Author Topic: "Daily Rant" thread 2019  (Read 10619 times)

Offline rags

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: "Daily Rant" thread 2019
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2019, 07:51:42 PM »
Hey Rags, here's a tip for ya.

As soon as I got home from the "Top and Tail", I downed a couple of Gastro-Stops.
Otherwise, you won't trust a fart for ages.

Thanks Jeepers, I will keep this and all the other tips I have read here on the subject in mind.

It is all sh!t, pardon the pun.

I did the peco prep stuff late last year. tasted just like orange cordial.
Followed the directions re what to eat in the leadup.

Ist lot did nothing.
2 hrs later the2nd lot did nothing.
2 hrs later the 3rd lot did nothing.
Then after 30 minutes felt a rumbling, went to the dunny where I had placed a 10" tablet with a few shows on it.
45 minutes later all over.

Next day the colonoscopy went smooth, didn't feel a thing and didn't have a general anesthetic.
Stop scaring people into delaying it.
Its important.
Rant over.

Agree Kangaron about the importance of a good camera job.
My brother neglected signs and seeking further investigation and died of a esophagus cancer. A simple camera inspection may have detected the cancer  before it got out of hand.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2019, 08:08:29 PM »
Talking about Shit...The Most Functional English Word!   ;D ;D just had to borrow it from FB.

That’s Right Shit! When You Consider: You can get Shit-faced, be Shit out of luck, or have Shit for Brains, with A Little effort you can get your Shit together, find a place For your Shit, or be asked to Shit or get off the pot. You Can smoke Shit, buy Shit, sell Shit; you can lose Shit, find Shit, Forget Shit, & tell others to eat Shit. Some people know their Shit, while others can't tell the difference between Shit and Shineole. There are lucky Shits and dumb Shit. Sometimes you See crazy Shit. There is BullShit, horseShit and chicken Shit. You can throw Shit, sling Shit and catch Shit. You can shoot The Shit, or duck when the Shit hits the fan, you can even serve Shit on a shingle. Sometimes you can find yourself in deep Shit And sometimes you can be Happier than a pig in Shit. Some days Are colder than Shit, other days are Hotter than Shit, some Days are just plain Shitty. Things can look like Shit; At times, you can feel like Shit, you can have too much Shit, not enough Shit, you can have the right Shit, the wrong Shit, and you can have Lots Of weird Shit. You can carry Shit, you can have a mountain of Shit. Sometimes you can find yourself up Shit creek without a paddle. At times everything you touch turns to Shit and other Times you can fall in a bucket of Shit and come out smelling like a rose. When You stop to consider all the facts, Shit is the basic building block Of the English Language. And remember once you know your Shit, you won’t need to know any other Shit! You can pass this along if you give a Shit, or not if you don’t give a Shit! Well Shit it's time For me to get some Shit done. However, I just wanted you to Know that I do give a Shit & hope you have a nice day without Having to deal with a lot Of Shit. If you happen to catch a load Of Shit from some Shit-head, Well Shit happens! Don't forget That at Poopy's Shit happens 7 Days a week and Prices are always Cheaper than Shit!!!
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2019, 08:09:16 PM »

Ist lot did nothing.
Then after 30 minutes felt a rumbling, went to the dunny where I had placed a 10" tablet with a few shows on it.

Next day the colonoscopy went smooth, didn't feel a thing and didn't have a general anesthetic.
Its important.
Rant over.

Tightarse! :-*
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2019, 05:29:25 AM »

Ist lot did nothing.

Its important.
Rant over.

I would suggest, you are the lucky one then.
Even my doctor warned me about what to expect.

Different folks will experience different outcomes obviously.

But, better to be prepared for the worst than be expecting your outcome and not get it.

So you were awake for the poke and prod.  ???
Country Lane Classic Cars.

We stand behind every car we sell.
We may not help you push it home, but we will stand behind it and watch.

Offline macca

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #229 on: February 08, 2019, 06:08:43 AM »
Talking about Shit...The Most Functional English Word!   ;D ;D just had to borrow it from FB.

