Author Topic: "Daily Rant" thread 2019  (Read 96360 times)

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: "Daily Rant" thread 2019
« Reply #1125 on: October 01, 2019, 07:14:58 PM »
Just had to do a quick servo run and grab 2 identical swap and go bottles.
Only one catch, despite both bottles being stamped with only 200g difference in tare weight and paying for the same amount of gas, they felt totally different when carry one on each arm walking to the car.

Got home and threw them on the scales.....
Sure enough, 1.2kg difference between bottles.

Nice little 1kg profit for them right there.

Offline xcvator

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1126 on: October 01, 2019, 07:43:20 PM »
My postie has been doing the same, leaving a card without even trying to see if I'm home.
(We're in a battleaxe)
It happens every time now.
I have cameras on the whole place so I can see whats happened.

I went to the post office to get my parcel (A cheap phone cover for my daughter) and told them they could stick it.
If they can't be bothered doing there job, I can't be bothered picking it up. I'll just report it as not delivered.
I also offered to post images and notes on our local facebook page and contact my local mp and newspaper.
I also offered to make as many waves as I could just because I can.
(Yes, I'm an old cantankerous bestard!)

Oddly enough just over an hour later my parcel was delivered to the door by a courier!!!!

Seriously what is wrong with people now? ???
OK I'll admit - clearly I have issues, but I'm just sick of people scamming, dodging responsibility and blaming society.
Man the hell up and do the job, you're paid to do.

So am I, and don't it get results   :cup: :cup: :cup: Too many people now just complain and winge, but do nothing about it
spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
July 10/2012  outback campers "Tanami"
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline rockrat

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1127 on: October 02, 2019, 06:52:37 AM »
Hey Jeepers it is the Daily Rant Thread so I think both you and Brian are safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following users thanked this post: Jeepers Creepers

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1128 on: October 02, 2019, 07:14:55 AM »
Sounds like Brian had a win.  Stuck a rocket up the arse of the post master and an hour later parcel arrives.  I,d be pissed too if the lazy postie couldn't be furked delivering because I lived in a battleaxe drive.  Especially if it was a common experience. Happily I have an excellent postie.   

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
"Daily Rant" thread 2019
« Reply #1129 on: October 02, 2019, 07:17:36 AM »
I actually like the idea of reporting all of my parcels as not delivered.
That’s about the only thing I haven’t tried in my futile efforts to get parcels delivered to my house instead of being left the post office for me to collect myself.

I’ve tried all of the correct processes to try and get my postie to actually deliver a parcel to me instead of writing “sorry we missed you” notes. I offered to build a huge box on the fence. I asked if there was a document I could sign to say the can leave parcels even if they require a signature.
Nothing has worked though.
My postie still smiles and waves at me as I’m standing in the driveway and she drops off the “sorry we missed you” note in the letter box and makes me follow her back to the post office and collect my delivery for myself.

I now joke with the lady behind the counter that I should just write the post office address as my house address and save the postie writing her little notes. ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 07:19:23 AM by Pete79 »
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1130 on: October 02, 2019, 08:02:09 AM »
Sounds like Brian had a win.  Stuck a rocket up the arse of the post master and an hour later parcel arrives.  I,d be pissed too if the lazy postie couldn't be furked delivering because I lived in a battleaxe drive.  Especially if it was a common experience. Happily I have an excellent postie.

Make no mistake, i think Brian is entitled to have his mail delivered correctly.

What I do have an issue with, is more and more today, everyone deems it necessary to "stick a rocket up their arse"
Then they threaten staff (Most likely not the person responsible) with all manner of threats.
To threaten to go to the papers and the member of Parliament in simply absurd.
Then we want to get on Facebook and tell the world how hard done by we are.
Brian can then bathe in the glory of the support he gets for situation he's in.

I'm sure, a quiet word to the Post Office Manager would be more beneficial.

Due to the world today, being what it is, they just couriered the parcel to shut him up.
It turns out, that even that wasn't good enough, or he would've made the post on here about it in the first place. 

The bit I don't get, was he was pissed off, because he had to go to the post office to pickup his parcel.
Then decided, he didn't want it after all and wouldn't take it.
Then said, he would cry "undelivered" which is sort of correct, but not really.

Then boasted he got it delivered anyway.

Very child like temper tantrums from an adult.

You want to hope Brian, your postie isn't a vindictive prick.
You might have some mail.... just go missing from time to time.

Keep in mind too, we have only heard this story from one side.
I'm sure though, Brian would've boosted the facts either.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 08:07:16 AM by Jeepers Creepers »
The following users thanked this post: slave

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1131 on: October 02, 2019, 08:30:16 AM »

No it doesn't. Tried that one.
Franchise owner and delivery contractor. Absolutely no connection with each other.

The office manager gave me an Aus Post contact for my issue, didn't even get a reply to acknowledge receipt of my inquiry from them.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1132 on: October 02, 2019, 08:35:33 AM »
I must be lucky, I've never had an issue with mail delivery or contractors.

