Author Topic: "Daily Rant" thread 2019  (Read 35002 times)

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Re: "Daily Rant" thread 2019
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2019, 08:29:33 AM »
Maybe  someone is  painting with infra red from different sites intermittently and watching the bear chase the dot bunnies with his FLIR / thermal for a bit of fun .   :angel:
For the record I prefer the thump thump of the Huey over the annoying buzzing Gnat Eurocopters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDvSrMnL-8M   ..    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiBfFGbN0z0
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:31:07 AM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2019, 10:57:03 AM »
they do it regularly here in Brisbane....

Recently at our place on the north side ( which can at times be under a flight path)we had the helicopter flying a low and purposeful circle just to the north of our property, no lights etc. The noise got my attention and I went outside to have a look n see, the helicopter continued its current circuit.
On our property we have 2 rather large spot lights , one to shine over the house area and another that shines down the back. I decided to turn the lights on and on the very next circuit of the helicopter, they changed course and came overhead and had a closer look at the lights and did 2 more circuits overhead before I gave a wave and they redirected back to their original circuit before then flying off into the darkness of night.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2019, 11:15:25 AM »
Same only ever seen black hawks flying in my area without lights as I live near a RAAF base. Literally can’t see them, but that doesn’t happen often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you know if you can't see em!  :D :D :D
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2019, 11:38:36 AM »
That distinctive sound of the rotors is all you need

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2019, 12:48:51 PM »
How would you know if you can't see em!  :D :D :D
Usually the notification in the local paper helps ;)

Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline GBC

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »
ADF elite guys run night ops over the greenbank army grounds as well. We’ve cleaned up after some of their tree trimming exercises a few times. Then there was the time they were assaulting a small outbuilding and rappelling down to it from a blackhawk. Unfortunately a couple of roof tiles let go and within a couple of secs all the tiles were gone and half the walls too  :cheers: 

Offline Brisbane Puff

• Tent User
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2019, 07:43:55 PM »
That distinctive sound of the rotors is all you need

Yeah... To get the goosebumps working.... Thing is an EC135 has twin Allisons (with the associated transmission whine), so coming low and fast at you wears a bit thin after an hour or so..

GBC: The ADF Elite use Blackhawks.. Their sound is completely different.. And they don't get the blade flex.. We are only a couple of K's away from that area.. So much so that I can tell when they are using Styers or H&K's on the sneaker range.. And the Mag 58's come over the TV sometimes if the wind is coming this way..

And as EDZ says, there is nothing like the flex on two bloody great Huey blades. Especially at 100Knots under full load... Ahhhh.. memories... 

But I digress, the main bitch was about no nav lights AND no transponder..
Puff

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2019, 10:57:54 AM »
It seems like every Friday and Saturday night our local Bear in the sky flies triangulated flight paths between those three points..

That must be the nights they're not buzzing around our area :'(
Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie: Sunliner Holiday 16' caravan

Offline Brisbane Puff

• Tent User
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2019, 06:06:53 PM »
That must be the nights they're not buzzing around our area :'(

Yeah, that's the first one they got.. Called Polair 1..
Interesting thing I just checked out though. They are listed as B105's, (not EC 135's) which was/is the original version made by Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm  who gave a manufacturing license to both Indonesia and the Philippines.. I wonder which one was the cheapest tender???   
Puff

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2019, 07:55:05 AM »
Yep!

& I believe that they're not actually Police pilots ???

http://australianaviation.com.au/2014/07/queensland-police-launch-polair-2/

"The 1996 model BO 105 CBS-5 will be operated for Queensland Police by Surf Life Saving Queensland "

"Both aircraft are crewed by a civilian Surf Life Saving Queensland pilot and two police aircrew officers comprising a mission coordinator sitting opposite the pilot, and a FLIR operator in the rear left seat."

To my mind, that changes the "police cars running red lights" theory of they can do whatever they want somewhat ???

I reckon that if anything did happen while they were flying in stealth mode, then that civvie pilot would have his arse handed to him :'(

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2019, 07:57:01 AM »
Yep!

& I believe that they're not actually Police pilots ???

http://australianaviation.com.au/2014/07/queensland-police-launch-polair-2/

"The 1996 model BO 105 CBS-5 will be operated for Queensland Police by Surf Life Saving Queensland "

"Both aircraft are crewed by a civilian Surf Life Saving Queensland pilot and two police aircrew officers comprising a mission coordinator sitting opposite the pilot, and a FLIR operator in the rear left seat."

To my mind, that changes the "police cars running red lights" theory of they can do whatever they want somewhat ???

I reckon that if anything did happen while they were flying in stealth mode, then that civvie pilot would have his arse handed to him :'(

Usually given special constable status.
Bought a what?

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2019, 08:03:35 AM »
Thanks JA, that changes things a bit

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »
I remember up in Townsville, back in the 80's when I was in the RAAF, when I nearly cleaned up a Blackhawk. He came belting down a taxi way, just off the ground, no lights, and crossed in front of the old 4 tonne truck I was driving down the side track at the time. My jocks ended up camo patterned after that.
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Brisbane Puff

• Tent User
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2019, 09:08:57 PM »
Having your nav lights off is one thing..... But why no transponder???
Do they possibly think that the guy in that stolen car has an ATC receiver??? Nah.. He probably just has his mate hanging out the window looking for possible low flying helicopters.. http://www.myswag.org/Smileys/classic/grin.gif ...Damn, I don't know what I'm doing wrong with the emoji's..