That’s Right Shit! When You Consider: You can get Shit-faced, be Shit out of luck, or have Shit for Brains, with A Little effort you can get your Shit together, find a place For your Shit, or be asked to Shit or get off the pot. You Can smoke Shit, buy Shit, sell Shit; you can lose Shit, find Shit, Forget Shit, & tell others to eat Shit. Some people know their Shit, while others can't tell the difference between Shit and Shineole. There are lucky Shits and dumb Shit. Sometimes you See crazy Shit. There is BullShit, horseShit and chicken Shit. You can throw Shit, sling Shit and catch Shit. You can shoot The Shit, or duck when the Shit hits the fan, you can even serve Shit on a shingle. Sometimes you can find yourself in deep Shit And sometimes you can be Happier than a pig in Shit. Some days Are colder than Shit, other days are Hotter than Shit, some Days are just plain Shitty. Things can look like Shit; At times, you can feel like Shit, you can have too much Shit, not enough Shit, you can have the right Shit, the wrong Shit, and you can have Lots Of weird Shit. You can carry Shit, you can have a mountain of Shit. Sometimes you can find yourself up Shit creek without a paddle. At times everything you touch turns to Shit and other Times you can fall in a bucket of Shit and come out smelling like a rose. When You stop to consider all the facts, Shit is the basic building block Of the English Language. And remember once you know your Shit, you won’t need to know any other Shit! You can pass this along if you give a Shit, or not if you don’t give a Shit! Well Shit it's time For me to get some Shit done. However, I just wanted you to Know that I do give a Shit & hope you have a nice day without Having to deal with a lot Of Shit. If you happen to catch a load Of Shit from some Shit-head, Well Shit happens! Don't forget That at Poopy's Shit happens 7 Days a week and Prices are always Cheaper than Shit!!!
Well Edz you seem to know your Shit, so maybe you can answer this one, why when you type Shit in myswag does it always change to a capital S

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline MarkGU

• TOYOTA RECOVERY UNIT
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Some people have dreams, i have plans.
    • Everyday Hero
« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2019, 06:32:39 AM »
you dont know Jack Schitt do you Edz  >:D

For some time many of us have wondered just who is Jack Schitt? We find ourselves at a loss when someone says, "You don't know Jack Schitt!" Well, thanks to my genealogy efforts, you can now respond in an intellectual way.

Jack Schitt is the only son of Awe Schitt.

Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married Miss O. Needeep They had one son, Jack.

In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt. The deeply religious couple produced six children: Holie Schitt, Giva Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt.

Against her parents' objections, Deap Schitt married her cousin Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout. After being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced.

Noe Schitt later married Ted Sherlock, and, because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was then known as Noe Schitt Sherlock.

Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt, and they produced a son with a rather nervous disposition named Chick N. Schitt.

Two of the other six children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony.

The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens nuptials.

The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Hoarse. Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt.

Now when someone says, "You don't know Jack Schitt," you can correct them.
99'Gu 4.2 Patrol.
2004 Jayco Outback Swan

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/markgu/patrol?fu=5470975
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #231 on: February 08, 2019, 07:44:23 AM »
Just when you thought you thought PC couldnt get worse

From a mate..
A guy just called the radio station.
He applied for a passport last year for his kid, so he got the paper work and filled it out online. Then printed it.
But he waited a couple of months.
Then went into post office to get it sorted.

'Oh cant accept them, they are the old forms' .... what's the difference? ...

'oh, we are not allowed to call it mother and father .. now it is parent 1 and parent 2' ...

So form is invalid now, you need the new form .... lol

There is no hope left is there?
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #232 on: February 08, 2019, 08:57:10 AM »
New toilet signage to cater for transgender or anyone who is not sure if they want to sit or stand to pee.
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #233 on: February 08, 2019, 09:00:07 AM »
[quote ]
Well Edz you seem to know your Shit, so maybe you can answer this one, why when you type Shit in myswag does it always change to a capital S

[/quote]

Shit so it does, go figure . Must emphasize it to make it more important . ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:01:41 AM by edz »

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #234 on: February 09, 2019, 09:33:37 AM »
For the 1st time in a long time , yesterday I had cause it install windoze10 on my laptop .  :'( What bloody invasion of privacy that was   >:( >:( Name, DOB,where were you born,phone number, email address , WTF does that have to do with MS.Compare to Linux, insert user name and password, that's it  ;D
How the hell did sheeple allow this to happen. :o :o :o :o
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"
www.keithandbronnies.photos

Online paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #235 on: February 09, 2019, 09:49:29 AM »
For the 1st time in a long time , yesterday I had cause it install windoze10 on my laptop .  :'( What bloody invasion of privacy that was   >:( >:( Name, DOB,where were you born,phone number, email address , WTF does that have to do with MS.Compare to Linux, insert user name and password, that's it  ;D
How the hell did sheeple allow this to happen. :o :o :o :o

not sure what you were doing, but a standard install doesn't require that if you don't want to...

give the machine a name and create a local user account and you are good to go...

