Author Topic: Project campers  (Read 362 times)

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
Project campers
« on: December 20, 2018, 07:56:58 AM »
Recent trip away and found these two for sale ..
Was looking at getting the Millard 370 LP [ April 1987 Mdl ] 12' van ... Old mate wants about $3000   for it  which I think is a fair price  and turning  it into a lifted  Hybrid style camper [1200 Kg is to heavy for what I want  ] It has sat for a number of years, Last moved / used 12 months ago,  seems in solid enough condition chassis 100 x 50 mm RHS / body wise . Interior is reasonable but dated and could do with a modern fresh up, front kitchen area has been turned into a lounge and the two rear dun rootin beds have the table down double bed option, no mattress.
Ol mate says the pop top skirt is ok / dont leak but could do with a replace, Has electric brakes and would need the Hitch locking plunger handle replaced [ Broken ] or replace hitch [ aprox $70  , two different style  rims fitted with very old tyres, didnt take notice  on size as they would have been swapped out for 15"  anyway   ..
The other is an old style  Viscount fibreglass pop up camper, year /  condition and  $$$ unknown, seems like the tent section has been replaced at some stage and in reasonable nick , The hitch plunger handle is broken and would need to be replaced or the hitch replaced, Tyres would need replacing due to age,   but other than that I didnt have a look over it .  .
If you would like a project 12' van at a good entry price one of these could be a good start, located near Armidale NSW, I dont own them or know the owners,  just found them / the one I was looking at didnt suit my needs so  thought I would share .. PM for location details if you might be interested
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:03:34 AM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "