Author Topic: Whats making news - 2019 edition  (Read 13138 times)

Offline saph

• Sleeping Bag User
Re: Whats making news - 2019 edition
« Reply #350 on: March 17, 2019, 09:05:50 PM »
Absolutely.

As with so many mass murders in recent years, the use of a rifle, the ubiquitous AR15, explains how one cowardly killer could be so lethal.
It was much the same in the Pulse nightclub in Orlando three years ago, when one gunman shot dead 49 people in a crowded space and, though the motive appears very different, the same sort of instrument of death lies behind the 58 deaths in Las Vegas a year later. An AR15 was used to shoot dead 11 worshippers in Pittsburgh's Tree of Life Synagogue last October and a similar weapon was used to kill six people in a Quebec City mosque in January 2017.
It is a credit to the peaceful nature of New Zealand society that, despite the open availability of weapons like the AR15, the last time there was a mass shooting was in 1997. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern rightly identified reform of gun laws as one of the immediate outcomes required in response to this tragedy.
But lax gun laws are arguably the only area in which blame can be laid in New Zealand. Ms Ardern, together with Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, was also right to refer to this barbaric act of cold-blooded murder of people in prayer as right-wing extremist terrorism driven by Islamophobic hatred.

State and federal police in Australia have long warned that, next to the immediate threat posed by Salafi jihadi terrorism, they are most concerned about the steady rise of right-wing extremism.
There has been some comfort in the recognition that the most active right-wing extremist groups, and there are many, are disorganised, poorly led, and attract but small crowds.

On the face of it, then, right-wing extremism in Australia is nowhere near as serious as the neo-Nazi movements of Europe or the various permutations of white supremacy and toxic nationalism that bedevil American politics. In America, it is conservatively estimated that there were 50 deaths due to terrorist attacks in 2018, almost all linked to right-wing extremism.

In 2017, it is calculated that there were 950 attacks on Muslims and mosques in Germany alone. Many of last year's attacks in America involved a common right-wing extremist hatred of Islam, and a targeting of Muslims, joining a long-standing enmity towards Jews.

Almost all recent terrorist attacks have been lone-actor attacks. They are notoriously difficult to predict.
One of the main reasons authorities struggle with identifying right-wing extremist "nobodies" who post online, before they turn to violence, is that it's difficult to pick up a clear signal in the noise of a national discourse increasingly dominated by exactly the same narrative elements of mistrust, anxiety, and a blaming of the other.

In Australia, as in Europe and America, mainstream politicians and mainstream media commentators have increasingly toyed with extremist ideas in the pursuit of popularity. Many have openly brandished outrageous ideas that in previous years would have been unsayable in mainstream political discourse or commentary.

I fixed up the news for you because a assult rifle is a lightweight rifle developed from the sub-machine gun, which may be set to fire automatically or semi-automatically aka the F88 aug, ak47, M16, FN F2000 where as a rifle is a portable, long-barrelled firearm designed for long-range precision shooting, to be held with both hands and braced against the shoulder for stability that is not capable of semi or automatic fire. las vegas? that was done with what is called a bump stock that uses the guns recoil to fire new rounds at the cost of aim and percision.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #351 on: March 17, 2019, 09:07:12 PM »
Totally agree a gutless cowardly turd belittling and sending out out racist comments to people that had loved ones murdered only a couple of days ago and didnt have the balls to stand in front of them and say it to their face...wont even mention the morons and dipShits that worship him. Grand standing and only showing what a waste of space he really is. If he really believes the Shit he speaks..get over to NZ now and tellem that they all asked for it and deserved what they got...FFS   I think the kid will get over the fact that some thought he did the wrong thing...unlike his supposed peoples representative who has over a million people calling for his resignation and is now an international disgrace.  There,s a big difference between hitting an egg on someones hollow head and denigrating victims and family of a mass murder.

People all over the world are losing their Shite over this.  Yep..over the moron igniting hatred.
read my earlier post to see my thoughts on the senator, I'm done with responding about peoples support of a brat that got the slap down he deserved.
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #352 on: March 17, 2019, 09:28:14 PM »
This is Myswag right? Just thought i might be accidentally found my way onto Facebook.  ;D

In other news, how good was Bottas in the F1 today? We could be in for interesting times at Mercedes this year.  Good drive by Max Verstappen too, might of had a chance out Hamilton but as usual got a bit eager and decided to mow the grass a tad.  Poor old Riccardio had another shocker but at the end of the year he will have earnt almost $50mill and probably still have the same number of world championships as Max. At least it cant get much worse than this weekend for him.

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #353 on: March 17, 2019, 09:32:09 PM »
This is Myswag right? Just thought i might be accidentally found my way onto Facebook.  ;D

In other news, how good was Bottas in the F1 today? We could be in for interesting times at Mercedes this year.  Good drive by Max Verstappen too, might of had a chance out Hamilton but as usual got a bit eager and decided to mow the grass a tad.  Poor old Riccardio had another shocker but at the end of the year he will have earnt almost $50mill and probably still have the same number of world championships as Max. At least it cant get much worse than this weekend for him.
Surprised people still watch F1. I can’t stand the fact that the best and fastest driver doesn’t always win. Team orders. Ruins the sport, can’t watch it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #354 on: March 17, 2019, 09:37:41 PM »
Simple then, don’t watch it. And FFS if you just want to bitch about everything please go to Facebook.  >:(
The following users thanked this post: Bigfish

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
Whats making news - 2019 edition
« Reply #355 on: March 18, 2019, 04:21:19 AM »
Simple then, don’t watch it. And FFS if you just want to bitch about everything please go to Facebook.  >:(
You are right I don’t watch it. Not real racing anymore.
Am I bitching about it or am I providing an accurate account of what happens?
Isn’t a forum an area for people
To discuss various topics and have different opinions? Maybe you should go to Facebook

Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline brickiematt

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life member of the Silverton Hotel
« Reply #356 on: March 18, 2019, 04:55:49 AM »
Surprised people still watch F1. I can’t stand the fact that the best and fastest driver doesn’t always win. Team orders. Ruins the sport, can’t watch it anymore.

The best and fastest driver (of the day) did win yesterday.
Bottas outclassed the entire field, including his teammate.
 :cheers:

Mitsubishi Pajero NT GLS
2015 Kimberley Kamper Classic

Offline dogbox

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #357 on: March 18, 2019, 07:15:25 AM »
Which is exactly what he was after, his 15 seconds on UTube.

are they not spending a large amount of money to make people aware of the dangers of the "coward punch"
now they want to make someone who does it on utube a hero next thing it will common practice to assault
people an post on utube

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #358 on: March 18, 2019, 07:20:29 AM »
are they not spending a large amount of money to make people aware of the dangers of the "coward punch"
now they want to make someone who does it on utube a hero next thing it will common practice to assault
people an post on utube

The only winner from the egg tosser is "Gofundme" because they skim 5% of all donations received.
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Complete Campsite Exodus 16.

Offline dogbox

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #359 on: March 18, 2019, 07:28:06 AM »
i'm not a supporter of our over the top politician(s) but if he talks his filth the authorities can at least make a note of who his supporters are because if they get censored then they go under ground an become hard to monitor then the first time come to light is when something like NZ happens.

remember M.B. he sits in a small cell going mad no publicity if you can't remember M.B. then success

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #360 on: March 18, 2019, 09:02:02 AM »
Quote from: JusyApples
Team orders. Ruins the sport, can’t watch it anymore.
Thats where you went wrong, you thought it was still a sport.. Hasnt been a for 20 yrs. Its all business now - I do agree with you though.. it happens in bikes too :(
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline Kangaron

• "Don't make excuses, Make it Happen."
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #361 on: March 18, 2019, 09:25:04 AM »
Just on the radio, apparently all staff have been locked out at the AVan factory in Packenham.

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #362 on: March 18, 2019, 09:40:26 AM »
Couldnt find the keys Huh !   ;D Doesnt sound like its going to be a good thing for the workers though .
The bubble has got to burst for some manufacturers that cant / wont / slow to adapt to changing times, There is that many out there atm for people to choose from, its a wonder how any of them are surviving ..
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 09:52:46 AM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #363 on: March 18, 2019, 10:47:38 AM »
Just on the radio, apparently all staff have been locked out at the AVan factory in Packenham.
talkin bout it now on 3AW https://www.3aw.com.au/
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Sir Campalot

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #364 on: March 18, 2019, 01:21:16 PM »
Any further info? My oldies have an Avan on order, it was supposed to be in Perth for the caravan and camping show, however they have been told that their was a "delay in materials", so it wont be ready in time. Sounds dubious to me now....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Rodt

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #365 on: March 18, 2019, 02:06:09 PM »
Have read that it is Jurgens.

Do they make avan?

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #366 on: March 18, 2019, 02:59:33 PM »
avan looks like a large place

[url=https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=]https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=
!1s0x6ad61df955c622d9:0x2853bb341f8de36!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4s//geo3.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid%3Dv_a4Pby_XlqkEKzb9GNjSg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dsearch.LOCAL_UNIVERSAL.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D520%26h%3D175%26yaw%3D100.61759%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!5savan+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e2!2sv_a4Pby_XlqkEKzb9GNjSg[/url]
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Merts

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #367 on: March 18, 2019, 03:38:16 PM »
people an post on utube

Lol. He cracked an egg on his head. He didn't punch him, coward or otherwise.

Anning, on the other hand, did strike and attempt to strike the 'egger' in the head.
Towing a a National Campers 'Hermit 10' hybrid with an MQ Triton. Previously towed an Outback Campers 'Sturt' softfloor. (PM me if you want to buy the Sturt!)

Offline Bird

• Hard Top Camper User
    • My Place.
« Reply #368 on: March 18, 2019, 03:54:05 PM »
The egger deserved a punch in the head.
I havent seen the footage, but how i see it, Anning would have felt something running down his head, for all he knew it could have been blood pissing out of his head. I wouldnt have waited and asked questions either.
-
Click to enlarge

Wiring by Evo

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #369 on: March 18, 2019, 04:02:37 PM »
I havent seen the footage, but how i see it, Anning would have felt something running down his head, for all he knew it could have been blood pissing out of his head. I wouldnt have waited and asked questions either.

Yep...turning and giving the egg thrower a quick slap across the head was fine.  However then carrying on with another hit went too far.  If Anning , the turd, mouthed off like he did in some countries he,d be in jail for a long time. Here we are more tolerant but that will change.  Denigrating a group because you think like a neanderthal wont be tolerated. Anning and his ilk are nothing more than pond scum. I,ll never feel sorry for scum that are of no value to society.
Social Media...the toilet bowl of the internet..

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #370 on: March 18, 2019, 04:56:15 PM »
I havent seen the footage,
If that's true then you should watch it with a smile.... Like this one......  ;D

https://youtu.be/SKrL3b7CeDY

Offline saph

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #371 on: March 18, 2019, 05:16:26 PM »
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12213889&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nzh_tw&ref=NZH_Tw&hootPostID=2ca09c11e78af3dc38ba232b0fd33a2d

Any money the kid got for any legal fee's is going back to the victums.

Shall the name calling continue now because that used to be common place when you were all younger? oh and btw im nearly 24 and ive looked after folks much older then me by atleast 50 years and they have remourse about the days where some stuff we dont do now was considered normal.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #372 on: March 18, 2019, 05:22:57 PM »
The fact the little turd was filming himself doing it.

If ya belted him and you weren't happy with the effort, the recipient of said egging, has every right to correct the first tap on the chin with a second one.

I would've punched the little ****er until I was out of breath and knocked up.
Then, after a short nap and a cold drink, i'd kicked the little prick in the arse.

Friggin retard kid and his supporters..... dickheads.
Country Lane Classic Cars.

We stand behind every car we sell.
We may not help you push it home, but we will stand behind it and watch.

Offline Spada

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #373 on: March 18, 2019, 05:40:07 PM »
The fact the little turd was filming himself doing it.

Friggin retard kid and his supporters..... dickheads.

But Kev, he's "entitled" you know  >:D

So the entitled spoiled brat kid with an attitude looking for his 15 seconds of fame on youtube turns up armed with an egg and a camera before the idiot senator had started to speak, I'd say the egg was going to to be smashed regardless of what tripe came out of Annings mouth. No doubt Anning deserves to be put in his place for his comments, but the kid has absolutely no right to play the victim card ?
Spada.
76 Series Cruiser & Complete Campsite Exodus 16.

Offline Rumpig

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #374 on: March 18, 2019, 05:45:25 PM »
you should watch it...it's hilarious watching the punk get the smack in the head he deserved, and just as the punk goes to throw one of his own, he gets another slap from the Senator for his trouble....lol
The smell of bacon proves aromatherapy isn't total bull$/!t