Author Topic: "Daily Rant" thread 2019  (Read 94288 times)

Offline kizza1

• Soft Floor Camper User
Re: "Daily Rant" thread 2019
« Reply #1725 on: December 24, 2019, 06:29:50 AM »
Just keep hassling them hairs. I briefly worked for a company that was a bad payer. There moto was only pay the ones you cant shut up. I was there 3 months and left because i didnt feel comfortable taking peoples money not knowing if they were going to get their product. Soon after i left they went into recievership. The accounts who got what they were owed were the ones who rang twice a day everyday and put the pressure on.

Offline Jeepers Creepers

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1726 on: December 24, 2019, 06:42:13 AM »
Hey Kev,
I don't give 30 day accounts.
All Invoices & Estimates clearly state,
"Payment of invoices required within 14 days or by the last day of the month, which ever occurs first. Over due accounts will incur a 10% Administration fee Weekly"
Hmmmm

Fukk the 14 days, payment on completion.
If we ever did a job for a 1st timer who I was concerned about,it was cash up front or the mower stayed on the trailer.

We mowed for a New Zealand based owner, money in the account, then we mow it.
She then dumped 2 mows worth in and it ran that way the whole time.

One bloke, we mowed for him, got paid, then told him he was too much of a pain in the arse trying to be slow in payment for a vacant block.

Ended with him putting 6 months worth at a time in the bank.

They will do it if you make them. Your business, your rules.

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1727 on: December 24, 2019, 07:31:24 AM »
I'm the treasurer for a ski club up at Buller. I make it a habit to pay bills as soon as I can. I usually do it at work as that's where I keep the books. If a bill hits the email while I'm at work I pay it within minutes. I even chase some of our suppliers for bills if I haven't received any for a while, just to make sure I haven't missed one.
By doing that the readies we use know they won't get screwed and look after us when needed.
2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 

Offline Fizzie

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1728 on: December 24, 2019, 08:01:30 AM »
Invoices over due by 30 days, don't answer calls

Borrow the Mrs' / kid's phone, or grab a $2 sim, & ring them from a number they don't recognise as yours >:D

You've got a fair chance that they'll at least answer, at which time you can "gently" remind them about your bill, & that if the monies not in your bank account in 2 days time, then it's going to lawyers >:D

If you really wanted to be nasty about it ::) ;D, you could always do one more small job for them ...

Go round to their place & screw a sign on the front fence - "These people don't pay their bills!"  >:D

All Invoices & Estimates clearly state,
"Payment of invoices required within 14 days or by the last day of the month, which ever occurs first. Over due accounts will incur a 10% Administration fee Weekly"

& modify that to also include ""50%" of estimated final amount to be paid prior to commencement of work"
Terrie: 2014 Ford SZ Territory, auto 2.7l turbo-diesel
Sunnie:  Sunliner Holiday 18' caravan

Offline moeite

• Tent User
« Reply #1729 on: December 24, 2019, 11:01:15 AM »
I have a rant.

I outlined the fact that they are doing a great job, but surely some of the workers are becoming totally exhausted.

I offered to help, stating I can drive a truck, make sandwiches, hand out water, anything that will free up the experts to fight fires and give some assistance.

The reply came a couple of days later

‘If you wish to join the RFS please read our website’

During the Black Saturday fires we went down to the local CFA depot and asked if there was anything we could do. We got told that there's crate of bread that needs buttering, a bag of onions, a fridge of sausages and there's a BBQ out the back. Get cooking and we'll take them up to the staging point. We spent the next few hours cooking snags and onions and loading them into the back of a CFA station wagon. Next morning we got a phone call asking if we could come down and make sandwiches.

Forget the web site and go down to your local banch and make the offer. If there's ANYTHING that you can do they'll be all over it.
Mark F...
VK3KW
2000 Discovery 2 Td5 manual
Balance Trailers BT02HF forward fold camper
Http://jandmf.com

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #1730 on: December 28, 2019, 11:22:20 PM »
This is ****ed... what the **** is happening to this country? Are we in Beirut?

A grandfather left "brain dead" in hospital after he was bashed unconscious in front of his family will have his life support system switched off on Sunday.

Anthony Clark, 50, was bashed outside his home on Esther Crescent in Mooroolbark just before 11pm on Christmas night by a gang of youths allegedly armed with baseball bats and metal bars.

His stepdaughter Jess Clark said a group of people set upon her mother and Mr Clark following a dispute over fireworks.

"Fifteen guys rocked up here and... he just really didn't have a chance," she said.

"They knocked my mum out right here on the driveway straight away. They had bats, they smashed my car and then they just threw my mum around like a rag doll. They were yelling because a firework went off and their dog was barking. So now my dad is dead... because their dog was barking."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/bashed-grandfather-s-life-support-to-be-switched-off-20191228-p53ncd.html
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 11:25:53 AM by Bird »
-
Click to enlarge

Assembled by Lifestyle Qld
Transformed by me, Kiwi, Evo n Farkaway Electrics

Offline shakey55

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #1731 on: December 29, 2019, 05:55:11 AM »
 Very sad, and they had the audacity to charge members of the blokes family with affray.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline corndog

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1732 on: December 29, 2019, 10:48:50 AM »
This is the way we are going. And not enough is being done to stop it. I have to think that the reports on this are omitting some important information. I might be wrong in my thinking and will stand corrected. But what for some is becoming  a common occurrence is not mentioned.

Offline DrewXT

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1733 on: December 29, 2019, 11:01:01 PM »
Very sad, and they had the audacity to charge members of the blokes family with affray.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I perish to think what I'd do if anyone did that to a member of my family... It wouldn't be affray

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
2013 Amarok Highline
2015 Customline Adventure Walkup

Offline #jonesy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1734 on: December 30, 2019, 06:53:56 AM »
As bad as it is, before you all get too carried away it might pay to wait for the full story.

The affray was on a different day, 2 days later. It sounds like the family were fighting in the street amongst themselves.

One of the family blamed African gangs for the Christmas day attack on radio. That wasn't true.
All that has been reported is something about barking dogs, fireworks and one couple bashed.

2013 Aussie Jays - Crusher      2013 Toyota Hilux. 
The following users thanked this post: Troopy_03

Offline MDS69

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1735 on: December 30, 2019, 08:52:05 AM »
As bad as it is, before you all get too carried away it might pay to wait for the full story.

The affray was on a different day, 2 days later. It sounds like the family were fighting in the street amongst themselves.

One of the family blamed African gangs for the Christmas day attack on radio. That wasn't true.
All that has been reported is something about barking dogs, fireworks and one couple bashed.

Yes could be more to this story me thinks.

Offline Pottsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #1736 on: December 30, 2019, 09:23:27 AM »
Yes could be more to this story me thinks.

Oh, cmon, you should never let the truth get in the way of a good story! ;D ;D
if God had meant me to walk he wouldn't have invented 4wds! Mitsubishi Challenger Pc 2014 (Blondie)
Challange Meredien Offroad Walk Thru

Offline Paddler Ed

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #1737 on: December 30, 2019, 09:29:42 AM »
I wouldn't deny that there is more to the story; however, if it needs to come to court (and a jury trial) then the less that is published for trial by media, the easier it is to get a jury that haven't already made their mind up - so, based on that I would assume that the press know what else is going on, but can't publish it for fear of screwing up the trial.