Author Topic: Whats making news - 2019 edition  (Read 28568 times)

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Whats making news - 2019 edition
« Reply #300 on: March 16, 2019, 12:47:09 PM »
But it’s not who you follow, you can read comments posted on various articles yourself.
Muslims rarely call out muslims for terrorism related offences. They sit in silence.

Or is it because there are relatively few Muslims in prominent positions (other than Waleed Aly) that are public facing in Australia?

Do we give the politicians who are non-WASP/WASC a fair go at getting heard, or do we allow them to dominate the political discussion because those two groups are the dominant proportion of the Austalian population and we like a homogenous society more than a heterogeneous one?

Or, is it because Islam is a fractured as Christianity or Judaism is, but there is a need to present a coherent collective front that is a challenge when much is discussed in their religious context in languages other than English?

Remember that not all Muslims are from the Middle East, but some are from Indonesia or Bosnia and therefore don't always appear as Muslims to the majority.

For example, this piece from SBS on Australia's first Muslim MP:
https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/life/feature/faith-politics-australias-first-muslim-mp

He's from Bosnia rather than the Middle East or Indian Sub-continent, so looks like a WASP/WASC...
1992 Toyota 4Runner VZN130 (3.slo V6):

1996 Kanga Camping trailer: Build in progress

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #301 on: March 16, 2019, 01:01:06 PM »
I got to meet some fantastic people in Kazakhstan last year, most of whom were Muslim. But as one said, “we are not very good Muslims”, meaning they weren’t necessarily active practioners, just like many people in Australia who call themselves Christians but might only go to Church for the occassional christening, wedding or funeral.

It’s worth checking out the following website - you might be surprised at just where the majority of Muslims live.

http://www.pewforum.org/chart/interactive-data-table-world-muslim-population-by-country

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #302 on: March 16, 2019, 01:18:43 PM »
Or is it because there are relatively few Muslims in prominent positions (other than Waleed Aly) that are public facing in
Would you really call Waleed prominent? A host of a very low rating show on a major network. I know he would love to think he is, but is he really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought a what?
Researching my next camper

Offline lloydus67

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #303 on: March 16, 2019, 01:21:44 PM »
Interestingly there are only slightly less muslims in India than Pakistan, but the % of the population is vastly different

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #304 on: March 16, 2019, 01:26:44 PM »
Would you really call Waleed prominent? A host of a very low rating show on a major network. I know he would love to think he is, but is he really?

He likes to think so...
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado
Camper - Customline

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #305 on: March 16, 2019, 01:32:20 PM »
Now tick on a list where all the worlds big trouble spots are atm .
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #306 on: March 16, 2019, 01:57:53 PM »
Quote from: D4D
He likes to think so...
... and then some...

I still say my fictional character is better than yours.

I dont have much good to say about pollys but the more i hear and read on that NZ PM - shes pretty good.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 02:03:54 PM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline krisandkev

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #307 on: March 16, 2019, 02:46:16 PM »
I dont have much good to say about pollys but the more i hear and read on that NZ PM - shes pretty good.

Why is she good? I am not saying she is bad, but what has she alone achieved? To be fare most of our leaders come out pretty good when something bad happens, as they should. And she has admitted they need to tighten their gun laws. So why now?  The low life was able to go to NZ and get a gun licence and legally get these guns!  This is not USA.  If this happened here I am sure who ever was our Prime Minister at that time would face serious questions.  Yes I know she gave birth while in office.....  Just saying.   But this cold blooded mass murder is just a horrible thing for any country to go through. Kevin
Kris and Kev
2008 TTD Landcruiser 200 GXL, Aust Off Road Camper, 20ft Bushtracker.

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #308 on: March 16, 2019, 03:12:01 PM »
No matter how much people might like to shift the blame for these type of crimes  to other things (religion, gun laws, upbringing, bullying in school, to name just a few), the only people at fault are the perpretators.

Offline Hairs

• Get outside every day, Miracles are waiting everywhere
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • What for you kicka my dog and call him farqoff.
    • Clarence Coast property maintenance
« Reply #309 on: March 16, 2019, 04:40:38 PM »

No matter how much people might like to shift the blame,  the only people at fault are the perpretators.
Edited your post,
You are 100%. Correct.

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

You don't use magic to disappear, all you need is a 4wd & a Swag ;)

Offline rockrat

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #310 on: March 16, 2019, 04:49:05 PM »
Edited your post,
You are 100%. Correct.

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk
:cheers:

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #311 on: March 16, 2019, 05:12:00 PM »

Queensland senator Fraser Anning has been egged while speaking to the media at a political meeting at Moorabbin in Melbourne's south-east.

Footage of the incident shows a young man watching Senator Anning from the sidelines before he starts filming with his mobile phone, and then smashes the egg on the back of the senator's head.

In response, Senator Anning swings two punches at the young man, at least one of which connects with the young man's head.

A staffer for Senator Anning then separates the senator from the young man, while supporters of the senator tackle his attacker to the ground.

The young man was later led away by police.

A Victoria Police spokesman said officers arrested a 17-year-old boy from Hampton who was released pending further inquiries.

A fundraising page has already been set up to collect donations to cover the teenager's legal fees and to buy "more eggs". :cup: :cup: :cup:

lol...more eggs..love it.  I,d chip in if it was for a lobotomy.. :cheers:

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #312 on: March 16, 2019, 05:48:01 PM »
Another entitled teenager who can’t accept someone else’s opinion

Bought a what?

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #313 on: March 16, 2019, 05:54:03 PM »
It is interesting to see the outrage and response by non Muslim Australians that someone would do this to people of the Muslim faith.

Yet when the roles are reversed you hear no outrage no outcry by anyone in the Muslim community, they stay silent.

Does it really matter? What matters is  49 people where slaughtered by an deranged individual.
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline Bigfish

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #314 on: March 16, 2019, 05:57:32 PM »

Fukcwits like this imbecile who is just another parasite feeding off the public purse and showing he is so far out of touch deserves a lot more than an egg on his hollow skull.  I,ll bet he wouldnt have the balls to stand in front of the families that had members killed and utter his crap!!
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #315 on: March 16, 2019, 06:23:15 PM »
  Fukcwits like this imbecile who is just another parasite feeding off the public purse and showing he is so far out of touch deserves a lot more than an egg on his hollow skull.  I,ll bet he wouldnt have the balls to stand in front of the families that had members killed and utter his crap!!
There’s thousands of Australians who live their life on the public purse that do and say things I don’t like. I don’t go assaulting them though

Bought a what?

Offline lloydus67

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #316 on: March 16, 2019, 06:51:50 PM »

He's from Bosnia rather than the Middle East or Indian Sub-continent, so looks like a WASP/WASC...

I must have missed something from my education as I had to look up the terms wasp and wasc
White Anglo Saxon Protestant / catholic
WOW Are there or have there ever been any black yellow red or other denomination of Anglo Saxons? And who gives a rats ass as to their religion. Isn’t this Australia where your either aboriginal or of immigrant descendants
Anyway maybe I’m ranting about nothing and this possibly should be in the rant thread

Offline saph

• Swag User
« Reply #317 on: March 16, 2019, 07:30:57 PM »

you know i woud have done the exact thing to that messed up senator because i bet you havent seen his twitter posts that were then deleted.

i dont care if this gets deleted or im banned for this post but this needs to be seen to as why and i hope the teen presses charges for assault agenst the senator.

Offline JusyApples

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #318 on: March 16, 2019, 07:34:58 PM »
you know i woud have done the exact thing to that messed up senator because i bet you havent seen his twitter posts that were then deleted.

i dont care if this gets deleted or im banned for this post but this needs to be seen to as why and i hope the teen presses charges for assault agenst the senator.

He can’t press charges...Unless he is a police officer.

I’m going to go out and assault people I don’t agree with tonight. Cause who needs free speech

Bought a what?

Offline saph

• Swag User
« Reply #319 on: March 16, 2019, 07:42:42 PM »
He can’t press charges...Unless he is a police officer.

I’m going to go out and assault people I don’t agree with tonight. Cause who needs free speech

im sure the teen can get the cops to

What i dont agree with is what was said since i have worked with a person who worships islam and came from kabul, i have seen the stuff he gets put through from people like fraiser anning but guess what the aged care home he works at they love him both staff and residents regardless of where he is from because he is kind and caring but yet gets painted by the same brush. punishing a group because of a few is all this is right now.

Offline Pete79

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #320 on: March 16, 2019, 08:27:23 PM »

Just out of interest are you planning to put them in a chaff bag and drop them out at sea? Or hanging them 58 meters above George St? Or are you just hoping they all die of shame?

Or are those suggestions only reserved for women with whom hate preachers don’t agree with??

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #321 on: March 16, 2019, 10:08:27 PM »

firstly its hardly a surprise, its been in the media all day. So hardly knight in shining amour Shit.
and its his opinion, everyone is entitled to one.
-
Click to enlarge

Asssembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by Kiwi in Melbourne
Wiring by Evo

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #322 on: March 16, 2019, 10:13:54 PM »
There’s thousands of Australians who live their life on the public purse that do and say things I don’t like. I don’t go assaulting them though

Imagine if we could  ;D ;D ;D
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline alnjan

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #323 on: March 16, 2019, 10:22:18 PM »

Bit hard to have the Senator charged with Assault when he is defending himself from someone that just assaulted him
Cheers

Al and/or Jan

Offline saph

• Swag User
« Reply #324 on: March 16, 2019, 11:37:47 PM »
Bit hard to have the Senator charged with Assault when he is defending himself from someone that just assaulted him

but yet we cant do the same for our selfs in our own homes without being charged or even on the street where there is clear evidence of others throwing the first punch so why should a senator be treaded any diffrent for a role that they got given?