Author Topic: Supercars 2019  (Read 12477 times)

GeoffA and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline weeds

• Hard Top Camper User
Re: Supercars 2019
« Reply #400 on: Today at 09:45:20 AM »
TA2 looks the goods.....

http://ta2racingaustralia.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The following users thanked this post: edz

Offline simmo_33

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #401 on: Today at 09:53:42 AM »
Mate, some keep saying it's dying.......but the crowds if anything are getting bigger !
I reckon crowds at most events have shrunk considerably except for a couple of the most iconic events e.g. Bathurst, Adelaide
Take Townsville for example, the first 2 years the event run the place was packed and there were nearly full grandstands everywhere. The 'entertainment' area inside the track was huge. The number of grandstands is now down to about 5 or so going by the tv shots this year. You could fire a shotgun down most viewing areas and be quite confident of not hitting any spectators.
The commentators talk all the crowds up, that's their job they are paid by Supercars. Pictures don't lie.
The support races are boring in general. The dual cab series is an insult to everyones intelligence. The super 2 category is just more of the same as the main game.
I know amongst the real racing diehards the series is slowly becoming/has become outdated and is dying a slow death. Supercars handling of the parity issue this year has made the category a complete and utter joke. Holdens not winning, noble the Mustangs and yet for 6 years the Nissans have struggled and not once have they been given something to make them competitive. Can't blame them for not wanting to be involved in the series anymore!!

Sorry about that, turns out I should have posted this in the daily rant thread!
The following users thanked this post: archer63

Offline simmo_33

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #402 on: Today at 10:04:10 AM »
TA2 looks the goods.....

http://ta2racingaustralia.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes and the same mob that have the rights to them ARG (Australian Racing Group) also have the rights to TCR and the S5000 open wheelers.
They have recently been awarded the 5th date at Bathurst starting from December 2020.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/09/19/arg-wins-tender-for-fifth-bathurst-event/
It looks like a good variety of racing categories, I hope they do well with it. Supercars needs the competition. Shannon's Nationals had some good categories racing but has never taken off like it should have for some reason.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #403 on: Today at 11:29:53 AM »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #404 on: Today at 11:38:44 AM »
NEWS is in DJRTP Fined $250.000 lost points Scott mac keeps the win https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/10/20/mclaughlin-keeps-bathurst-win-coulthard-put-last-djrtp-docked-points-and-fined/ ..

Just saw that.   Again Fabs penalised for following Team orders and in reality, not much of a 'Team' penalty, but what else could have happened?   Just might be me but I wonder how much faith/trust Scotty has in a Team that had to pull that sort of an Act to show how little faith/trust in him to win. 
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline simmo_33

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #405 on: Today at 11:45:34 AM »
$250,000 is chicken feed for Roger Penske . I'm sure he would consider it money well spent. Coulthard will get a nice little Christmas bonus from Roger I should think.

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #406 on: Today at 12:02:28 PM »
thus why its turned into a Shit "sport"
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #407 on: Today at 12:14:57 PM »
$250,000 is chicken feed for Roger Penske . I'm sure he would consider it money well spent. Coulthard will get a nice little Christmas bonus from Roger I should think.

Reduced to $150,000 if they stay clean for a little while
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #408 on: Today at 01:55:07 PM »
Todays news is tomorrows fish and chip papers.  Its all over and no one got taken of the podium as predicted.   While there is millions of dollars invested in the sport we will continue to see rules pushed and broken...same as every other major sport.