Troopy_03: He was probably doing touch and goes using night vision. He would have been too busy watching the terrain, but his spotter should have told him you were there. Your head lights should have lit up like a Christmas Tree....  I once at a FSB, I saw the aftermath of a Snook that impaled itself on the barrel of a M175 doing similar. Except that the 175 was moving. ( and didn't budge during or after either for that matter)...http://www.myswag.org/Smileys/classic/grin.gif
Puff

Online Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2019, 09:53:05 PM »
Nah.. He probably just has his mate hanging out the window looking for possible low flying helicopters.. http://www.myswag.org/Smileys/classic/grin.gif ...Damn, I don't know what I'm doing wrong with the emoji's..

Use IMG tags instead of URL tags.

Offline Troopy_03

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Now a small poptop c'van. Really miss the CT :-(
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2019, 09:59:37 PM »
Having your nav lights off is one thing..... But why no transponder???
Do they possibly think that the guy in that stolen car has an ATC receiver??? Nah.. He probably just has his mate hanging out the window looking for possible low flying helicopters.. http://www.myswag.org/Smileys/classic/grin.gif ...Damn, I don't know what I'm doing wrong with the emoji's..

Troopy_03: He was probably doing touch and goes using night vision. He would have been too busy watching the terrain, but his spotter should have told him you were there. Your head lights should have lit up like a Christmas Tree....  I once at a FSB, I saw the aftermath of a Snook that impaled itself on the barrel of a M175 doing similar. Except that the 175 was moving. ( and didn't budge during or after either for that matter)...http://www.myswag.org/Smileys/classic/grin.gif

Nah, they had been doing night exercises (manouvres?) and he was just coming down the taxi way. That always amused me, that they followed taxi ways, instead of just plonking down on the hard stand, where they wanted to park. We were also told to turn off our headlights on the vehicles, so we didn't blind the AJs in the angry palm trees, while they were buggerising around. That didn't go over well, when a young screw doing a bit of a security check around the area, ran into an F-18 Stabilator...
4.2L TD Toyota Troopy, (Clarke's Country Camper Trailer, softfloor.) sold it and bought a Avan Ray small poptop caravan. I miss being able to acces the little tracks off into the scrub.

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2019, 07:17:49 AM »
That didn't go over well, when a young screw doing a bit of a security check around the area, ran into an F-18 Stabilator...

Oooooopppps! ::)

That would have been one hell of an L&D to fill out, especially when it comes back member to pay! >:D

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2019, 08:59:26 AM »
This defies logic.
NO cracks before work.. work happens -walls crack, contractor says its not our fault

In an email last week, the joint venture contractor CPB Samsung John Holland said their claim for compensation had been knocked back.

The couple said they were not aware they had lodged a formal claim – they only sent an email with photographs of the cracks to the contractor – and no-one visited their home to inspect the walls.

"Essentially they've denied our claim before they've inspected the damage," Mrs Neves said. "They're not even taking the process seriously, they were always going to deny our claims.

"It's frustrating. There are going to be more of these [tunnelling] projects and they're really going to affect a huge percentage of people in Sydney."

A spokeswoman for WestConnex Minister Stuart Ayres said residents who had concerns about their engineering assessment could go to Roads and Maritime Services for an independent review of their claim. "We care greatly about what happens to people’s homes and we want to make sure the contractor is held to account for any damage they have caused."

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/national/nsw/farcical-sydney-residents-claims-over-westconnex-cracking-denied-20190110-p50qld.html
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 09:04:20 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2019, 12:41:32 PM »
He's got to be joking. Just received this.

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2019, 02:31:02 PM »
He's got to be joking. Just received this.
Maybe he's a genius.
He has been bombarding you with his messages to highlight the bad decisions of the current powers that allowed it, as a means to show why they need to voted out.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2019, 03:13:36 PM »
Maybe he's a genius.
He has been bombarding you with his messages to highlight the bad decisions of the current powers that allowed it, as a means to show why they need to voted out.
Wouldn’t matter the grub would never get my vote anyway.
In saying that I’ve also never received a text from labor or liberal candidates. The only two I have received are from this buffoon

Bought a what?

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2019, 03:21:40 PM »
Maybe he's a genius.

And the next mob are better??????  Really! 
Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2019, 04:25:46 PM »
Maybe he's a genius.
after he pays what he owes, I'll listen to him
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2019, 05:18:13 PM »
That terrible moment on a mid 30's deg C high humidity day when you realize you forgot to put a few beers in the fridge, Remedy the situation by putting said beer cans  in FREEZER to chill quicker and get distracted  way longer than planned / Go and get cleaned up, looking forwards to a N...ICCCEEEE ! Beer ...........................................................................  Popsicle ... Arrrggghhhhh .
Slowly defrosting now, Well atleast theyre cold .

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2019, 06:24:24 PM »
That terrible moment on a mid 30's deg C high humidity day when you realize you forgot to put a few beers in the fridge, Remedy the situation by putting said beer cans  in FREEZER to chill quicker and get distracted  way longer than planned / Go and get cleaned up, looking forwards to a N...ICCCEEEE ! Beer ...........................................................................  Popsicle ... Arrrggghhhhh .
Slowly defrosting now, Well atleast theyre cold .
You shouldn't have been perving on the chick in the bus  >:D >:D >:D
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"