Offline MrCruza

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #236 on: February 09, 2019, 01:19:00 PM »
not sure what you were doing, but a standard install doesn't require that if you don't want to...

give the machine a name and create a local user account and you are good to go...

What he said. No dramas. Then download the Shutup10 utility from ..

O&O Software.

Use this to keep control of all the security settings in Windows 10. Run it and select "Recommended Settings".
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 05:06:06 PM by MrCruza »
Cheers, John.

'12 Cruiser
'06 Destiny Outback

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2019, 04:44:10 PM »
Quote from: xcvator
...  insert user name and password, that's it  ;D
thats all I've ever done on a win10 machine... not sure what you did
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline bkim

• Swag User
« Reply #238 on: February 10, 2019, 12:39:59 AM »
I do several installs a month for friends and relations, never anything more than password and name, if they want a local account. 

If they want a Microsoft account and a lot do! username is usually a secondary email address and password, never seen Microsoft want any more info than that
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:46:42 AM by bkim »

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2019, 10:06:04 AM »
It’s not bad enough that I have to spend my Sunday morning digging post holes for a deck on the in-laws new granny flat, but it has to be right in the middle of my old subsurface irrigation lines.

Just to remind me that right before we decided to put a house in this spot I paid 1,000s of dollars to fix this irrigation area for a second time after the first system failed.....

Offline speewa158

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2019, 10:26:30 AM »
lts off to Bumblings for a collection of bits to fix the gap     :cheers:
You can go your own way . Treg Up & Make Dust

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2019, 10:48:20 AM »
But Pete, think of the positives :D

Now you won't have to excavate for sewerage lines - just hook everything up to the existing pipes & drain it all out across the yard! >:D :-*
Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie: Sunliner Holiday 16' caravan

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2019, 01:06:35 PM »
The new treatment plant is working perfectly and the new surface irrigation area on the other side of the yard has beautiful lush green grass growing on it.

I just didn’t need reminding that I wasted so much money try to fix the old system. Especially not while sweating my ring out digging holes in this clay and sandstone ground.... ;)

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #243 on: February 12, 2019, 11:16:18 AM »
Another week... another large corp underpaying staff... only underpaying by 32 million...

are fines big enough to force companies to really take this seriously? how about starting fines at 10 million instead of $2.50 inc GST....

“We are very disappointed that we have let these team members down and not met our standards,
and we apologise to each person affected unreservedly," Mr Birtles said.

Super Retail Group, which also owns the Rays Outdoors and BCF retail chains, said on Tuesday a recent review of its employment arrangements had uncovered the underpayments.

That review was launched last year after the company discovered it underpaid workers setting up new stores by $8 million, also by not applying penalty rates and other allowances to the overtime hours they worked.

“The issue with our retail managers reflects the same problem that we recently uncovered with our Set Up team members," Mr Birtles said. "They are both serious underpayment that we deeply regret."

https://www.theage.com.au/business/workplace/rebel-sport-supercheap-auto-owner-underpaid-staff-32m-20190212-p50x5q.html
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Rodt

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #244 on: February 12, 2019, 12:58:44 PM »
Dunno mate but it looks like they have done the right thing here. They discovered the mistake themselves and then self reported to Fair Work. I wonder how many others would have done the same thing?

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #245 on: February 12, 2019, 03:09:28 PM »
.. Pigs .. and snouts in the trough.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #246 on: February 13, 2019, 05:17:55 AM »
Another time, another place.... I wish I could go back there.

Back when there was either a him or a her.
Back when chicks didn't mind the odd Uncle Merv from a bloke.
This ad would cause an uproar today..... so sad the world has gotten to where it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=780BPTivKfk
Country Lane Classic Cars.

We stand behind every car we sell.
We may not help you push it home, but we will stand behind it and watch.

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #247 on: February 13, 2019, 02:01:01 PM »

This ad would cause an uproar today..... so sad the world has gotten to where it is

Some how they were simpler times
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2019, 02:43:44 PM »
And much much better.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2019, 03:03:02 PM »

how do you think Hoges would have gone  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAT-1xmbxEs :D\

or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZUwfZxb_04
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:22:13 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo