .. GOTCHA  ....
..I just smiled and went back inside ..

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #320 on: February 18, 2019, 09:45:18 AM »
 We have a neighbour that likes to see what everyone else in the street is doing, nice enough people,  BUT  Real Dorry Evens  types  on steroids ..
 So out the front I go to muck around with the camper .. Bingo  ...   less than a few minutes out comes Dorry with the dog,  hovering around the front of their place looking around scanning whats going on,  then ol mate comes out with the hose ..
So I go back inside, sure enough Im gone, back inside they go too, give it ten minutes and out I go again, checking the watch it took them both just under four minutes to reappear.
 Yup you guessed it walking the dog and hanging on the hose  ;D ;D .. Give them a wave and back inside again . :D
Wait another 15 minutes, look outside both gone,  Then pop the garage door up rattle a few tools, Must be getting a bit tired, it took them about 8 minutes, Out they come again, Ol mate had the dog this time and she started  pulling a couple of leaves from the hedges  .. GOTCHA  ....
I'd have fun with someone like that too! LMAO!!!
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #321 on: February 18, 2019, 06:51:41 PM »
:worthles:
don't actually have any pics at all of it yet...lol

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #322 on: February 18, 2019, 07:30:03 PM »

Did you get a nice damper        ??? ??? :-*                            :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #323 on: February 18, 2019, 07:36:04 PM »

lts sad that all they can call entertainment is you   ,  & you don't want to play  :'(   Stiff  to them  :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #324 on: February 18, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »
Knowing that I don’t particpate in any FB “community” pages.

Apparently, people in Townsville are going nuts over people going through the stuff they have chucked out for rubbish collection after the floods. Like the usual arguments over whether or not it is stealing to take from roadside collection but on steroids!

Some of the quotes are hilarious though, like “we’re not throwing it out because we don’t want it, we’re throwing it out because it’s ruinned by sewage and water.....it’s heartbreaking to have to throw it out. People taking things off the pile are like a stab in the heart!” Or “these thieves are spreading germs all over Townsville, there will be a sickness epidemic of great proportions!”