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1133 on: October 02, 2019, 08:36:53 AM »
I must be lucky, I've never had an issue with mail delivery or contractors.

well, if you do have trouble over and over again (like others obviously have and do), remember to set the example you have set out for the rest of us...

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #1134 on: October 02, 2019, 08:38:28 AM »
Make no mistake, i think Brian is entitled to have his mail delivered correctly.

You're out of line with your personal attack on Brian, as subsequent posts reveal this is a frustrating issue for many and I include myself in that. Delivery has been paid for, deliver it.

On a personal note, if you need to talk mate, PM me any time.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1135 on: October 02, 2019, 09:02:13 AM »
Nah..... not really....  ;D

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Don't wish for it...Work for it!
« Reply #1136 on: October 02, 2019, 10:20:07 AM »
This probably highlights the problem with eBay purchases, there doesn't appear to be any avenue to give 'Authority to Leave for deliveries.
I had a recent delivery from eBay, first one went back to base which I had to pick up. Had a faulty item so another was sent and this time I was home, had a winge to driver who promptly said 'no worries, sign this & I'll leave all future deliveries at your door.'
So perhaps the rage should be directed to eBay sellers to use a better delivery service.
In saying this though I have had deliveries with ATL & dickhead took back to base. I lost my Shit over that one

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It is better to stand alone with the Truth
Than to be Wrong with the Multitudes

Offline paceman

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1137 on: October 02, 2019, 10:22:42 AM »
This probably highlights the problem with eBay purchases, there doesn't appear to be any avenue to give 'Authority to Leave for deliveries.
I had a recent delivery from eBay, first one went back to base which I had to pick up. Had a faulty item so another was sent and this time I was home, had a winge to driver who promptly said 'no worries, sign this & I'll leave all future deliveries at your door.'
So perhaps the rage should be directed to eBay sellers to use a better delivery service.
In saying this though I have had deliveries with ATL & dickhead took back to base. I lost my Shit over that one

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

i think that depends on the contractor too...

i haven't had to go to the post office to pick up a parcel from ebay/aliexpress/courier in years...

they leave it at my front door, every time... which is fine with me...

what i found works well is actually developing a relationship with the delivery driver... i have done that with two now and have not had an issue with a delivery...

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1138 on: October 02, 2019, 12:18:03 PM »
Quote from: Moggy
ebay seller has your money... most are overseas.. no ****s left to give.
-
Click to enlarge

Assembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by me, Kiwi, Evo n Farkaway Electrics

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1139 on: October 02, 2019, 02:02:58 PM »
Why the fluck does a manual have to printed so small that you can't read the bloody thing ? Why bother putting it in the box in the 1st place

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1140 on: October 02, 2019, 02:33:07 PM »
Quote from: xcvator
Why the fluck does a manual have to printed so small that you can't read the bloody thing ? Why bother putting it in the box in the 1st place

Yours has words?  Most have some Shitful picture with numbers on them that relate to nothing your actually trying to do...
-
Click to enlarge

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1141 on: October 02, 2019, 03:30:17 PM »

What I do have an issue with, is more and more today, everyone deems it necessary to "stick a rocket up their arse"
Then they threaten staff (Most likely not the person responsible) with all manner of threats.
To threaten to go to the papers and the member of Parliament in simply absurd.
Then we want to get on Facebook and tell the world how hard done by we are.
Brian can then bathe in the glory of the support he gets for situation he's in.

Due to the world today, being what it is, they just couriered the parcel to shut him up.
It turns out, that even that wasn't good enough, or he would've made the post on here about it in the first place. 

The bit I don't get, was he was pissed off, because he had to go to the post office to pickup his parcel.
Then decided, he didn't want it after all and wouldn't take it.
Then said, he would cry "undelivered" which is sort of correct, but not really.

Then boasted he got it delivered anyway.

Very child like temper tantrums from an adult.

You want to hope Brian, your postie isn't a vindictive prick.
You might have some mail.... just go missing from time to time.

Keep in mind too, we have only heard this story from one side.
I'm sure though, Brian would've boosted the facts either.

Wow Jeepers, what did I do to you???

(By the way, I did ask at the post office several times, I did ask the postie personally and there is some more to the story, including the authority to leave stickers auspost put on, but hey I was having a whinge in the rant thread, not writing a novel)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 03:32:34 PM by briann532 »
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline Aussie Iron

• Swag User
« Reply #1142 on: October 02, 2019, 04:47:15 PM »
I actually like the idea of reporting all of my parcels as not delivered.
That’s about the only thing I haven’t tried in my futile efforts to get parcels delivered to my house instead of being left the post office for me to collect myself.

I’ve tried all of the correct processes to try and get my postie to actually deliver a parcel to me instead of writing “sorry we missed you” notes. I offered to build a huge box on the fence. I asked if there was a document I could sign to say the can leave parcels even if they require a signature.
Nothing has worked though.
My postie still smiles and waves at me as I’m standing in the driveway and she drops off the “sorry we missed you” note in the letter box and makes me follow her back to the post office and collect my delivery for myself.

I now joke with the lady behind the counter that I should just write the post office address as my house address and save the postie writing her little notes. ;)

There is form that you can sign so that they don't have to have a signature for your parcel but then they take no responsibility for it after delivery. I use this system.

Dan.

Offline xcvator

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1143 on: October 02, 2019, 05:19:09 PM »
Yours has words?  Most have some Shitful picture with numbers on them that relate to nothing your actually trying to do...
Dunno, whatevers there is to small to see/read

tug 2018 Isuzu Mux LSU
1999 se diesel Jackaroo
New Age "Little Joey"

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1144 on: October 02, 2019, 05:22:27 PM »
Dunno, whatevers there is to small to see/read
call in the kids/grand kids
-
Click to enlarge

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1145 on: October 02, 2019, 06:10:29 PM »
I did ask the postie personally and there is some more to the story, including the authorityauthority to leave stickers auspost put on
If it helps, here are a few things that come into play.

There is no connection between the local post office and the delivery people-  they are two completely independant business arms.

Most often, large parcels are delivered by a subcontractor to Auspost, and letters and small parcels are delivered by a corporate postie - unless you live outside of a metrapolitan area, then it's all by a subcontractor.

It is the SENDER that pays austpost for the service, not the RECIEVER, so their delivery instructions are the ones that are generally followed, not the receivers wishes. If the SENDER has paid a higher rate to get a signature on delivery (which they do so they can confirm delivery), then Post is obliged to provide that service to them.

For ebay stuff coming from overseas, the scan event that shows delivery is the record that is used to bill the international services (like Chinapost). The way the Auspost scanners work, a delivery scan requires a name and signature from the recipient, so either you sign for it, or your delivery person fraudulently enters a name and signature (not worth his/her job to commit that criminal offense and breach FEDERAL law).

Dont bother flogging the girl at the post office, or the postie on the motorbike as they are doing what they are required to do, it's not their choice.

As for leaving a card without attempting delivery, well thats just fekkin lazy. However, some posties will write out the collection cards at the end of their delivery run and then deliver those cards the next day as the parcels wont get to the post office until the day after anyway (in metro areas the posties dont work from a post office), so its possible that the card that got left in your mailbox today could be for something they tried to deliver yesterday? It's about half the work to deliver it as it is to write the card and then follow all the processes with the parcel back at the depot. Not sure there would be to many posties choosing the harder of the two options if they had a choice?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 09:51:08 PM by Spada »
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Complete Campsite Exodus 16.

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1146 on: October 02, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »
As far as I'm aware, the posties around our way are Aus Post workers.....the contractors for parcel delivery are Star Track...owned by Aus Post. Along with a few other delivery companies, they mostly leave my stuff at the front door...except for the ones needing a signature...instigated by the sender...and one you can sometimes change if it allows on the tracking site.

But yes, it's a real pain to have to go to the post office, especially for a thing that fits in an envelope !!
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #1147 on: October 02, 2019, 08:39:28 PM »
Our lazy one is an Auspost Hivis  posty bike gang member,   Used to get the Hivis get fit pedal powered porker punishment version every now and then..
Annoying as it was having to go retrieve the tiny package, what made it 100 times worse,  was the end of life as we know it,  up and coming long weekend shopping center massed idiot Sheeple gathering event    ..
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #1148 on: October 03, 2019, 12:54:20 PM »
                  . Not being ungrateful , just frustrated with a broken / failing miss managed health  system .
Big Shout out to the INCOMPETENT medical Pro that cancelled the wifes much needed infusion drugs order,  only been having them fortnightly / monthly for near on 7 years.. 
Go to town, play the usual roundy roundy lottery for a hospital car park,  get in the waiting que to get hooked up at the cancer unit,  go through the trauma of getting the wife [ always painful for her ] hooked up  and " Ohh your drugs order has been cancelled   " What tha !! its a standing order with no end date ..
Hours of trying  to sort out why only to be told " Ohh theyre not here today " call back next week after the long weekend . In the meantime a fragile patients Morale / health  has sunk literally deeper than the Titanic ..
Love ya work PROFESSIONAL,  Just so happy about it, we could do hand stands and blow bubbles out our arse with the excitement ..   
                                                                                     NOT !!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 12:57:51 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #1149 on: October 03, 2019, 12:56:29 PM »
                  . Not being ungrateful , just frustrated with a broken / failing miss managed health  system .
Big Shout out to the INCOMPETENT medical Pro that cancelled the wifes much needed infusion drugs order,  only been having them fortnightly / monthly for near on 7 years.. 
Go to town, play the usual roundy roundy lottery for a hospital car park,  get in the waiting que to get hooked up at the cancer unit,  go through the trauma of getting the wife [ always painful for her ] hooked up  and " Ohh your drugs order has been cancelled   " What tha !! its a standing order with no end date ..
Hours of trying  to sort out why only to be told " Ohh theyre not here today " call back next week after the long weekend . In the meantime a fragile patients Morale / health  has sunk deeper than the Titanic ..
Love ya work PROFESSIONAL,  Just so happy about it, we could do hand stands and blow bubbles out our arse with the excitement ..   
                                                                                     NOT !!!

Our health system is as healthy as the dinosaur... and heading in the same direction..
-
Click to enlarge